Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2019, 11:45 AM   #505
MackSteelPrivateEye

 
Drives: pontiac
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: md
Posts: 1,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Hi Mack, that is normal, the colder it is the longer it will try to idle at higher rpm's, somewhere between 650-1100. The goal is to heat the oxygen sensor to enter closed-loop fuel control ASAP. Has it gone above 1150 rpm? That wouldn't be normal.
No don't think its gone that high. No big deal with the warm up. Just surges up for maybe 5 sec. before settling down again. The mild take off surge at 1800 to 3000 RPM is annoying though because its a manual and I like to wind it out smoothly up to speed before going to second, the stumble is annoying. Hopefully that will smooth out. Probably about 130 miles on it now.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #506
jorgesvlog
 
Drives: 2019 Chevrolet SS
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 46
I am very interested in the 95mm TB. I plan on doing a Ported MSD intake manifold and ported heads down the line. Are the 95mm TB that you plan on modifying not ported any bigger? and just modified to allow the lower end to be more responsive? I would be interested in a modified TB that would increase the overall diameter and power in the top end range while still being very responsive in the low end. The car is a 2019 10 speed so the car will be in the higher RPM range most of the runs and that is where i would need the TB to be able to flow as much as possible yes the lower end is great with regards to response, but I want to maximize the air at WOT.
jorgesvlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 05:41 AM   #507
B19 Coupe
 
B19 Coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 48
Received this in the mail yesterday. Will report back on basic impressions after install. Car will be tuned sometime early in September.
Attached Images
  
B19 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #508
B19 Coupe
 
B19 Coupe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: California
Posts: 48
Side by side.
Attached Images
  
B19 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 03:00 PM   #509
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC
Product Engineer

 
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Alabama
Posts: 203
Soler Performance CAMARO SS

Check out our new promo video for the 6th Gen Camaro!

__________________
Mike,
Soler Performance LLC,
mike@solerengineering.com
https://www.solerengineering.com/
(727) 667-9225
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:17 PM   #510
OVRKLL
 
Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE...makes me go YeeeHaw!
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC View Post
Check out our new promo video for the 6th Gen Camaro!

Nice video!
Awesome looking SS as well.

Just some construction feedback here:

I could see the difference, but I could not "Feel the Difference!"

You need a video with the sound from the car and not musical instruments for an orchestra.

Need to do a drive by with a caption of what is being highlighted with the drive by, what are you promoting.
I was left with...so what is this promo video about?

If anything, a Dyno showing the difference on TBs going side by side...which I think you might have done. However, keep the sound of the car's exhaust on the mic not the music.

Maybe it's just me, but I just hate it when there's music playing as a car is being show cased. I'd rather have someone talking about the car...the music does nothing for me, but than again, it's probably just me, and it's definitely not about me...I'm just a by stander.
__________________
The Thrill isn't around the corner, the Thrill is the corner!
Keep the rubber side down!
OVRKLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 02:57 AM   #511
Deputy Dog
 
Drives: 2017 Go Kart
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: US
Posts: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Nice video!
Awesome looking SS as well.

Just some construction feedback here:

I could see the difference, but I could not "Feel the Difference!"

You need a video with the sound from the car and not musical instruments for an orchestra.

Need to do a drive by with a caption of what is being highlighted with the drive by, what are you promoting.
I was left with...so what is this promo video about?

If anything, a Dyno showing the difference on TBs going side by side...which I think you might have done. However, keep the sound of the car's exhaust on the mic not the music.

Maybe it's just me, but I just hate it when there's music playing as a car is being show cased. I'd rather have someone talking about the car...the music does nothing for me, but than again, it's probably just me, and it's definitely not about me...I'm just a by stander.



Agreed...all I heard was music. No car performance.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 09:26 AM   #512
Warrior102
 
Warrior102's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 269
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but if you're running a throttle controller make sure to re-calibrate it with the new/different TB or better yet bypass during the learning process. I personally removed it but ended up reinstalling it after a few weeks as I missed the immediacy of the response. I actually think it's even more sensitive now with the Soler TB I used to leave it on SP5 but now SP2 - 3 gets it done (Vitesse).

Last edited by Warrior102; 08-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Warrior102 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:09 PM   #513
Mighty Mouce
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but if you're running a throttle controller make sure to re-calibrate it with the new/different TB or better yet bypass during the learning process. I personally removed it but ended up reinstalling it after a few weeks as I missed the immediacy of the response. I actually think it's even more sensitive now with the Soler TB I used to leave it on SP5 but now SP2 - 3 gets it done (Vitesse).

Please do another video showing the actual performance of the car.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:39 PM   #514
Mighty Mouce
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
Sure, I'll send you an email later this week. I want to see if I notice this the next few days.
Did your surge smooth out or do you still have it? Mine is not as bad but still have it after almost 2oo miles. Hoping to get it completely surge free.
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #515
All2Easy
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #997 Gone 2019 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
Did your surge smooth out or do you still have it? Mine is not as bad but still have it after almost 2oo miles. Hoping to get it completely surge free.
Mine seems to be smoothing out as I put more miles on it.
All2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #516
enzia35


 
Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: College Station, TX
Posts: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVRKLL View Post
Nice video!
Awesome looking SS as well.

Just some construction feedback here:

I could see the difference, but I could not "Feel the Difference!"

You need a video with the sound from the car and not musical instruments for an orchestra.

Need to do a drive by with a caption of what is being highlighted with the drive by, what are you promoting.
I was left with...so what is this promo video about?

If anything, a Dyno showing the difference on TBs going side by side...which I think you might have done. However, keep the sound of the car's exhaust on the mic not the music.

Maybe it's just me, but I just hate it when there's music playing as a car is being show cased. I'd rather have someone talking about the car...the music does nothing for me, but than again, it's probably just me, and it's definitely not about me...I'm just a by stander.
The way I see it, the TB isn't strictly about performance. It's about a better pedal feel, that's hard to show such nuance in a video.
__________________
'16 Camaro 1SS
'18 Miata GT
Gone: '01 Camaro, '14 Camaro, '90 Miata
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:49 PM   #517
Mighty Mouce
Banned
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: US
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by All2Easy View Post
Mine seems to be smoothing out as I put more miles on it.

How many miles since the install?
Mighty Mouce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 10:18 AM   #518
All2Easy
 
Drives: 2015 Z/28 #997 Gone 2019 SS 1LE
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Mouce View Post
How many miles since the install?
Around 700 miles now since install.
All2Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.