Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-14-2019, 09:41 PM   #1
Goohead
Horsepower whisperer

Drives: Camaro
gen v main caps? And main cap orientation

do these main caps and engraving look like gen v main caps? When installed per either orientation, the tang end up on the same side, which leads me to believe these might not even be the right main caps at all... I want to make sure I was sold the correct main caps for this block and not a different set from a different engine (gen 4 ls, etc).

From looking online the engraving on the gen v main caps start with 35753 not 17353, can anyone look at their gen v main caps to confirm?

Also...trying to follow the service manual (pics below) shows the main caps with “<“ facing front of engine block and (front/timing components) 5,4,3,2,1 (back/flywheel)?

I was told the instructions are wrong and the is reversed (front/timing components) 1,2,3,4,5 (back/flywheel). Can anyone confirm, I saw this orientation in pics online as well, maybe the service manual is just poorly written...

Pics order:
My main cap engraving...
service manual instructions pointing to #1 by the flywheel...
How tangs end up on the same side when installed...
other online pics showing 35753 engraving, and orientation...
Attached Images

Goohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #2
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
#1 goes at the front, timimg cover, end of the motor. Tangs are supposed to be on the same side. I'm sure you have the correct caps although the numbers are different than mine. My no. 5 is stamped 30553 291, 3 is 30553 071, 2 is 30553 091. Can't read the others, I'm going by pics from my build, not the actual parts
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote