Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS

Old 12-27-2017, 08:00 AM   #15
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
you guys need to do videos of these installs...lol
Lol I was thinking about it but was to much into the install.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 03:53 PM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
Only talking .125 (1/8) difference between 1.875 (1 7/8) and 2inch .. for xmas I got 2inch kooks .. so I will see how they fit soon.
Well when you see how tight it is say it's only a 1/4..

Kooks 2 inch on some cars doesn't even clear stearing shaft.. they claimed bad batch.. I wouldn't worry about over all fit it's sliding them in..

If you can weld aluminum you could cut the frame piece and weld back that would solve everything then you could slide the headers in from the bottom.

Of course like someone said all headers are different.

To me the TSP coated would be the biggest bang for the buck 800 vs 1200 from kooks.. unless your going 800 plus wheel.. you will never know you have 1 7/8 or 2 inch and the clearance with wires plug ends, starter, O2 sensor wires or steering shaft will ty.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 10:01 PM   #17
JimW

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Well when you see how tight it is say it's only a 1/4..

Kooks 2 inch on some cars doesn't even clear stearing shaft.. they claimed bad batch.. I wouldn't worry about over all fit it's sliding them in..

If you can weld aluminum you could cut the frame piece and weld back that would solve everything then you could slide the headers in from the bottom.

Of course like someone said all headers are different.

To me the TSP coated would be the biggest bang for the buck 800 vs 1200 from kooks.. unless your going 800 plus wheel.. you will never know you have 1 7/8 or 2 inch and the clearance with wires plug ends, starter, O2 sensor wires or steering shaft will ty.

Procharger f1-a-94 race kit still in the box next to the box of headers
Old 12-28-2017, 09:51 AM   #18
Rlhay2

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by soceur77 View Post
you guys need to do videos of these installs...lol
Would be difficult to do in most garages. The shows we watch on TV are setup just for this, most garages it is not even possible.

It's difficult already to get proper lighting for a still photo.
Rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:03 AM   #19
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

No it can be done with jack stands.. the luxury of the lift is lowering to ground level so you don't have to stand on something to reach over the fenders or laying on them while car is in the air even if only raised a bit.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 04-08-2021, 01:39 AM   #20
jcaligood

Drives: '18 SS 1LE
i know this is a super old thread, but i need some suggestions please

im in the middle of installing TSP 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats. got the driver side in no problem, but the passenger side is kicking my ass!
my jack wont lift the car high enough to install from the bottom, because of the upright angle i have to tilt the headers to slide them in from under. (connecters touch the ground, my jack doesnt go higher)
i see you advised going in from the top, however my O2 bung gets caught on the lip by the transmission just aft of the starter. then the pipes are against the motor mount - ish. starter heat shield is out. is it necessary to pull the whole starter out?
even if its out, the collector end of the headers mash the heatshield under the car, where the headers sit (cant get an angle to slide them back)

really having some issues here, any input is greatly appreciated.
do TSP headers on passenger side go in from the top or bottom?

thanks!
jcaligood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:33 AM   #21
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

If you remove the dip stick tube, starter shield, COILS, and valve cover they will slide in no problem.