Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

AWE Tuning

Old 04-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #1
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Programs in head unit not working

Just got my car a few hours ago.

At dealership, I could change the light strip, now it keeps telling me that I "can't change the light strip in this setting"

Nav isn't working. The GPS symbol has a big red "X" over it, and the car seems to think it's in Michigan. When I push the "current location", it doesn't relocate to NC where I'm at.

Apple carplay is on the menu, but Android Auto isn't. Does this mean they didn't upload it like they were supposed to?

My Zune mp3 player shows that it's charging when plugged into USB, but it doesn't show up on the radio. And when I've got android auto up on my phone, it tells me to connect the phone to a car, but the phone IS plugged into a USB port.

Any ideas anyone?
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
Lickwid Apex
OD

Drives: '18 Challenger R/T
Send a message via Yahoo to Lickwid Apex
Take it back and request that they fix the Nav issues. As for your light strip, I know that you can't change the color if you have it set to "Link to drive mode". It also sounds like your Mylink hasn't been updated to include Android Auto.

This does sound like its going to take a return trip to the dealer.
Lickwid Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
When its has the The GPS symbol has a big red "X" it means the HMI is not connected to the GPS signal, that can be the antenna is not connected or a bad HMI, P.S the HMI is where you "Android Auto: & " Apple carplay" programs are stored and run from.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #4
Lucely Engineered

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicrockr View Post
Just got my car a few hours ago.

At dealership, I could change the light strip, now it keeps telling me that I "can't change the light strip in this setting"

Are you in the link to driving mode option?

Nav isn't working. The GPS symbol has a big red "X" over it, and the car seems to think it's in Michigan. When I push the "current location", it doesn't relocate to NC where I'm at.

Did you set up your onstar account at the dealer?

Apple carplay is on the menu, but Android Auto isn't. Does this mean they didn't upload it like they were supposed to?

For android auto to show up you must have your phone plugged in, and you must have the software on your phone and in the car. Also make sure your USB settings are set correctly on your phone.

My Zune mp3 player shows that it's charging when plugged into USB, but it doesn't show up on the radio. And when I've got android auto up on my phone, it tells me to connect the phone to a car, but the phone IS plugged into a USB port.

I don't have a Zune, but for my external HD normally if i hit the media button it goes right to the HDD.

Under the phones drop down menu, does it have a usb options tab? I have to change mine every time i get into the car so that is shares infor and doesnt only charge.

Any ideas anyone?
See above for suggestions

EDIT: On my phone when i plug it it, i swipe the top menu down and its says "Connected for Charging, tap for other USB options" Then i change it to "Connecting MIDI devices."
Old 05-06-2016, 11:08 AM   #5
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Didn't know about the phone's "usb settings". But I did find out that the wiring harness that connects to the Human Interface Module was broken & not connected. Dealership should have the replacement harness today or Monday, then all should be well with the Nav system.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote