#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 12-18-2018, 07:55 PM   #1
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Drives: 2018 LS V6 1LE; E350 wagon; Model3
Extreme Speed, Streets of Willow, this Saturday

I am running a track day this Saturday, December 22, with Extreme Speed Track Events at the Streets of Willow course. For just $129 you get timing equipment and some instruction. Seems like a good deal. Conditions should be great: forecast is a high of 62 and a low of 38.

Has anybody run with Extreme Speed before? I suspect there is some relationship between Extreme Speed and the Danny McKeever Fast Lane Racing School.
Roostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
lol yea i used to run with them all the time not a fan too many cars on track and alot of inexpereienced drivers and crashes i stay away from them not and streets is fun but for a ss or zl1 i think its too tight but your car will do great!
Old 12-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #3
hzycamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Hi Roostie, I'll also join this event with my friends. I remember you are faster than me at Buttonwillow so I think you'll definitely faster than me at Streets of Willow. See you there! My car is white.

I've never run with Extreme Speed but it seems they don't have a positive review on Yelp. Besides, I don't know why they don't allow blue tape car number
hzycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:20 PM   #4
Roostie
all it takes is cash

Good to see you at Streets, hzycamaro. You have good taste - white Camaro with black Apex wheels!

Extreme Speed was good, I'd run with them again. I saw some ragged driving - plenty of spinouts by Lemons-style E30 Bimmers. However, in the advanced group I ran in, the drivers were good and predictable. And the price is right.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
hzycamaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roostie View Post
Good to see you at Streets, hzycamaro. You have good taste - white Camaro with black Apex wheels!

Extreme Speed was good, I'd run with them again. I saw some ragged driving - plenty of spinouts by Lemons-style E30 Bimmers. However, in the advanced group I ran in, the drivers were good and predictable. And the price is right.
Thanks. Nice talking to you. I knew you are gonna be fast but I never expected you to be so much faster than me. You are such a good driver and I hope to be able to ride along with you in future.

The intermediate group and beginner groups are no so good. My friends have been complaining how people won't let him pass as he was in a Miata. Besides, some of the low and high intermediate drivers are too slow (1:40:X). I'm not sure it's just for this time or always like this.

My car has too much body roll. Yesterday I installed 1LE rear sway bar and I can clearly feel it's much stiffer and reduces a lot of body roll. I'll see how much it can improve handling on track.

Hope to see you in other track events!
hzycamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #6
Roostie
all it takes is cash

I'm interested to hear how the rear bar affects handling balance. The rear axle may "rotate" more, which can be good if you manage it.

I'd be happy to give you a ride, you'll see why I grind my tires down quicker than most. But I suppose 9 autocrosses and 2 track days isn't bad. See you around soon I hope.