Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2021, 12:01 PM   #1
zaimer

 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 863
Forgive me as I have sinned..

Well, I guess you can say that I'm not having the best day today. I saw my SS for what is most likely the last time. A car buyer from a dealership had contacted me with an offer that I would be a fool to refuse. I had the car for about nine months. I put some miles on, washed/detailed it probably a hundred times, and loved the ownership.. but I think "goodbye" was the best choice for my situation. I not only got every penny that I stuck into the car back, but I made a significant profit as well..this market is not going to last, so it is now or never.

Having said all of that, I do plan to stick around.. even though I'm not technically one in the "club" but I thoroughly enjoy this forum!
Attached Images
 
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #2
Camaro fanboy
 
Camaro fanboy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: SWEDEN
Posts: 217
not a bad idea.
wait a year or 2 then maybe get another one aye?
__________________
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #3
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Well, I guess you can say that I'm not having the best day today. I saw my SS for what is most likely the last time. A car buyer from a dealership had contacted me with an offer that I would be a fool to refuse. I had the car for about nine months. I put some miles on, washed/detailed it probably a hundred times, and loved the ownership.. but I think "goodbye" was the best choice for my situation. I not only got every penny that I stuck into the car back, but I made a significant profit as well..this market is not going to last, so it is now or never.

Having said all of that, I do plan to stick around.. even though I'm not technically one in the "club" but I thoroughly enjoy this forum!
Glad to hear you got a solid offer. You are correct on all fronts, if you plan to sell, now is the time. Maybe you can snag a deal on a clean ZL1 when values begin to normalize to pre covid times.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:34 PM   #4
CamaroSSStlfan

 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: FL
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Glad to hear you got a solid offer. You are correct on all fronts, if you plan to sell, now is the time. Maybe you can snag a deal on a clean ZL1 when values begin to normalize to pre covid times.

Was thinking the same. There are more Zl1s around me for sale than the SS.


Wait until later in summer and get a used ZL1. ZL1s don't move as fast off the lots as the v6 and Camaro SS models. They will be more tempted to clear them off when they don't sell.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:40 PM   #5
zaimer

 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro fanboy View Post
not a bad idea.
wait a year or 2 then maybe get another one aye?
Yeah, that was something I told myself to help nudge me in the right direction.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #6
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
Was thinking the same. There are more Zl1s around me for sale than the SS.


Wait until later in summer and get a used ZL1. ZL1s don't move as fast off the lots as the v6 and Camaro SS models. They will be more tempted to clear them off when they don't sell.
They had a clean one in the mid 40s at the dealer where I purchased my new 2020 LT1, god knows I wanted it, but those extra 16K+ would have made the Financials uncomfortable. Factor in 5 years of warranty on the LT1 vs 2 years on the ZL1, plus a higher interest rate on the used ZL1 vs a new LT1. No regrets, just wish I had been in a better situation to take advantage of that ZL1 opportunity.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #7
zaimer

 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Glad to hear you got a solid offer. You are correct on all fronts, if you plan to sell, now is the time. Maybe you can snag a deal on a clean ZL1 when values begin to normalize to pre covid times.
I mean these prices (so called values) are totally insane. There is no logic to buy many of the used vehicles right now, unless it is a no-other-choice circumstance.. which many of us with these toy/fun cars are not in. If I had purchased this car brand new (back in winter of '16) and sold today (like I did), you would've had the car for a few thousand dollars. That is CRAZY. The sales tax alone on this car (new) would be around $2,600.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:46 PM   #8
zaimer

 
zaimer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
They had a clean one in the mid 40s at the dealer where I purchased my new 2020 LT1, god knows I wanted it, but those extra 16K+ would have made the Financials uncomfortable. Factor in 5 years of warranty on the LT1 vs 2 years on the ZL1, plus a higher interest rate on the used ZL1 vs a new LT1. No regrets, just wish I had been in a better situation to take advantage of that ZL1 opportunity.
That sounds like you may have passed up a decent deal, but made the better choice. You can only justify a deal so far... especially if it is not agreeing with your financial limits.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:50 PM   #9
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
That sounds like you may have passed up a decent deal, but made the better choice. You can only justify a deal so far... especially if it is not agreeing with your financial limits.
Yea man, financing 29k new was much easier than financing 46k used.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 12:59 PM   #10
FarmerFran

 
FarmerFran's Avatar
 
Drives: Challenger 392
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,471
2 Words...

Wide Body

__________________
Challenger R/T 392 Scatpack Wide Body - Octane Red - TR6060

Gone but not forgotten - 2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible - Riverside Blue Metallic - TR6060 - NPP - Low Gloss Black 5-Spoke with Black Nuts
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:00 PM   #11
CamaroSSStlfan

 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: FL
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
They had a clean one in the mid 40s at the dealer where I purchased my new 2020 LT1, god knows I wanted it, but those extra 16K+ would have made the Financials uncomfortable. Factor in 5 years of warranty on the LT1 vs 2 years on the ZL1, plus a higher interest rate on the used ZL1 vs a new LT1. No regrets, just wish I had been in a better situation to take advantage of that ZL1 opportunity.

What year was this mid 40s zl1? That sounds SUPER LOW in price. How many miles? Did you see the carfax for accidents or other issues?


When a deal is that good there has to be an underlying factor.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:10 PM   #12
jamala00
 
jamala00's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Join Date: May 2020
Location: WI
Posts: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
2 Words...

Wide Body

Farmer you trying to recruit people now...

Sure has been a lot of threads of people selling or thinking about selling their car in this market.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:11 PM   #13
FarmerFran

 
FarmerFran's Avatar
 
Drives: Challenger 392
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
Farmer you trying to recruit people now...
Actually no not at all, not even a little. Everyone here knows I would still have that Camaro!

And technically it is 1 word Widebody
__________________
Challenger R/T 392 Scatpack Wide Body - Octane Red - TR6060

Gone but not forgotten - 2020 Camaro 2SS Convertible - Riverside Blue Metallic - TR6060 - NPP - Low Gloss Black 5-Spoke with Black Nuts
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 01:12 PM   #14
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
What year was this mid 40s zl1? That sounds SUPER LOW in price. How many miles? Did you see the carfax for accidents or other issues?


When a deal is that good there has to be an underlying factor.
This was March/April 2020, ALL vehicles prices at this point in time were low new and used. No one was buying cars at the beginning of the pandemic compared to any other time.The ZL1 was clean 2018 M6 12,000 miles. I didn't check the report but had no doubts it had a clean title. I didn't drive it because knowing myself, I would have bought it and struggled with payments for the duration of the loan.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.