Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-12-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
ZL1 or ZLE is equivalent to 3LT Z51 trim on the vette plus 150 hp.
lmao what?
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:06 PM   #16
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
I wouldn't want the base w/1lt, I'd want atleast a 2lt with the c8 so I could keep hud and whatnot.

having said that, I'd pick that over the zl1
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 03:54 PM   #17
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
lmao what?
He means as far as options are concerned. The ZLE comes standard with heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, PDR, and other stuff. To get those on a Vette you'd have to step up to the 3LT. And the Z51 is the Vette's version of the 1LE. So if you get the ZLE then you get all those things as standard. To get the comparable Vette with those same things as standard you'd need to get the 3LT Z51.

At least that is how it was on the C7s. And although the PDR is standard on the C7 3LT, you might be able to option it in on the 2LT. I'm not sure. But talking standard equipment to standard equipment, the ZLE is the same as 3LT Z51 Vette but with an extra 195 HP.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:09 PM   #18
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
He means as far as options are concerned. The ZLE comes standard with heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, PDR, and other stuff. To get those on a Vette you'd have to step up to the 3LT. And the Z51 is the Vette's version of the 1LE. So if you get the ZLE then you get all those things as standard. To get the comparable Vette with those same things as standard you'd need to get the 3LT Z51.

At least that is how it was on the C7s. And although the PDR is standard on the C7 3LT, you might be able to option it in on the 2LT. I'm not sure. But talking standard equipment to standard equipment, the ZLE is the same as 3LT Z51 Vette but with an extra 195 HP.
That's weapons-grade stupidity.

The 3LT has a full leather dash,doors, center console... I mean these aren't even in the same league lmao

You can't even option that stuff on the Camaro, so really it's far more comparable to the 2LT but even still it's lacking a LOT in the quality department.

To put it differently, the base corvette starts at ~60K. A base Camaro that shares the same dash plastics and other interior materials with cars ALL THE WAY UP TO ~$70K starts in the ~$20'sK range.... even the base vette will have nicer materials and impression of quality than the Camaro... If you're just comparing features and not quality then God help you all and please go shop at Hyundai or Kia where that would be relevant.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:33 PM   #19
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
That's weapons-grade stupidity.

The 3LT has a full leather dash,doors, center console... I mean these aren't even in the same league lmao

You can't even option that stuff on the Camaro, so really it's far more comparable to the 2LT but even still it's lacking a LOT in the quality department.

To put it differently, the base corvette starts at ~60K. A base Camaro that shares the same dash plastics and other interior materials with cars ALL THE WAY UP TO ~$70K starts in the ~$20'sK range.... even the base vette will have nicer materials and impression of quality than the Camaro... If you're just comparing features and not quality then God help you all and please go shop at Hyundai or Kia where that would be relevant.
Are you kidding me dude? Seriously?

First of skippy, don't tell me to go shopping for a Hyundai or Kia. The cars I have make your car look like a Kia. So don't talk down to me.

Secondly, nobody is saying that the Camaro is the same as the Corvette. I have no idea how you even came to that conclusion. Let me explain it as simply as I can for you. Try to follow along.

The ZLE, comes standard, with several options including PDR, heated/seats, heated steering wheel, etc. Are you still with me? Ok. So, if you wanted a Corvette that had all those same options, then you would HAVE to get the 3LT with the Z51 package. Why? Because the 3LT Z51 is the only non-Z Vette that would have all the options that the ZLE comes standard with. The difference is that the ZLE has 655 HP and the 3LT Z51 would have 455 HP. That is the only thing he is saying. Nothing more. You obviously didn't understand that simple comment and I'm just trying to help you.

So if a person wanted to compare the cars as far as options are concerned, and you wanted options like the ZLE has, then your only choice would be a 3LT Z51 or stepping up to the Z06. Between the Z51 3LT and the ZLE, the best choice is the ZLE. The only Vette that most sane people would choose over a ZL1 or ZLE would be one of the Z06s or the ZR1 which of course would cost more money for either.

Did you get that?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #20
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
For me, since I track mine a lot: Have had the 17 SS 1LE for 33 months - maybe go soon to ZL1 1LE (A10) for a couple of years [keep SS 1LE]. By then, the new platform challenges will hopefully be over, and, if like what happened with the C6 & C7, widebody performance variants will be out / coming out. Whether or not any of the last statement comes true, if I don't like what I see, by then, the C7 ZR1 will probably have tanked in value like the C6 Z06 / ZR1 and C7 Z06. Wouldn't mind a C7 ZR1 as a track car for WAY less than MSRP.

None of this is using the thinking of what's the better daily driver - for me, it's all thinking about a play / track car. I would assume a C8 Z51, for example, would make a much better daily driver than a ZL1 1LE.
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote