Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - NY / NJ / PA

AWE Tuning

Old 04-15-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
jcastag

Drives: 2017 Camaro FIFTY 2SS
NJ Window Tint Shop Recommendations

Does anyone have a really good tint shop in NJ or Rockland County area? I used a tint shop in the area that used top quality tint and had a machine that computer cut the pieces before they were installed.

Place was awesome and did an amazing job, but I can't find their number and I believe they moved
jcastag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #2
itlylawboy

Drives: 2017 chevy ss 6 spd
Same car as u. Tropic in union is where you wana go. Im gona go there soon. Just picked up car yest.
itlylawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
jcastag

Will check them out.. Do you know whst kind of tint they use?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
itlylawboy

Drives: 2017 chevy ss 6 spd
Not sure
itlylawboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #5
jcastag

They seem reputable for $430 to tint a Camaro seems like alot.. Does anyone else have pricing comparisons
Old 04-16-2018, 10:43 PM   #6
jcastag

so I figured everyone here would find this as shady as I did. I get a PM from what I thought was a fellow member, and that person then back doors me to the owner of Tropic Window Tinting in Union NJ, claiming that his "friend" knows the owner.

I for the life of me cant understand why what is supposedly a "reputable" tint company would discuss my personal business with what is in essence a total stranger to me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlylawboy
Does tropic want $430 to tint ur car or another shop? They usually are $250 for our cars
Yes they said 430....I called them out on it as well and said that's ridiculous for a 2 door coupe.

[/QUOTE]
My friend talked to alex the owner. He said u asked for ceramic window tint which is the most expensive tint u can get. Regular tint with lifetime warranty is $260.

[/QUOTE]
So let me get this straight...you send me a private message, asking me about what they quoted me. They YOU reach out to the owner and back door me to see what I was asking for???

Are you serious?????????

Not only is that SUPER shady on your part, but the fact that a company actually felt it was OK to discuss my personal business with a complete stranger is actually NOT ACCEPTABLE AT ALL!!!

TERRIBLE WAY TO CONDUCT BUSINESS!!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #7
RickErnst
Rick's6inNJ

Drives: 2017 Vert 2LT RS V6
Although I surely don't condone the shady stuff mentioned above , I can vouch for the work they do (or at least did). I had my 2004 Mazda 6 wagon tinted there probably 10 or so years ago - all windows except windshield - I think the bill was about $150 back then. Basic 35% to match the typical SUV tint. They did a fantastic job, with no bubbles, bad fitment, etc. Just traded that car in for the Camaro back in September and the tint was as good as new. No scratches or lifting at all.

Was thinking about going back to have the Camaro done, but now I'm not so sure. I also moved so now looking in the Somerset county area. Any recommendations?
Attached Images

RickErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:46 PM   #8
jcastag

I met with the owner today and he seems like a great guy. In the end I am more pissed at the guy from this forum than the owner.