Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-14-2020, 03:51 PM   #15
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
Yeah I watched that video. Interesting points. One thing I can tell you is that with the way this ecu works you won't see that high of boost. It's pretty much a monolithic control system and there isn't what you would call a separate boost table. Which is kind of neat in a way, even the ecu is fly by wire. You do move the demand torque up and the ecu basically provides the magic wand for calling any reserve boost for use at sea level and takes care of the AFR automatically, but you do have to calibrate the MAF carefully and there are a couple of steps to do that properly. It's that easy. There are some tweaks to improve throttle response and pr. But unless ur trying to eff it up it's pretty self sufficient. I would not say fool proof but close. If your getting in to springs and gates not ecu controlled then that's risky behavior probably like the mustang eco. But I don't know that system at all. Makes me feel even better about opening up the exhaust cam angle a bit.

NFG M6 2T
Mishimoto Hot side pie | ZZP Catted DP | KN Drop in | Borla - Sport Tour | Apex Arc 8 - square | Wookster Tuning+ | Flex Fuel

Last PB
4.8, 13.2@106
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote