Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-26-2019, 01:28 AM   #1
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
turn off C.A.G.S skip shift on 17 camaro SS

what do I have to do to turn it off in hp tuners thanks
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1

Last edited by JCunningham; 03-26-2019 at 10:50 AM.
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:16 AM   #2
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Buy a $20 adapter or get tuned are the two normal ways... Use more right pedal is free... Nothing gets rid of the dash notification though
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:28 AM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanKnight View Post
Buy a $20 adapter or get tuned are the two normal ways... Use more right pedal is free... Nothing gets rid of the dash notification though
Well, that might not be totally true. On my 5th gen I had it completely disabled in the tune. It was an input field and all that was necessary was to uncheck the box and then no more skip shift including the dash message. My guess is the same thing can be done in the 6th Gen tune file.

Of course altering the stock tune comes with warranty risks but on the 5th Gen I did a cam & bolt-on package - so I was voiding the warranty anyway.

OP - with your list of mods I'm sure you have an aftermarket tune. Ask your tuner to look for the CAGS feature and disable it if that is still a possibility on the 6th gen.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
UrbanKnight

Drives: Fastish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Well, that might not be totally true. On my 5th gen I had it completely disabled in the tune. It was an input field and all that was necessary was to uncheck the box and then no more skip shift including the dash message. My guess is the same thing can be done in the 6th Gen tune file.

Of course altering the stock tune comes with warranty risks but on the 5th Gen I did a cam & bolt-on package - so I was voiding the warranty anyway.

OP - with your list of mods I'm sure you have an aftermarket tune. Ask your tuner to look for the CAGS feature and disable it if that is still a possibility on the 6th gen.
Good to know! I thought the message stayed.... New to camaro life though
UrbanKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
JCunningham

Sorry I forgot to add I want to know how to turn it off in hp tuners. What values to put it at. It's not check boxes. It has speed to disable temp presure on and off
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
Old 03-26-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Sorry I forgot to add I want to know how to turn it off in hp tuners. What values to put it at. It's not check boxes. It has speed to disable temp presure on and off
Well, sorry about that. It looks like they had to make it more difficult for the gen 6. I do know that CAGS engages between 15-19 mph in first gear only.

Hopefully I've bumped this for you and someone who knows HP tuners will chime in. Good luck!

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #7
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
In VCM Editor go to the Trans tab. From there click on the Manual tab. Then look for the "Disable Speed" parameter and change the speed to 0. Upload tune and you're done. See pic.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-03-26 at 1.30.52 PM.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  259.8 KB
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 10:54 PM   #8
JCunningham

cool thanks. On the HP forum i found someone with a european stock tune and in that it had everything maxed out