Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 05-06-2020, 06:07 AM   #1
porkchop express

Drives: 2020 Camaro ss 1le
2020 ss 1le 1ss

What prices are people seeing 2020 ss 1Le's 1ss going for? I know there's 1,500 off from chevy. I wonder how much room the dealers have to work with?
porkchop express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:24 AM   #2
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Depends on the dealer and how willing they are to work with you.

The 2020 1SS 1LE I just purchased a few weeks ago from a dealer 100+ miles from me went like this.....
Found the car I wanted in inventory in NJ by doing a 300 mile radius dealer inventory search on Chevy.com. Then, essentially negotiated and made purchase entirely online.

MSRP for mine was $46,780, they gave a $1k discount for buying online (cool idea!), $1500 rebate, an additional $1k I was able to get them to knock off by negotiating (no trade in) all on top of the Supplier Pricing I was entitled to. I was ~$40k out the door, so around $6k off MSRP. Pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Exactly the car I wanted at a price I am good with.

Some dealers will work with you, some will not. You need to reach out to any with the car you want and see what they will do.

Good luck in your hunt!
Nothing like an SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
If you really want a good deal, see if you can find a 19 leftover. AFAIK the only difference is the improved front fascia on the 20, but I grew fond of the 19 after a while, and for the deal I got, I am not complaining.

But yeah, as mentioned, it all depends on the dealer and how flexible you are with your options(things like sunroof and PDR which are not standard with 1SS or 1LE package and very difficult to add on later). If you can find a few in the same area, you can make them fight for your business and get a good deal in the process.

There are also some websites that will give you some idea on the wholesale price of the car so you can make an educated offer based on that.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 05:01 PM   #4
porkchop express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing like an SS View Post

The 2020 1SS 1LE I just purchased a few weeks ago from a dealer 100+ miles from me went like this.....
Found the car I wanted in inventory in NJ by doing a 300 mile radius dealer inventory search on Chevy.com. Then, essentially negotiated and made purchase entirely online.

MSRP for mine was $46,780, they gave a $1k discount for buying online (cool idea!), $1500 rebate, an additional $1k I was able to get them to knock off by negotiating (no trade in) all on top of the Supplier Pricing I was entitled to. I was ~$40k out the door, so around $6k off MSRP. Pretty good deal as far as I'm concerned. Exactly the car I wanted at a price I am good with.

Some dealers will work with you, some will not. You need to reach out to any with the car you want and see what they will do.

Good luck in your hunt!
I would take the deal you got. Just started calling dealers but didn't counter any offers yet. I'm off work next week and can spend some time looking.

Do they have any more at your dealer?
I'm in Michigan but don't mind traveling.
Old 05-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #5
porkchop express

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
If you really want a good deal, see if you can find a 19 leftover. AFAIK the only difference is the improved front fascia on the 20, but I grew fond of the 19 after a while, and for the deal I got, I am not complaining.

But yeah, as mentioned, it all depends on the dealer and how flexible you are with your options(things like sunroof and PDR which are not standard with 1SS or 1LE package and very difficult to add on later). If you can find a few in the same area, you can make them fight for your business and get a good deal in the process.

There are also some websites that will give you some idea on the wholesale price of the car so you can make an educated offer based on that.
I already checked the 19's. A lot of the ones left have some goofy options and not a lot of color choices left.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:33 PM   #6
Eel125

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE shadow grey
Quote:

Good luck in your hunt!
Bridgewater Chevy???...if so i test drove that car back in december...nice car
Eel125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:23 AM   #7
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop express View Post
I would take the deal you got. Just started calling dealers but didn't counter any offers yet. I'm off work next week and can spend some time looking.

Do they have any more at your dealer?
I'm in Michigan but don't mind traveling.
Only 1SS 1LE they had. They had a 2SS and a SSvert there. No 1SS 1LE on Long Island anywhere. Next closest I found was North Carolina....

Jump on Chevy website and search in any radius you wish, that's how I found mine.
Old 05-07-2020, 05:25 AM   #8
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eel125 View Post
Bridgewater Chevy???...if so i test drove that car back in december...nice car
Yup! That explains why it had 142 miles on it when I picked it up! lol

It is a great car, very happy with it! Tomorrow I have my 500 mile service scheduled (no, not in NJ!).
Old 05-07-2020, 07:08 AM   #9
Redlinez
Shifts under load

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1SS 1LE rally green
A little over a month ago I did the same thing as Nothing Like An SS- did it through the dealers website and emails. I ended up at $6000 off or so and they gave me $4000 more for my 17 SS than the dealer that had a leftover 2019. I think I got a $500 better deal on the 2020 as well.
Redlinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:28 AM   #10
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Redlinez, great deal, congrats!!!

Yes, search for the car you want and find a dealer willing to deal and you are all set. Patience, determination will pay off.

I had ordered one, then two days later factory shutdown, that was my motivation to find my car now! Took a few weeks to find it and get the deal I wanted, was well worth the effort.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:12 PM   #11
evilstevie

Drives: 2022 RBM 2SS 1le
Quote:

Good luck in your hunt!
Just so I'm understanding - you ended up at $40k before TTL correct? That seems like a good target to shoot for. 15% off of MSRP.
evilstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:15 PM   #12
Eel125

Drives: 2019 1SS 1LE shadow grey
Quote:
Yup! That explains why it had 142 miles on it when I picked it up! lol

It is a great car, very happy with it! Tomorrow I have my 500 mile service scheduled (no, not in NJ!).
Dont worry , i didnt beat on it...lol...good luck with it
Eel125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:24 AM   #13
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilstevie View Post
Just so I'm understanding - you ended up at $40k before TTL correct? That seems like a good target to shoot for. 15% off of MSRP.
Correct, TTL not included in that price.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:25 AM   #14
Nothing like an SS
Faster!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eel125 View Post
Dont worry , i didnt beat on it...lol...good luck with it
Thanks! I'll do the beating! lol! Great cat for sure!