Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-04-2019, 11:50 AM   #15
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
Had bought a used car a few years ago that had really bad cigarette smell. I cleaned the hell of the interior and also used an odor eliminator spray, "new car smell". Saw it on one of the weekend car shows, worked super. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...minators&pos=0

This looks to be newer as I don't remember seeing this from a few years ago https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...aerosol&pos=11
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #16
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
Had bought a used car a few years ago that had really bad cigarette smell. I cleaned the hell of the interior and also used an odor eliminator spray, "new car smell". Saw it on one of the weekend car shows, worked super. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...minators&pos=0

This looks to be newer as I don't remember seeing this from a few years ago https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...aerosol&pos=11
I'll keep this in mind if nothing else works. I like the idea of just tossing a fumigator bomb in there and letting it work.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #17
harner

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
I'd avoid any "odor eliminator" sprays and spring for an ozone machine on Amazon. This is what the professional detailer community recommends. Let it run in the car with the windows up for the desired amount of time and say goodbye to the smell. If you don't want to buy the machine, talk to your local reputable detailer and they can sell you the service.
1994 Trans Am LM7/CPT 4L60E/9"
1987 IROC
2006 Silverado
harner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #18
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by harner View Post
I'd avoid any "odor eliminator" sprays and spring for an ozone machine on Amazon. This is what the professional detailer community recommends. Let it run in the car with the windows up for the desired amount of time and say goodbye to the smell. If you don't want to buy the machine, talk to your local reputable detailer and they can sell you the service.
I'm not opposed to purchasing an ozone machine, but as I live in an apartment, I have no way to power it where I can park my car.

I can't justify spending this much on a machine for a single use.
Old 09-05-2019, 01:19 PM   #19
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Check with your dealer before you go any farther. Either he has, or has access to, through his vendors ,to an O-Zone machine. You are correct, you only need it once, You’re not in the business. Most dealers that have a large pre-owned operation have one.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #20
speedraider

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2017 ZL1
Ozone generator 100%, works everytime
speedraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:12 AM   #21
crosive

I'm not having any luck with finding someone local with an ozone generator. Dealer has no idea what it is. Local "detailers" know, but don't have one.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:33 AM   #22
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Try those businesses that come into your house and clean up after a flood ,after a pipe breaks .....they have one.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 04:34 AM   #23
crosive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Try those businesses that come into your house and clean up after a flood ,after a pipe breaks .....they have one.
Good idea, there is a serv pro base of operations literally right up the road from me. I'll check there