Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #1
IMadeYouReadThis

Drives: 02 Camaro SS 6M / 11 GMC Sierra
AIRAID Modular Intake Tube 250-902

I just ordered myself on of these. I have one in my GMC Sierra 5.3 and it has been flawless for almost 8 years.

Has anyone tried this on our 3.6 Camaro yet or is it brand new?

Just hoping for no CEL's.

I will post some pics of the install when I get it, probably next week depending on how long it takes to be shipped from California to Ontario.

Here is the link

https://www.airaid.com/search/product.aspx?prod=250-902
IMadeYouReadThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:12 AM   #2
Kairles

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green LS 1LE
got mine a couple weeks ago, going on the dyno Saturday to see if it makes any power.
Kairles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 02:03 AM   #3
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairles View Post
got mine a couple weeks ago, going on the dyno Saturday to see if it makes any power.

Look forward to seeing the results. Does it feel quicker?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:39 AM   #4
Kairles

I havent installed it yet. Gonna dyno the car stock, then install the tube and K&N filter. Then dyno to see if it picks up power.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #5
IMadeYouReadThis

Unbelievably I got my intake tube today super impressed with the shipping speed from California.

So with nothing better to do on this fine rainy February Canadian day I installed it.

It looks pretty good the plastic and rubbers weren't liking the cold too much during the install and it was hard to get everything seated properly.

All do an update after I've driven it for a while hopefully no check engine lights
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM   #6
Kairles

Intake tube and K&N filter we're worth 10rwhp. Will post Dyno sheet once I'm home.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:00 PM   #7
Kairles

Here's the dyno sheet. I was surprised with the gains, and the numbers the car put down. Run 1 was my 100% stock 2017 Camaro LS 1LE. Run 2 was after we added the Airaid intake tube and K&N filter. Both are 4th gear runs with the car in Track mode.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:24 AM   #8
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Here's the dyno sheet. I was surprised with the gains, and the numbers the car put down. Run 1 was my 100% stock 2017 Camaro LS 1LE. Run 2 was after we added the Airaid intake tube and K&N filter. Both are 4th gear runs with the car in Track mode.

Those are quite surprising numbers. I will say the car does seem to pull harder at least from my butt dyno.

The Airaid and K&N combo seems to be a good bang for the buck.

So far I put a couple hundred kilometers on it and I've had no issues with check engine lights.

I will update after a few weeks of driving perhaps you could do the same.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #9
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:

Awesome findings. on doin that. Willing to bet in real world conditions it will prob eek out a few more with actual airflow over thw frontal area of the car

The drop in fikter is definately a good simple basic upgrade thst produces. This solves the other part of the stock intake restrictions.

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:43 AM   #10
IMadeYouReadThis

As promised I'm coming back to update my my experience with the new intake. The car definitely seems to pull a little harder then before I had the intake.

It's nice that it gets rid of the sound tube as well nobody wants fake sound pumped into their car. It's nice because you're good to hear the NPP better.

And the main thing as everybody knows with the 3.6 liter is intakes cause check engine lights. Well so far I haven't gotten one I put about out six or seven hundred miles on it just over a thousand kilometers.

So overall I fully recommend this I think it's the best bang-for-the-buck for our Cars to grab the modular intake tube and a K&N Filter.

Keep in mind it's still been around 0 here in Canada if I end up having issues when the temperature gets up in the summer I'll update this post.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:48 AM   #11
Slim85

Drives: 2016 RS 3.6
I have one installed also with the arm dry drop in filter no check engine lights and 1/4 the cost of a whole intake setup good deal
Slim85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:25 AM   #12
clayhtrevino

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 1LENightfall
I ordered mine yesterday. BOTH full setup CAI's I tried (K&N) gave me CEL's. Even switched out cone filters to different brands with no luck, so I am hoping this is finally the solution to this problem. Thanks for sharing the info guys!
clayhtrevino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 11:41 AM   #13
DougCBJ

Drives: 2016 Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhtrevino View Post
I ordered mine yesterday. BOTH full setup CAI's I tried (K&N) gave me CEL's. Even switched out cone filters to different brands with no luck, so I am hoping this is finally the solution to this problem. Thanks for sharing the info guys!
I had the typhoon edition that gave me CEL, i switched to AFE and have had no CE light now, been running it for about 7 months now with no CEL ever coming up.
DougCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:28 PM   #14
IMadeYouReadThis

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayhtrevino View Post