Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2021, 02:29 PM   #43
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotboost6 View Post
Here is my story from the past two weeks dealing with my dealer (Not mentioning them so please don't ask).
You’re a nicer guy than me. Or most of us.

Any dealer that does that sh-t would get their name and the real names of every incompetent grease monkey buffoon who touched it plastered in every social media and local media I would have access to.

And on top of that get the absolute worst, scathing survey response I could give. The dealers and GM take those serious. They can be a handy tool to get back at the idiots and incompetent mf’ers.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:28 PM   #44
gotboost6

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Understand where you are coming from but I’ve learned you get further and better responses being calmer and more level headed than blowing up. Been dealing with this dealer for close to 20 years so I’m willing to give them the chance to do the right thing first. If everything doesn’t come out to my satisfaction then I will let them know how disappointed I am and let them know they will receive a negative review. I am getting two new rear tires for free out of this even though I have to deal with the wheel damage on a car with only5500 miles
gotboost6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #45
KILLA BEE
Black lightning

Drives: 2021 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz View Post
Just yesterday I had one of those follow up calls from the dealer. By the time I was done the little girl on the phone probably quit her job. I told her all my service work will be done at cadillac from now on. my wife has her cadillac go there and the service is outstanding. It can't compare to chevy.
Wow, I didn't no we could take our cars there
Old 04-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #46
len125

Drives: chevrolet camaro
sad to hear that mess

i really sympathize with all of you. I am very fortunate...I go to a Chevrolet dealer in Northern Delaware and have had no problems...very fortunate I guess...work ethic and character as a whole is just deteriotating all over the USA....
len125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #47
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA BEE View Post
Wow, I didn't no we could take our cars there
Our cars are Cadillac CTSs with Chevy bodies on them.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #48
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajs16400 View Post
Tell me, hoping they step up and replace the two panels. The last email i got from said bring it back and will have tje interior guy see of he can fix it. I told them they need to be replaced and waiting for a response. Got gm involved but was told.they can talk to the dealer but cannot make them do anything. Cant believe they caused a customer service issue like this all over $300 for the two panels.
gm is it's own worst enemy. They don't care because they can sell more in China.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:34 PM   #49
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
Our cars are Cadillac CTSs with Chevy bodies on them.

Yea, and most dealers these days will work on other brands. I could take my Camaro to the Honda, VW dealer if I wanted to for service but would rather use Chevy.

I'm thinking about taking it where I bought it for an oil change because it's 3 weeks until I can get an appointment with the chevy dealer.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:53 PM   #50
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

It really shouldn’t matter where you take your car to for standard fluid changes. In theory every person who touches a wrench for a living should change the oil in every car on the planet, from Yugo to Ferrari (with the exception of a Bugatti as those require full dismantling of the entire rear half of the body and rear self adjusting spoiler) with out problem or incident. It’s a simple matter of just looking up the type of oil and capacity which every mechanic can do. Honda techs should be able to change oil in a Camaro no problem. A Chevy tech should be able to change the oil in a Toyota no problem.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:17 PM   #51
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
It really shouldn’t matter where you take your car to for standard fluid changes. In theory every person who touches a wrench for a living should change the oil in every car on the planet, from Yugo to Ferrari (with the exception of a Bugatti as those require full dismantling of the entire rear half of the body and rear self adjusting spoiler) with out problem or incident. It’s a simple matter of just looking up the type of oil and capacity which every mechanic can do. Honda techs should be able to change oil in a Camaro no problem. A Chevy tech should be able to change the oil in a Toyota no problem.
Right. Im not even a qualified mechanic and Ive changed oil in every vehicle Ive ever owned or been responsible for. I even did an engine swap in a diesel leaf vac including exchanging the parasitic gear drives off the front of one engine to the other... with only minor help from a real mechanic.
I have been responsible for maintenance of all the equipment in a 10 mil waste water treatment plant with no experience. Lots of drives and bearings. Seals. All different lube specs and procedures. Its just an elaboration of basic skills. A bit of research. A few phone calls.
I think the guy above commenting on the deterioration of skills.. crappy attitudes... abusive pay schedules. Work ethics... whatever you want to call it. Hes got the right idea. People just dont care.
I couldnt imagine trashing a customers wheel and not taking responsibility for it. Or the OPs dash. Its disgusting.
Old 04-09-2021, 11:43 PM   #52
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Yeah, but German cars are stupid. Cartridge filters should be outlawed!
Old 04-09-2021, 11:55 PM   #53
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/M6/F250 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
gm is it's own worst enemy. They don't care because they can sell more in China.
Yea. I just read an article about how many great vehicles GM destroyed over the years. Great cars like Impala... GTO...Eldorado...Fleetwood.... By mostly taking a name that was great for a reason in the 60s and early 70s and trying to capitalize on the image they portrayed... while turning them into anonymous pieces of crap
Bean counters taking what enthusiasts had built and squandering that value trying to squeeze blood out of stone...They are about to do it again with the EVs... Cant just give them a new name... They will try to hitch on to legitimate cred by using Mustang or Camaro to make them sound exciting and sporty. Look at what they just did with the Blazer name.
Ford is equally guilty. Maybe they are finally about to come out with a true Bronco to compete with Wrangler... Maybe. Or maybe they are going to keep trying to sell this Bronco Sport mini econo SUV which competes instead with a hundred faceless uninspired eggs with all wheel drive.
Its as if Porsche comes out with an EV and calls it a 911.... 911E....
Im betting they wont.
Old 04-10-2021, 01:42 AM   #54
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Yea, and most dealers these days will work on other brands. I could take my Camaro to the Honda, VW dealer if I wanted to for service but would rather use Chevy.

I'm thinking about taking it where I bought it for an oil change because it's 3 weeks until I can get an appointment with the chevy dealer.
I made an appointment at the Chevy dealer to get the Takata airbag recall taken care of. I waited two weeks for the appointment and showed up about 17 minutes early. The service writer came out and wrote up the RO on it and said "We'll try to get to it by the end of the day but it may be tomorrow". I looked at that cockroach and told him "I think there must be a mistake as I made an appointment for the repair 2 weeks ago". He then stated the appointment was only to drop off the vehicle, not get it repaired then. So I told him unless he is comping a rental car I wouldn't be leaving the truck and walking home 6 miles. So I took my truck. I guess Chevy just lies to your face about getting you repair taken care of. This is exactly why they lose future sales.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:53 AM   #55
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Yea. I just read an article about how many great vehicles GM destroyed over the years. Great cars like Impala... GTO...Eldorado...Fleetwood.... By mostly taking a name that was great for a reason in the 60s and early 70s and trying to capitalize on the image they portrayed... while turning them into anonymous pieces of crap
Bean counters taking what enthusiasts had built and squandering that value trying to squeeze blood out of stone...They are about to do it again with the EVs... Cant just give them a new name... They will try to hitch on to legitimate cred by using Mustang or Camaro to make them sound exciting and sporty. Look at what they just did with the Blazer name.
Ford is equally guilty. Maybe they are finally about to come out with a true Bronco to compete with Wrangler... Maybe. Or maybe they are going to keep trying to sell this Bronco Sport mini econo SUV which competes instead with a hundred faceless uninspired eggs with all wheel drive.
Im betting they wont.
Well, this is their idea of business and profit maximization, short term thinking and money worship at its worst. Bean counters have driven many organizations into the ground, and seem to always find their way to the next one.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 07:59 AM   #56
NA18CamaroSS

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR's 2SS View Post
Im betting they wont.
https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/t...models/taycan/