Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #15
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr1100xx View Post
41K for a '19 1LT Vette? I've never heard one that low ever even for a base. I test drove an '18 1LT 7spd manual.

Felt as wide as a bathtub and tons of road noise as well. Getting in/out sucked too. I prefer the Camaro myself. But if you want a Vette, that's damn cheap. I still think Camaros look cooler.
Felt as wide? Have you checked the width measurements? Getting in and out sucked you say? LOL,its a sports car,not a sports coupe like a Camaro. And you seriously think a Camaro looks cooler than a C7? That is laughable.

Last edited by karmatourer; 04-30-2019 at 01:00 PM.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:52 PM   #16
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
Felt as wide? Have you checked the width measurements? Getting in and out sucked you say? LOL,its a sports car,not a sports coupe like a Camaro. And you seriously thing a Camaro looks cooler than a C7? That is laughable.
I think the Camaro looks better, especially the 1LE and ZL1 versions. The C7 IS a bit dated and I still find the C6 actually a better looking car than the C7.

That being said, the safety features and the better power management of the Camaro just makes it a better value. They are also less prone to squeaks and rattles. Also, if you're an auto fan, the A10 is awesome.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 12:59 PM   #17
karmatourer
STD free

Drives: 2018 Bright Yellow LGX M6 RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroJD View Post
I know this may not apply to everyone, but C7s are terrible daily drivers compared to Camaros.
C7s are not terrible daily drivers compared to Camaros. I don't live in a state with crap roads and I've taken mine all over the SE USA.And since you mentioned daily drivers,the Corvette with an M7 gets 32-33 MPG on the highway at 70.
So for the Corvette haters/Camaro lovers who think its the best thing since sliced bread make me laugh. And those who whine about ingress & egress make me laugh even harder. Its a sports car,a grand sport if you will,not a sports coupe like your beloved Camaro. I'm 68 and have no issues getting in and out.

Last edited by karmatourer; 04-30-2019 at 07:33 PM.
karmatourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:00 PM   #18
TC2018SS1LE

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
$41k for a 19 1LT is a lot more than $10k off of msrp. Base msrp for a 2019 7 speed is over $56k. Seems highly unlikely to get one that cheap.
I guess it is good that I said 10k off the sale price.
TC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 02:34 PM   #19
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
245 tires are front only. It has 285 on the rear. Base Stingray now has the same wheels as a Z51.

Aesthetically speaking, i would powdercoat that lip spoiler black, remove the side stingray emblems, and powdercoat the rims black. Dark tint. That would be a bad looking base C7. Although i should be partial to the camaro, i still think done right a vette is nicer looking. But on track, the 1le SS is only inferior to the grandsport/z06/zr not the base or z51

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:03 PM   #20
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
Aesthetically speaking, i would powdercoat that lip spoiler black, remove the side stingray emblems, and powdercoat the rims black. Dark tint. That would be a bad looking base C7. Although i should be partial to the camaro, i still think done right a vette is nicer looking. But on track, the 1le SS is only inferior to the grandsport/z06/zr not the base or z51
Even on track the Camaro platform is more composed than the Vette chassis.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #21
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATTY-1LE View Post
I prefer this one. It's about $2k more than the white one.

GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:55 PM   #22
MATTY-1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Even on track the Camaro platform is more composed than the Vette chassis.
tbh TR you are probably right, When i owned my c6 i swear it was scary and felt unsafe anything past 120, my Camaro just cruises at that speed safe and sound. Maybe the fact it was developed off of the cadillac chassis has something to do with that.

Past:
2008 C6 - heads/cam/boltons
2005 GTO - cam/boltons
MATTY-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:10 PM   #23
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I wouldn't trade my car for anything less than a C7 Grand Sport version of the Vette. Just not sure it's worth the extra $20k-$25k
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #24
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
I love Corvettes and I love Camaros. I have owned two Camaros and no Corvettes. It just worked out that way.

I have always wanted a Corvette, but would want brand new and they have always seemed out of reach. 41k sounds pretty darn interesting, though.

I would wait until after the C8 mid-engine Corvette comes out in July and see what happens to prices. They may go lower.
Old 04-30-2019, 04:55 PM   #25
Move'n Up

Drives: 17 Z06/Z07, 17 2SS Fifty, Ram 2500
Get the Vette, you'll love having it. If at all possible, step up a little and get the Z51 package!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #26
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I wouldn't trade my car for anything less than a C7 Grand Sport version of the Vette. Just not sure it's worth the extra $20k-$25k
I'm not that far from one of the largest Corvette dealers in the USA and they always have great deals on Grand Sports , you can get a Grand Sport for $54K .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 06:12 PM   #27
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmatourer View Post
You won't be disappointed at all. No reason at all to be disappointed. I surely wasn't in my 2017 1LT in Sterling Blue. Sure,you can pay more for a GS or whatever model you choose,but the looks you get driving a Corvette as opposed to ANY Camaro are drastically different,if being noticed is your thing. Corvettes are absolute bargains right now and we be more so as dealer stock remains huge. And there is nothing like it on the road.
I suggest the OP contact the biggest Corvette sellers instead of any nearby dealer for the best deal.
90% of the attention I received in my C6 was bad.
People would cut me off, expect to race me in their minivan, tailgate, park within inches, cops would follow me for no reason, snarky remarks from drive thru staff, looks of disdain from the public, just generally treat me like a douche bag.
Never got this attitude in any other car in over 40 years of driving.
I swear people threw stuff at the car as I drove along.

The Camaro 1LE?
All positive.
Little kids hanging out the window of their parents car pointing, road construction workers nodding and remarking "nice car" as they let me past, car enthusiasts pointing and yelling as they drive by, motorcyclists giving the thumbs up at a light. Had a couple in a Subaru chase me through the twisties and follow me to a gas station just to say how much fun that was, and admire the car for like 20 minutes.

On the trip home from the dealer at a light had a Merc on one side and a Honda on the other and both drivers were asking about the car.

I'll take the Camaro attention over the Corvette attention any day.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 PM   #28
TC2018SS1LE

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
90% of the attention I received in my C6 was bad.
People would cut me off, expect to race me in their minivan, tailgate, park within inches, cops would follow me for no reason, snarky remarks from drive thru staff, looks of disdain from the public, just generally treat me like a douche bag.
Never got this attitude in any other car in over 40 years of driving.
I swear people threw stuff at the car as I drove along.

The Camaro 1LE?
All positive.
Little kids hanging out the window of their parents car pointing, road construction workers nodding and remarking "nice car" as they let me past, car enthusiasts pointing and yelling as they drive by, motorcyclists giving the thumbs up at a light. Had a couple in a Subaru chase me through the twisties and follow me to a gas station just to say how much fun that was, and admire the car for like 20 minutes.

On the trip home from the dealer at a light had a Merc on one side and a Honda on the other and both drivers were asking about the car.

I'll take the Camaro attention over the Corvette attention any day.
Where do you live!?

You need to move asap!
TC2018SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote