Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-13-2019, 10:55 PM   #1
714camaro

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
C7 supercharger on LT1 block

Hey guys, I’m new here so sorry if these are dumb questions, lol. I have a 2016 Camaro ss and my buddy is selling his lt4 supercharger off of his c7 which includes the throttle body. I’m aware that I’ll need adaptor plates to make it fit, as well as a snout adaptor due to the c7’s being a bit longer.

What parts or components will i need in order to make this swap necessary? The reason I’m going which this supercharger is because he’s giving me great deal on it and i don’t want to have to spend a fortune on a “conversion kit”. Thanks guys(:
714camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
714camaro

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
In order to make this swap possible* my bad
714camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #3
Drsagacity

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Nightfall Gray vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 714camaro View Post
In order to make this swap possible* my bad
It's not as easy as you would think to swap out the snout. It should be technically possible, but it would be easier just to get the right blower. I have an LT4 blower sitting in my office right now ready to be installed on the Vette. I bought a new blower off a Camaro and it doesn't work because the pulley alignment is shorter (The Camaro LT4 blower has an upper pulley that sticks out too far. You can't use spacers to get the lower pulleys lined up because there isn't enough room. I think it was the steering column or something (let's say you would need an extra inch...can't do it.

So, you are stuck getting the upper supercharger pulley pulled back to allow the alignment to work.

It's been a bit since I went through the entire ordeal. . .and it really depends on if you have the wet sump or dry sump setup. If you PM me, I can send you pictures or point you to some other threads where you can get all of the details. On my setup, I ended up paying to get a ported blower and they changed the snout to make it work.

2018 Corvette Z06 vert- Black
To be tuned by JRE Racing
TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 10-14-2019 at 09:48 PM.
Drsagacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #4
Drsagacity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsagacity View Post
I don't think you can swap the snout. It should be technically possible, but it would be easier just to get the right blower. I have an LT4 blower sitting in my office right now ready to be installed on the Vette. I bought a new blower off a Camaro and it doesn't work because the pulley alignment is shorter. There isn't enough room to get the lower pulleys to line up.

It's been a bit since I went through the entire ordeal. . .and it really depends on if you have the wet sump or dry sump setup. If you PM me, I can send you pictures or point you to some other threads where you can get all of the details. On my setup, I ended up paying to get a ported blower and they changed the snout to make it work.
I just went back to look at it. If you have the base stingray then the Camaro LT4 blower won't work. The pulley sticks out too far. There were two options I had considered:

1. Getting a custom pulley made than would essentially bolt on and slide back over the snout bringing the pulley into the right alignment with the lower pulleys. You can't bring the lower pulleys out because there isn't enough room. In checking to get this done, I didn't find anything that would really work without also fabricating or cutting into the blower. Not saying it can't be done...but definitely not worth the effort.

2. On the older blowers, the snout can be swapped. The problem is that GM doesn't sell the part by itself. To fix the problem, I sent my blower off to have it ported and as part of the port, he swapped the snout on my blower with another blower he had sitting on the shelf. I guess he was selling them for the same price Camaro or Vette. Technically, I did exactly what you are saying. I have a new Camaro LT4 blower going on my Stingray.

I can connect you with the person that fixed it for me if you would like to try and talk to him before you make a decision.

Here is a picture of the difference. Look at the pulley location on each of these blowers. The LT4 blower from the Camaro sticks out about an inch past the snout on the Corvette.

Name:  two blowers compared.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  156.1 KB

TBD performance

Last edited by Drsagacity; 10-14-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:14 AM   #5
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
As far as I understand the OP is trying to fit an OEM C7 (Z06 / LT4) blower onto his 2SS.
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
SpaceCadet

Drives: '99 Vette, '02 SVT Focus
There are pulleys available that compensate for the difference going from Corvette to the Camaro belt line.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:26 PM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Yes it will work with the right off set for the pulley and a few other things. I would contact ADM performance being they specialize in OEM blower swaps.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:38 PM   #8
Drsagacity

My bad. I totally misread. Yeah, so the picture I posted shows the corvette offset on on blower and the Camaro offset on the other. The Camaro sticks out about an inch further. So, if you had the Corvette blower with the short nose there might be an option to get a pulley or spacer to take it out further and get on the Camaro belt line. That would definitely make sense and should be much easier unfortunately I can’t answer for sure.

You could do something like I did. Pay for a porter blower and ask if they will swap the nose as part of the job.

TBD performance

Tags
camaross, corvette, forced induction, lt4 supercharger, supercharger kit