Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Phastek Performance

Old 09-04-2023, 02:35 PM   #127
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
Transmission output flange nut

A follow up to post #118
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...&postcount=118

Previously: the trans flange nut backed off because it was not staked. I got a new nut, torqued to 77 lb-ft and staked the nut. The new nut came with GM threadlocker in the threads. I did not add more.

Currently: I was doing maintenance and noticed that the front prop shaft coupler had some small tears in the thinner sections. I had a replacement. After removal, I noticed that the flange nut was backing off. I could tell because the staked portion was climbing out of its pocket.

This time, I'll add red loctite 271 when it goes together and let it cure. Hopefully this will do it
Attached Images

Old 10-10-2023, 05:31 PM   #128
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
My son and I just completed BBORR, we had an absolute blast!

About halfway on the second leg the car started shaking pretty badly, it lost power and gave several messages on the DIC. Mostly to do with the differential. He throttled back, downshifted and increased the throttle and the car recovered.........mostly. He drove it in, at speed, and we finished without dropping below minimum speed. Good job.

The passenger rear sway bar bracket failed. It appears to be a stress crack, part is shiny and part is rusty. The other side is cracked more than halfway through.

Supposition from here on:
The bushings are a little thick and the bracket was under quite a bit of stress. The washer/spacer idea is spot on. I suspect that the brackets broke on the end that was tightened second because that end would be out of position and "pulled" tight.

Fortunately there was no angst and I called BMR and got new brackets/bushings headed this way.

A thread on the "washer" mod
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=617405
Attached Images