Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Phastek Performance

Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #15
Klayman

Drives: 2017 2SS A8 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
It's a shame these kind of light mods can't be driven around in without asking for a ticket. They do look cool. Just doubt i'd ever get much use out of them.
In NC anything blue, or close to blue up front on the car is ticket worthy, but it is a fix-it ticket....don't think there are any fees as long as you get a state trooper to look at your car after the "fix" and sign off on it....the way the states are now, there may be a fee....
Old 08-15-2017, 06:07 PM   #16
KelvinnDC

Drives: 2016 V6 Summit White/Adrenaline Red
Anyone know of any good shops in the DMV that can install these?
KelvinnDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:14 PM   #17
51FIFFT

Drives: 2017 2SS M6 FIFTY @51fifft
I have the same kit, I did the install and its not hard but very tedious and time consuming.
you don't bake them until after the install and to seal the light back up. I agree the hardest part was the wires and placing the BT boxes. I made mine sets so I can control each light individually, I can also run them with the car off for shows. I run mine amber on the streets. RGV Pro lighting sold out and to my knowledge is no longer doing car lights.

I have a buddy that is working on building kits to market. Hit me up on Insta to see my lights and or keep in touch for upcoming light kits. @51fifft. Lights look good BTW
Old 03-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #18
red_johnny

Drives: 2016 Gray 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbm6gto View Post
I have the same kit, I did the install and its not hard but very tedious and time consuming.
you don't bake them until after the install and to seal the light back up. I agree the hardest part was the wires and placing the BT boxes. I made mine sets so I can control each light individually, I can also run them with the car off for shows. I run mine amber on the streets. RGV Pro lighting sold out and to my knowledge is no longer doing car lights.

I have a buddy that is working on building kits to market. Hit me up on Insta to see my lights and or keep in touch for upcoming light kits. @51fifft. Lights look good BTW
Actually I emailed RGV lighting just a few weeks ago and they put the Camaro kit back on the site. They are still selling them.
red_johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:56 AM   #19
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
I'm really interested in this. Does anyone have anymore info? Pictures of how the housings close up after they've been sealed? I want something professional, and it look near factory, and not like o did it myself lol.
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #20
red_johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I'm really interested in this. Does anyone have anymore info? Pictures of how the housings close up after they've been sealed? I want something professional, and it look near factory, and not like o did it myself lol.
There are a couple of videos on YouTube but it looks like the best method is cutting the lens off, do the install then glue/RTV it back on. Sucks that you have to cut it open but I found no information that baking works on these.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #21
Oramac2016

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booher View Post
I also did the install myself. It will look as good as it can look to say its been cut. It really doesn’t look bad at all. Ill see if i can get some pictures for you.My rgbw drl and fogs also have switchback blinker function. I have a couple sets also shoot me a pm if interested.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:37 PM   #22
Spyder2ss17

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro 2ss
Hi I have a 2017 camaro 2ss an am very interested in this is there any good places that will do the installation /reseal the headlights if I take them off an send them out? I also have gotten switchback leds for the blinkers from dyiode dynamics but am not sure how to get them to hook up so they stay on white while the blinkers off an then turn back to amber when the turn signal in on. Any info would really help thanks.
Spyder2ss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:37 AM   #23
red_johnny

RGV lighting. I got mine from a member who had them done there. Its expensive.