Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-14-2020, 07:40 AM   #29
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
I'm confused, it mentions this,

"Features include an Eaton TVS R1740 rotor assembly with an integrated air-to-water intercooler core and front-mount heat exchanger for low inlet air temperature and increased power potential. The Edelbrock supercharger for the Gen 2 HFV6-powered Camaro is designed to fit under the stock hood with no cutting or modifications and is backed by our industry-leading 3-year/36,000-mile powertrain warranty when applicable..."

It says there wont be any cutting though? Does that mean it can be taken off or is it just saying it wont tear up the engine too badly?
It’s saying the entire system fits in the engine bay without needing to cut the hood. It’s a top mount system and it replaces your intake manifold and it bolts on top of the engine
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:49 AM   #30
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
It’s saying the entire system fits in the engine bay without needing to cut the hood. It’s a top mount system and it replaces your intake manifold and it bolts on top of the engine
How much of a difference have you noticed with the supercharger?
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:56 AM   #31
Chris V

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
A supercharger will cost more than the trade-in towards an SS.

My SS1LE is pretty wildly modified. If I knew I was going this route in the beginning, I would have just started with a ZL1 1LE.

2017 1SS 1LE - 663 whp/623 wtq
Rotofab/Whipple/Kooks 2"/LT5 TB/LT4 Fueling/E85/MCS Coilovers/Ground Control/GOODAero/Apex Wheels/Race Louvers
Chris V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 02:23 PM   #32
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
How much of a difference have you noticed with the supercharger?
Definitely a difference but if I had to do it all over again I’d just spend the extra money to get the Overkill system. Buying the eforce kit wound up being an unpleasant experience in the beginning and I have a buddy with the same kit that dyno’d before and after. He doesn’t want me releasing specific numbers until he does another dyno but let’s say it added significantly less than advertised.
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:14 PM   #33
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
With the V6 forced induction and bolt on can probably get you about 100+ HP. But still won't be making the V8 Tq.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote