Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS

Old 04-07-2021, 09:09 PM   #57
The Maverick

Drives: 2021 3LT RS replacing a 2016 1LT RS
The R&T article was updated to add a statement from Chevrolet:

In a statement, Chevrolet told Road & Track it's retiring the lesser 1LE models to "produce more in-demand models like the LT1," which the company claims now represents nearly 25 percent of all Camaro sales.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...t-camaro-2022/
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:17 AM   #58
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
at least theyve found something they can sell.it is a shame about the lesser 1LE packages though.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:34 AM   #59
CHerna

Drives: Ordered: 2021 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
The R&T article was updated to add a statement from Chevrolet:

In a statement, Chevrolet told Road & Track it's retiring the lesser 1LE models to "produce more in-demand models like the LT1," which the company claims now represents nearly 25 percent of all Camaro sales.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...t-camaro-2022/

That's good news. I'm glad the LT1 is taking off.
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:30 AM   #60
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
I’m sure it was dropped because it didn’t sell. Nobody is racing them with a V-8’s let alone racing four-cylinder and six cylinders. Very very few people actually buy a car and race it around corners. Dodge did a survey when they were going to build some track car I don’t remember the exact number but it was near 90% people have no interest in riding around in circles anymore.
For Dodge's fan base in particular, that would make sense. I think the last time ChryCo showed much interest in supporting the kinds of racing where the corners were important was back on the days of the AAR 'Cuda and Richard Petty's #43.

Norm
Old 04-08-2021, 08:44 AM   #61
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHerna View Post
That's good news. I'm glad the LT1 is taking off.
But is the 1LE package available on the LT1?

What I've seen is that the 1LE is available on SS and ZL1, so is omission of LT1 accidental or intentional? Seems to me that an LT1/1LE would be the NA way to package a car that's expected to see track time.

Norm
Old 04-08-2021, 08:49 AM   #62
GearheadSS

Drives: 15 SS 1LE/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post

What I've seen is that the 1LE is available on SS and ZL1, so is omission of LT1 accidental or intentional? Seems to me that an LT1/1LE would be the NA way to package a car that's expected to see track time.

Norm
It has been said in the past that a LT1 1LE makes absolutely no sense. What are you going to put on that package? SS brakes, cooling and wheels? Then you have a 1SS. Can't put SS 1LE package on it because then you have the SS 1LE. Makes zero sense.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #63
Heat Magnet

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:

Norm
I think in the name of keeping the LT1 a "affordable V8" car, they might not put the 1LE package on it. The 1LE package costs about 20% of the actual MSRP so it would kind of defeat the purpose of what the LT1 is supposed to be. For $7,000+, someone down the road could make an LT1 track-capable more effectively than the 1LE package could. Besides, most people who buy an LT1 use it for daily driving so it wouldn't make sense to have an LT1 1LE for the dozen people that want it.
  2. 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS Coupe
    Black, Redline Edition, 1LE Suspension Package, 10L80 transmission, NPP (fuse pull), Body color high wing spoiler, Ground effects kit
Heat Magnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #64
Malbjey

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by foshjowler View Post
If I had known that only a few months later the market would go haywire, and I could lease an LT1 for less than I'm paying on the 2.0T, then I would have waited and gotten that. The 2.0T is/was the practical choice, but I'm not immune to childish desires. V8 go brrrr lol. At this point, I'd lose too much on the 2.0T on a trade that it's just not worth it. I could have gotten a used SS within my 30k budget, but I have a rule that if I can't afford the car new, then I can't afford the maintenance on it used, and I wasn't willing to spend 40k on a car. It just seems like too much money for what is essentially a toy.

Ugh this is literally me. I got my car in Feb 2019. Had I know Chevy was going to release the LT1 model later in the year I would have waited and continued saving $$$.

Ah well. Still love my car as a fun toy, but I'm probably gonna move to something more practical within a year. I thought I could deal with the tiny trunk opening and abysmal backseat space, but I don't want to deal with it anymore.

Going to be looking hard at the low to mid 40K range for 4 door sports sedans (Cadillac CT 4-V, Kia Stinger, etc).
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:23 PM   #65
NeverDie

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
For Dodge's fan base in particular, that would make sense. I think the last time ChryCo showed much interest in supporting the kinds of racing where the corners were important was back on the days of the AAR 'Cuda and Richard Petty's #43.

Norm
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Viper_GTS-R
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #66
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Define “lots of guys”. That’s what the survey said racing straight line or racing in circles. If it triggered you. that’s your problem. If you enjoy racing a car in circles what do you care what anybody thinks. You sound like you know it’s a dead sport and you’re clinging on. Like the manual transmission. “ lots of guys” Only on the forums in real life not so much.
Triggered. Lmao
I guess you’ve never shown up at a track day or auto cross event. They are usually sold out or packed. So yeah, lots of guys doing it. I had a track day last Friday. I like drag racing as well. Do that in my 1LE as often as I can. . But hey, you read a survey so I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:10 PM   #67
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
I struggled with whether to get a v6 1le vs ss for a while. I eventually got a ss 1le and now understand the slow car fast aspect better. I'm just an average intermediate driver, but at a track event, i find i get fewer laps to myself vs my old bmw 128i. i'm overtaking cars so often there's less opportunity to improve my skills and focus on extracting performance. I'm glad i got the v8, but i know i wouldn't have been disappointed with the v6.

Last edited by Hops; 04-09-2021 at 01:41 PM.
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:34 PM   #68
zaimer

Drives: 2SS M6 Bright Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
It has been said in the past that a LT1 1LE makes absolutely no sense. What are you going to put on that package? SS brakes, cooling and wheels? Then you have a 1SS. Can't put SS 1LE package on it because then you have the SS 1LE. Makes zero sense.
I agree. Then you would really have the confusion between trims. Also, there other factor that makes the LT1 so attractive to many (other than its a no frills V8 car) is the low price point. If you add all of these mechanicals upgrades, the low price point would be unattainable.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #69
s346k

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomcustom View Post
But hey, you read a survey so I bow to your superior knowledge on the subject.
zing

save the manual transmission.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM   #70
3.8TransAM

Drives: 91 GTA,91 Formula,89 Turbo Trans AM
I'm still baffled by folks buying the LT1 trim when most are spec'ed out where just getting the 1SS is a far better value. But, to each his own.
3.8TransAM is offline   Reply With Quote