Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-01-2019, 06:11 PM   #1
blackbee

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2ss
GM approved to Repurchase or Replacement my 2018 camaro 2ss

Hey guys, just got a call from GM, said they approved to replace a vehicle or replacement. I don't know what to choose.

For replacing a new vehicle, they said they will get a comparable vehicle like the one I have. but my question is my car MSRP is 51k. But I got a BIG DISCOUNT when I purchased it. so will they do the same MSRP replacement or the deal I got when I signed the contract?

OR I JUST LET THEM BUY MY VECHLIE BACK ????
blackbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
why what is wrong with your car? and do you want another camaro or something else? up to you man
Old 10-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #3
blackbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
why what is wrong with your car? and do you want another camaro or something else? up to you man
My headliner is falling after 600 miles. and sent back to repair. but they did a very shitty job. everything has to be redone. and lots of other stuff
Old 10-01-2019, 06:28 PM   #4
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
If you can, take the money and run. I have been through two repurchase situations, and it’s no fun - even if you get everything you’re asking for. If you get another GM car, you’ll spend all your time wondering what will go wrong with the replacement vehicle. Life’s too short to put yourself through that.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #5
blackbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50MileSmile View Post
If you can, take the money and run. I have been through two repurchase situations, and it’s no fun - even if you get everything you’re asking for. If you get another GM car, you’ll spend all your time wondering what will go wrong with the replacement vehicle. Life’s too short to put yourself through that.
Is that take a very long time? I haven't made the decision yet. IF I do the replacement, I probable will get a 2020 Camaro( is 2020 still have lots of issues?)
Old 10-01-2019, 06:32 PM   #6
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol my headliner is falling also but not gonna hit up gm to give me a new car must be alot more severe stuff
Old 10-01-2019, 07:03 PM   #7
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
my headliner too and the wheels are bubbling/fading (the service manager at Novato Chevy told me they would not replace the wheels)

not to mention the transmission shutter

plus someone recent hit my car and the entire passenger side needed to be replaced (20k miles)

can I please have a 2020 10-speed?

Mods:
XPEL - Hood, Bumper, Headlights, & Side Mirrors
JWM - Side Markers
ZL1 Addons - Deluxe Rock Guards & Red Lift Pads
GM - Dark Tail Lamps
MRR - Gloss Black M017s
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:09 PM   #8
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Is that take a very long time? I haven't made the decision yet. IF I do the replacement, I probable will get a 2020 Camaro( is 2020 still have lots of issues?)
In one case, my month-old car was such a mess after his service department tried to complete warranty repairs on it (and hit a lift) that the owner of the dealership called me that day and offered to replace it or buy it back - plus repay all my insurance and loan costs.

In the other case, which I can’t talk about much because of the final agreement, it took about 6 months - but the manufacturer agreed that the car was dangerous to drive, took it back and reimbursed all my costs. The dealer begged me to buy another car from him at his cost, but I went elsewhere for my peace of mind. Several years later - and because the situation was just so odd - I would consider buying a car from this manufacturer again.

Are you doing a Lemon Law deal? Manufacturers and dealers don’t like that because the car gets a branded title and becomes pretty tough to sell. Or are they just offering to take the car back?

It’s a little difficult to make a judgement on your situation because upholstery problems usually don’t lead to a buyback, so you must have a laundry list of serious and/or repetitive problems. Maybe you can share and maybe you can’t, both of which I understand. Just don’t treat this like winning the lottery - it’s a business deal that for the manufacturer falls under “customer satisfaction,” so play fair and move on. Getting a comparable new car is a great deal - but the manufacturer won’t pay MSRP either. For the record (and as you have discovered), bad cars happen - but I have had absolutely no problems with my 2018 1LE.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #9
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
When I decided to get rid of my 16 SS due to the A8 transmission shudder, I looked at a lot of different possibilities. I ended up buying another SS with a manual.

If performance is your priority, the SS is the best value on the market. It is a complete package that does everything well.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Take the vehicle replacement and be happy you got the offer from GM that is if you want a Camaro. If not, get the money from the buyback and buy something else.��
Old 10-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #11
blackbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Take the vehicle replacement and be happy you got the offer from GM that is if you want a Camaro. If not, get the money from the buyback and buy something else.��
I would like a Camaro! But my concern is the similar vehicle is based on MY MSRP or Purchase price. if its purchase price, I probably wouldnt accept it
Old 10-01-2019, 07:58 PM   #12
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Similar means you get the same trim level and similar options... there are so many options it probably can't be exact, but would be a 2SS for sure.

I love my Camaro, haven't had an issue and haven't heard of too many major issues with the car in general besides the A8 shudder... if I were you I'd get another one unless you're looking at something else... like a 2020 Vette. But that's riskier, it's a 1st year car and there are none currently available.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM   #13
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
blackbee, I wouldn’t tell them that you got a big discount on yours and see what they will offer you with a comparable Camaro to yours! It seems to me that your 2018 was a nice Camaro with some options at $51,000 and if they will replace yours with one with the same options, why wouldn’t you take it? Good luck!
Old 10-01-2019, 08:13 PM   #14
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
My headliner is falling after 600 miles. and sent back to repair. but they did a very shitty job. everything has to be redone. and lots of other stuff
GM's replacing your car over a headliner????

What's the BIG issue that caused this?

A hundred headliner replacements might come close to the value of the car.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote