Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-22-2020, 05:52 PM   #15
xqwisit23

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I have an SS 1LE and I have the Recaro as well as the suede steering wheel. The Recaros are definitely nice, the steering wheel is pretty good too. I just got my new driving gloves(old ones were in the C7 when it flooded) so the wear shouldn't be a problem.

And just remember you are buying a sports car in a pandemic and an economic downturn. Be persistent, patient but also reasonable, and I can't see why any dealer in their right mind wouldn't budge to make a deal with you. I got $CAN 13k off of MSRP on mine since it's a 19 model, while someone else in Canada said they got $CAN 7k off of MSRP on a 2020 SS 1LE. Lots of deals to be had if you are willing to play the game.
I agree. I'm from BC but purchased my 2SS Vert from Sherwood Park. MSRP was $67K and I picked it up for $52K (2019 brand new from showroom). Deals are definitely to be had but you need to be patient and definitely use the internet as your search tool. Good luck
xqwisit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:40 PM   #16
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
I’ve been looking for a manual, V8, Shock, convertible. Brand new, preferably LT1 (prefer LT1 look, not money related) but open to SS.

I’m buying new and there’s 20 V8 M6 convertibles available in the entire country. And that won’t change anytime soon. It’s a rare combination for a reason. What is available, dealers are willing to negotiate. Even though, the 20 that are available aren’t exactly what I want so I’ll be ordering mine in the next 1-2 weeks.

If looking used, the only way you’re going to find what you want, is going to be hundreds if not thousands of miles away. My current car, I drove 8 hours away to buy and I’d do it again in a heartbeat if the right opportunity presented itself. Everyone is different though.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #17
seethruya

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1 Conv
If you were looking for a used auto 2SS convertible, the market is about to be flooded by the rental car companies, especially Hertz. In a lot of cases, 2020s with fairly low miles and at fire sale prices.
seethruya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #18
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethruya View Post
I’ve been looking for a manual, V8, Shock, convertible. Brand new, preferably LT1 (prefer LT1 look, not money related) but open to SS.

I’m buying new and there’s 20 V8 M6 convertibles available in the entire country. And that won’t change anytime soon. It’s a rare combination for a reason. What is available, dealers are willing to negotiate. Even though, the 20 that are available aren’t exactly what I want so I’ll be ordering mine in the next 1-2 weeks.

If looking used, the only way you’re going to find what you want, is going to be hundreds if not thousands of miles away. My current car, I drove 8 hours away to buy and I’d do it again in a heartbeat if the right opportunity presented itself. Everyone is different though.
My search is national, and has been from the start. The right car is the right car, even if it's literally 3000 miles away. Even looking at the inventory of new cars, there are not a lot of matches but I have been partially attributing that to new supply being interrupted.

I've basically determined that MagRide isn't going to happen on a used model unless I forego NPP. I see NPP as more preferable to MagRide, though, so that's probably how it will shake out.

Quote:
If you were looking for a used auto 2SS convertible, the market is about to be flooded by the rental car companies, especially Hertz. In a lot of cases, 2020s with fairly low miles and at fire sale prices.
This generation of Camaro has an AFM motor that is yet to be proven to be long-term reliable and a significant break-in period of driving to ensure that everything seats nicely from the start. Combine that with the reality that the higher performance models are often rented on the weekend and driven much harder than they should have been and it becomes pretty clear that buying this type of car from a rental company is loaded with risk.

Even though I would personally never buy a car from a rental company, I looked at their inventory when article first started appearing about them selling the Camaros and the 'Vettes and they don't have anything at all that appeals to me.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:38 AM   #19
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
So this situation may help you even if you're wouldn't consider buying a used rental. It creates more supply, more availability, and lower pricing in the resale market. But since things seem to be on economic hold right now, in my uneducated opinion, we are not quite there yet.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:51 AM   #20
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
So this situation may help you even if you're wouldn't consider buying a used rental. It creates more supply, more availability, and lower pricing in the resale market. But since things seem to be on economic hold right now, in my uneducated opinion, we are not quite there yet.
Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.

If there were a bunch of them being offered that were very similar to what the dealers had, and they were selling at competitive prices, it would be easy to simply show a dealership that their pricing is out of line and get a much better deal from the dealers. But, I don't see much in terms of actual inventory from Hertz right now that would compete in the convertible line nor do I expect any ability to sell at reasonable prices. Those cars are assets for them, not inventory. And, they can't just sell them off at whatever price simply to ease their financial burden. If they continue to spiral down, and the stakeholders approve selling assets to raise cash to pay liabilities, then we might see some changes in the market for a while as they pare their stock levels.

On the flip side, if the economy stays down for an extended period, the makers and government may well start throwing out heavy incentives to get people to buy new (especially when there's hope of starting a recovery). THAT is likely to have a better impact on the prices of used inventory.

In other words, if I don't find something in the next few weeks, I'll likely just sit on it until next spring rolls around and see what's out there then.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #21
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
I dont think there will be many great deals in the short term. Existing inventory is already low because of the shutdown. The only reason to discount existing is to make room for new but there isn’t any coming yet. Everything is out of whack.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #22
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I dont think there will be many great deals in the short term. Existing inventory is already low because of the shutdown. The only reason to discount existing is to make room for new but there isn’t any coming yet. Everything is out of whack.
I agree that may be the situation for new cars, but a lot of businesses are sitting with used inventory, loan payments on that inventory, along with continued overhead costs like rent or mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, etc.
With little income the past few months because of Covid 19, there must be some incentive to drop prices to generate sales to avoid default on the loans, even it means selling at no profit for the short term. Losing credit rating means the source of loans dries up, or at least results in higher interest rates on borrowed money. That could hurt a business a lot more in the long run.
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #23
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
I agree that may be the situation for new cars, but a lot of businesses are sitting with used inventory, loan payments on that inventory, along with continued overhead costs like rent or mortgage payments, taxes, insurance, etc.
With little income the past few months because of Covid 19, there must be some incentive to drop prices to generate sales to avoid default on the loans, even it means selling at no profit for the short term. Losing credit rating means the source of loans dries up, or at least results in higher interest rates on borrowed money. That could hurt a business a lot more in the long run.
Problem is that you can’t go throwing logic at these people. Lol
Old 05-25-2020, 02:32 PM   #24
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Fed is going to buy Camaros, that's why there's a shortage , convertible or otherwise. Dealerships in hoarding mode.

Logic? Neighbor wanted to sell his house for 300K for the past year. A bit overpriced, so it sat. Covid strikes, his house is now for sale for 368K. Thats logic lol.

"Inflation" is driving all prices up and causing shortages and hoarding. /s
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:20 PM   #25
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyz View Post
Fed is going to buy Camaros, that's why there's a shortage , convertible or otherwise. Dealerships in hoarding mode.

Logic? Neighbor wanted to sell his house for 300K for the past year. A bit overpriced, so it sat. Covid strikes, his house is now for sale for 368K. Thats logic lol.

"Inflation" is driving all prices up and causing shortages and hoarding. /s
No.. It's panic buying. Everyone is running out to get a Camaro 'vert, so the lots are empty of them.
Old 05-25-2020, 07:47 PM   #26
indyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
No.. It's panic buying. Everyone is running out to get a Camaro 'vert, so the lots are empty of them.
Driving a convertible does help with social distancing hence they're all sold out
Old 05-26-2020, 10:59 AM   #27
ember1205
Hot Camaro

I just learned today that the allocations to dealers for 2020 cars is done. Nothing in transit to any lots and new builds coming from GM will all be for MY 2021. The selection of cars that I'd be interested in that are still on lots from MY20 is very low (less than two dozen) - maybe that's part of why the used selection is also low... No one is trading in for a newer version of what they've had. :(

I'm going to reach out to someone that will buy for me from an auction and see what his thoughts are and may end up just trying to close a great deal on a new one.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:37 AM   #28
indyz

If there are good deals on new ones, might as well spend the extra few thousand. Its only money