Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

View Poll Results: Are you interested in 1LE replicas?
Don't like these rims 22 13.50%
Interested, but I want the real deal (don't want) 25 15.34%
I want replicas, stock size 49 30.06%
I want replicas, size that fits my stock tires 32 19.63%
I want replicas, 19 inch diameter 15 9.20%
I want replicas, other reason 20 12.27%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2016, 06:14 PM   #29
MRRWheelsInc

Drives: Camaro
Just to clear things up that may change voters opinions, yes we can make these wheels to accept your current OE tires but that means that the wheel will have to be no wider then a 20x9 which will eliminate the concavity of the wheel, for us to get maximum concave to look like the OE 1LE wheel it will require a 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. Or if concavity is not a concern 20x9 maybe a 20x9.5
MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #30
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRRWheelsInc View Post
Just to clear things up that may change voters opinions, yes we can make these wheels to accept your current OE tires but that means that the wheel will have to be no wider then a 20x9 which will eliminate the concavity of the wheel, for us to get maximum concave to look like the OE 1LE wheel it will require a 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. Or if concavity is not a concern 20x9 maybe a 20x9.5
I can't speak for all of those that want these to fit the stock rims but...I have done my homework on this in the past.

As someone interested in that option, I realize the 9" won't have the concavity of the wider rims, but I don't think it means that it will "eliminate" the concavity of the wheel. At least I don't see why it would...they should still be far from "flat". If you were to go with a rim that has a more aggressive offset than the stock wheel...in this case it should at least be more a little more concave than the stock wheel, but less so than the 10" and 11" wide versions.

Example: I had the Style 41 ZL1 replicas on my last car. They were all 9" wide, and had a +27mm offset that poked them out further than stock. Now, they also didn't have the same concavity as the 10 and 11" rims, but again, with that offset they were much more aggressive looking than stock and had more concavity. I loved it...had all the look, and they were also the lightest option. I shaved weight over my stock rims.

So would something like that be possible for these rims? I will say that it will be disappointing if the 9" wide wheels have the same offset as stock.

Personally, I would go with a 9" in the front (0.5" gain over stock) and a 10" in the rear if your 10" wheel also fit well in the rear and put my stock tires on....otherwise I'd go with 9" all around, and happily give up the 0.5 width in the rear and still mount my stock tires.

Appreciate your time on this, and love that you are already getting a start.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #31
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Thank you for the information. I would love to have a set of these with 20x10 front and 20x11 rears. I have no need to fit the stock tires on these wheels. I am definitevely looking for the cancavity the wheels will have.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 PM   #32
6spdhyperblue

Drives: 6th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
We... ?

People that track / autocross would buy a real track rim, not a replica.
Na, they do tho
Lol
6spdhyperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:24 PM   #33
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
I want the 10" front 11" rears, but I want the Z28 style rims, these new 1LE rims aren't as nice as 5th gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #34
MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
I want the 10" front 11" rears, but I want the Z28 style rims, these new 1LE rims aren't as nice as 5th gen.

we do have the M228 wheel in stock ready to go/
i would recommend contacting Element wheels as they are a current sponsoring vendor and definitely have the wheels in the proper 2016 fitment in stock.
lets get you on a set and get some pics
Old 02-15-2016, 12:32 PM   #35
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
well I do completely see your point, in some cases the replica game has gotten such a bad rep mainly because the companies who rely solely on a rep try to manufacture the wheel as cheap as possible just to sell volume. but keep this in mind a wheel design is one thing and the manufacturing plus the manufacture behind it is another, we are not here to make a cheap wheel it has our name on it in which we will not ever risk our brand by manufacturing a poor quality wheel. i didnt want to say it yet but if this is a go we plan on producing it using our Flow Forged construction, definitely lighter then regular O.E. wheels and will more likely be very close to the O.E. forged 1LE wheel pictured above, this is the same manufacturing that we use on our Mustangs M350 wheels which are tracked by many members on that platform.
now the cost will land in the 1600-1900.00 range, trust me there will be someone that will replicate and be below the 1500.00 but thats when you land in the is just a replica no brand market.
Are these wheels going to have factory width and offset? I just skimmed this and it sounds like they won't be. Also, where are your wheels manufactured?
2/8/16 3000 TPW 2/29
2/18/16 3400
3/3/16 3800
3/4/16 4B00
3/5/16 4300
3/7/16 4200!!!
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #36
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
we do have the M228 wheel in stock ready to go/
i would recommend contacting Element wheels as they are a current sponsoring vendor and definitely have the wheels in the proper 2016 fitment in stock.
lets get you on a set and get some pics

Ok for sure.. Just ordered my Camaro, will be at least 3 months before she arrives. I'll check out element in meantime. Thx

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 12:41 PM   #37
MRRWheelsInc

Just wanted to clear up a few thing's on the replica subject. especially for the track course guys and only to reasure that you will receive a high quality wheel.

A wheel can only be considered a replica do to its design and some replicas have received a bad reputation but is not the replica is the manufacture behind it and what they decided to do with it.

simple example: some manufactures will replicate a wheel and will offer a general size and width and there job is to sell numbers to the masses at a cheap price, 20" for 1000 at the most this is more likely a standard cast wheel in which the manufacture only cared for the design aspect.

now what if a manufacture took that same design but used a better construction??
maybe full blown Forged, maybe Flow Forged or maybe low pressure casting, all these are 3 better options then standard cast and make for a better stronger wheel.

Thats our goal: make a better, lighter constructed wheel for the community back by a reliable source.

trust us someone in this industry will make this 1LE Rep and are probably already planing out the whole thing and will be priced in the 1,000.00 set mark, this is great for those who want the look and visual aspect, I want to give you guys the visual aspect and a strong light weight Rotatory Forged wheel.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:37 PM   #38
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I can't speak for all of those that want these to fit the stock rims but...I have done my homework on this in the past.

As someone interested in that option, I realize the 9" won't have the concavity of the wider rims, but I don't think it means that it will "eliminate" the concavity of the wheel. At least I don't see why it would...they should still be far from "flat". If you were to go with a rim that has a more aggressive offset than the stock wheel...in this case it should at least be more a little more concave than the stock wheel, but less so than the 10" and 11" wide versions.

Example: I had the Style 41 ZL1 replicas on my last car. They were all 9" wide, and had a +27mm offset that poked them out further than stock. Now, they also didn't have the same concavity as the 10 and 11" rims, but again, with that offset they were much more aggressive looking than stock and had more concavity. I loved it...had all the look, and they were also the lightest option. I shaved weight over my stock rims.

So would something like that be possible for these rims? I will say that it will be disappointing if the 9" wide wheels have the same offset as stock.

Personally, I would go with a 9" in the front (0.5" gain over stock) and a 10" in the rear if your 10" wheel also fit well in the rear and put my stock tires on....otherwise I'd go with 9" all around, and happily give up the 0.5 width in the rear and still mount my stock tires.

Appreciate your time on this, and love that you are already getting a start.
MRR...can you please respond on my response to your statement above?

Basically, the real question is, do you think you could make a 9" wheel with a more aggressive offset than the stock wheels (in my case, the standard 5 spoke) and more concavity?

If you can't answer that question now I understand, but I will say again that I'd assume they would have a more aggressive offset. If not, that will diminish a lot of interest in something that would fit stock tires. My opinion anyways. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:45 PM   #39
KMPrenger

Quote:
now the cost will land in the 1600-1900.00 range, trust me there will be someone that will replicate and be below the 1500.00 but thats when you land in the is just a replica no brand market.
Just giving you an honest response, but if someone does replicate the wheels, and they look nice/don't weight a ton, and come at or under 1,500 they will sell a ton of them.

Not saying this is the route you should go. I still very much appreciate what you are doing, and I am definitely a potential buyer! Many buyers want a forged wheel. Many (including myself) don't want or need a forged wheel. As long as the wheel is safe and abides by standards, then I see no reason not to purchase it if it checks all the boxes.

All I'm saying is, $1,100 set of wheels that does all I need versus 1,600 set that is forged...I'm going for the cheaper set lol. Call me cheap if you want.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #40
MRRWheelsInc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Just giving you an honest response, but if someone does replicate the wheels, and they look nice/don't weight a ton, and come at or under 1,500 they will sell a ton of them.

Not saying this is the route you should go. I still very much appreciate what you are doing, and I am definitely a potential buyer! Many buyers want a forged wheel. Many (including myself) don't want or need a forged wheel. As long as the wheel is safe and abides by standards, then I see no reason not to purchase it if it checks all the boxes.

All I'm saying is, $1,100 set of wheels that does all I need versus 1,600 set that is forged...I'm going for the cheaper set lol. Call me cheap if you want.
lol i understand some guys are not after a performance wheel, in fact we also offer Low pressure cast wheels with in our brand and we have been offering this for the past 10 years it has been our core survival, we just recently decided to get into a deeper side of performance wheels and thats why we created the FS01/ Light weight Flow forged, strong and because are target cars are Porsche, Audi R8 and many european vehicles we also tested for VIA, JWL and TUV. just to give you a idea of where we believe this wheel will be priced at our Mustang M350 flowforged wheel in a 19x10/19x11 retails at 1499.99
Old 02-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #41
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
So is this a go? Im about to order up my Camaro today or tomorrow

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #42
drivingagain

Drives: 2015 Tiger XCX,2016 Camaro 1SS,LBZ!
Quote:
lol i understand some guys are not after a performance wheel, in fact we also offer Low pressure cast wheels with in our brand and we have been offering this for the past 10 years it has been our core survival, we just recently decided to get into a deeper side of performance wheels and thats why we created the FS01/ Light weight Flow forged, strong and because are target cars are Porsche, Audi R8 and many european vehicles we also tested for VIA, JWL and TUV. just to give you a idea of where we believe this wheel will be priced at our Mustang M350 flowforged wheel in a 19x10/19x11 retails at 1499.99
Thank you keep up the good work! The FS01 and M350 are awesome wheels and I like the fact you are making them with the right offsets to match the car no spacers. This IMHO is crucial to a wheel that you spent the time to make sure was perfect. If the M350 wheels were not specifically designed for the ford fans I would be looking at those. Although the FS01 is definitely a Camaro wheel. I think for the money and quality of flow forged wheels I will be going with a FS01 or the 1LE wheel myself as soon as my first set of tires need to be replaced.

Last edited by drivingagain; 02-15-2016 at 03:31 PM.
drivingagain is offline   Reply With Quote