Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #29
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
But unless you sign some type of contract with the dealer they only have your PAST history to go on. They can still sell the car on the lot for much more and they still have access to used cars at auction. You aren't really offering the dealer much in your plan and there is no guarantee you keep your current rate.

You are looking at it from your perspective.

I recall when the cheapest cars were 15% off the car and I think much more on options.

Corvettes used to be so good the employee had to agree to keep it in their name for 2 full years. And back in the day you could buy it at discount and turn it and not lose money after that two years. Best deal was to be a company car driver. You could order your car, make it your company car for a while then buy it a very sweet price. Turn a Corvette on that price every two years and you were doing very well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I am 99% sure it was 12 months on my vette. But that was a while ago.
I think you both are right. The company car rules and the employee discount rules often changed from CEO to CEO. I remember there being a site allocation for Corvette drive and buy orders and a two year hold requirement. Some sites would disperse their allocation by lottery. I was never able to buy a Corvette under those rules, so I’m not totally certain if I’ve described it right. By the time I bought my C4, we were able to buy Corvettes off the lot with full employee discount and a 12 month hold requirement.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote