Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #71
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Yes with all the work I've done it is all greatly pretty easy and it's been mostly a pleasure to work on. There's some things that are a pain but not too much. I don't like dropping the fuel tank but on a lift it isn't too bad.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 02:24 PM   #72
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
So just down to the rear and a few little odds and ends. Will be ordering HP tuners shortly so GPI can hook me up with a good remote tune. Shouldnt be too much longer. Heres to hoping this virus crap goes away lol
IDK if you have worked with Ryan before on remote tuning, but I recently did. That man is amazing and made it such a painless experience. Revision after revision he had no complaints about my frequent questions and requests and was super quick to send info/answers and tune updates. The car runs amazing, the shifts are incredible, and the power up top feels endless. I was very nervous about a remote tune after a cam swap, especially without a wideband. But he quickly put me at ease and his knowledge of the platform definitely shows in how the car runs now. I will never deal with anyone else when it comes to tuning.

Good luck man, your build looks so sick.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:17 PM   #73
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
IDK if you have worked with Ryan before on remote tuning, but I recently did. That man is amazing and made it such a painless experience. Revision after revision he had no complaints about my frequent questions and requests and was super quick to send info/answers and tune updates. The car runs amazing, the shifts are incredible, and the power up top feels endless. I was very nervous about a remote tune after a cam swap, especially without a wideband. But he quickly put me at ease and his knowledge of the platform definitely shows in how the car runs now. I will never deal with anyone else when it comes to tuning.

Good luck man, your build looks so sick.
Love hearing this and I dont doubt it one bit. Those guys at GPI have helped me through the build and have been nothing but awesome the entire time! Cant wait to get tuned
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #74
gunchamp

One more thing to add and this is a life saver for this platform. Many have struggled to get the air purged out of the cooling system after doing work. I had mine completely drained. One of my techs have the tool from snap on and he told me this thing is amazing and works every time. I used it tonight and it seemed to work wonderfully. Obviously once I start and drive, I'll know for sure. Heres some pics and how it works
Old 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM   #75
gunchamp

Old 03-31-2020, 08:21 PM   #76
gunchamp

So the main unit gets installed on the rad fill neck. It comes with various sizes to fit many different setups. Once installed you tighten it down.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:22 PM   #77
gunchamp

The line on the right will go into a 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze. The line on the left is over flow and will go into and empty jug. Then on the back side, you hook an air line from your compressor into the port
Old 03-31-2020, 08:23 PM   #78
gunchamp

Old 03-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #79
gunchamp

There is a lever on the right that will be closed. Then there is a button at the air line end. Once air is hooked up, youll press this button and it will pull all the air out and youll run it until you see 25 on the vac gauge. Its crazy because all your lines suck flat lol

image hosting websites
Old 03-31-2020, 08:27 PM   #80
gunchamp

Once 25 is reached, you slowly open the valve on the right suction line thats in the 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze. It then forces all the antifreeze into the system and there is zero chance of air being present. Works pretty damn slick and seems to be a great answer to getting the cooling system purged!
Old 03-31-2020, 09:10 PM   #81
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I've drained the system twice and haven't had an issue refilling. What i did was as soon as the radiator was back in and hooked up i just started filling as i worked on the car, every 20 minutes or when i could I'd fill it again so it gets about a day of filling. Then ran it with no cap until the tstat opened, it would burps some coolant out then the level would go down, refill it cap it, done.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 06:37 AM   #82
gunchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I've drained the system twice and haven't had an issue refilling. What i did was as soon as the radiator was back in and hooked up i just started filling as i worked on the car, every 20 minutes or when i could I'd fill it again so it gets about a day of filling. Then ran it with no cap until the tstat opened, it would burps some coolant out then the level would go down, refill it cap it, done.
Good idea
Old 04-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #83
gunchamp

So the day has finally arrived. My first tune is loaded and i started her up. Wow that cam is stout. The exhaust is insane and will probably force me to do something with it lol. Its ridiculously loud!! Everything seems good, but need to drive it and data log before going wot. Actually snowing here now off and on so wont be out tonight with it. Freakin excited though!
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
Old 04-21-2020, 07:25 PM   #84
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Very interested to hear how it feels on the road. Great build, good job.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote