Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 10-05-2019, 05:34 AM   #43
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
I installed the dry on mine. I think the SC whine is a lilt louder at higher RPM's, but nothing that is very noticeable like some reviews claim.

I personally thought the install of the rubber hose ends was more difficult than other CAI's I've installed. It's not the easiest thing to do to get them lined up flush and tightened down. Other than that, the install was fine.

Performance wise, I personally didn't drive the car enough before I added the Rotofab to really get a benchmark. I also added a Soler TB at the time of install, so I'm not able to really say much about what it did or didn't add. in terms of performance.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #44
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
I also just added the Soler TB. Weather was nice today so I drove it with the windows down. I do have to admit when I go WOT with the windows down I can hear the whine a little bit louder now. A little bit. Not as much as I’d like still.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:28 AM   #45
SFV1LE

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue ZL1 1LE
Adding the RF CAI definitely increased the SC whine, there is no doubt about this. I couldn't really hear my SC much before, and now it screams and it's especially good when I punch it in a tunnel or driving close to a wall on either side like a freeway divider in the fast lane.
SFV1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 02:18 PM   #46
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFV1LE View Post
Adding the RF CAI definitely increased the SC whine, there is no doubt about this. I couldn't really hear my SC much before, and now it screams and it's especially good when I punch it in a tunnel or driving close to a wall on either side like a freeway divider in the fast lane.
This was my experience as well. I would normally drive with my windows down and it is definitely noticeable. It's not going to sound like a Hellcat SC, but still sounds good.

In addition to the sound the other thing I noticed is it seems like the car was able to get into boost quicker than with the stock airbox. This could just be my brain rationalizing the purchase, but I'm pretty sure it did
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #47
G37Sam

Drives: 2019 ZL1 6MT
Get the NX lid if you want more whine, absolutely love mine

https://youtu.be/AXY3pIT4xnU
Old 10-14-2019, 07:06 PM   #48
Z650HP

Drives: 2019 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by G37Sam View Post
Get the NX lid if you want more whine, absolutely love mine

https://youtu.be/AXY3pIT4xnU
Sounds great man. Still think my hellcat is a touch louder, however this is right on par.
So stupid how much it is though. Few hundred bucks I can see but a grand. Man.......
Z650HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 10:03 PM   #49
Oddspyke

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible
Does anyone else notice a "chuff" noise when rev matching or suddenly getting on the throttle? I can't tell if it's just the throttle body rapidly opening and hearing the sudden sucking air in or if something might be rubbing and I need to tighten up the zip ties. Convertible by the way, so I can hear a lot more intake noises in general.
Oddspyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:51 AM   #50
2ltrgsr
AXLERODZL1

Drives: 2019 Riverside blue ZL1 Camaro
NX lid is awesome... the sound is worth it!!!
103 TB
Lingenfelter Lower Pulley(9.17)
1 7/8 ARH headers and Exhaust
Meth injection(single nozzle)

733whp/788tq
2ltrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 AM   #51
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddspyke View Post
Does anyone else notice a "chuff" noise when rev matching or suddenly getting on the throttle? I can't tell if it's just the throttle body rapidly opening and hearing the sudden sucking air in or if something might be rubbing and I need to tighten up the zip ties. Convertible by the way, so I can hear a lot more intake noises in general.
Yes, that’s normal and it’s just the car taking a huge gulp of air. A very prominent sound with the CAI.
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:57 PM   #52
Oddspyke

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1 convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
Yes, that’s normal and it’s just the car taking a huge gulp of air. A very prominent sound with the CAI.
Thanks for confirming. All my cars prior to this have been small displacement turbos, so they never had that instantaneous air drawing in (gotta spool first). Definitely a new noise for me.
Oddspyke is offline   Reply With Quote