Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2022, 04:10 PM   #1
helicoil
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: St. Louis, Mo.
Posts: 11
Magnuson TVS2650 123MM throttle inlet

I am looking for someone who has experience with ProS Tuninig out of Florida? They sell this billet 123MM throttle body and snout for the Maggie 2650. It is pricey and the website looks a little skiddish.

https://www.prostuning.com/shop

I wandered if anyone in here has ran this set up? I am not a Gen5/6 Camaro guy, I own a 66 Nova small tire drag car and am wanting to run a combo similar to the COPO Camaros (2019' up). I am using a LSX Concepts cog drive in my car (drag race) and am wanting to maximize the performance of my 388" by running this Maggie for all that it is worth.

I currently have a cabled 109 Magnuson TB, but don't see any other cabled options that are bigger. I have seen where the 113MM was worth a decent gain in HP. I see some 113MM DBW stuff, but that is not the route I want to go. Looking at options. Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
 
helicoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:25 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 14,281
LMP (on YT) featured a big @$$ 2650 on a 5th Gen with a big @$$ TB/snout. It was fruggin nuts. I don't recall many details, but that car was rowdy.
__________________

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R / HHP TCM / PLM Heat Exchanger / ZLE Cradle bushings / BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff / aFe bars / 17" Drag Pack / Diode Dynamics LEDs / ACS Composites Guards / CF Dash / tint / other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:44 AM   #3
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicoil View Post
I am looking for someone who has experience with ProS Tuninig out of Florida? They sell this billet 123MM throttle body and snout for the Maggie 2650. It is pricey and the website looks a little skiddish.

https://www.prostuning.com/shop

I wandered if anyone in here has ran this set up? I am not a Gen5/6 Camaro guy, I own a 66 Nova small tire drag car and am wanting to run a combo similar to the COPO Camaros (2019' up). I am using a LSX Concepts cog drive in my car (drag race) and am wanting to maximize the performance of my 388" by running this Maggie for all that it is worth.

I currently have a cabled 109 Magnuson TB, but don't see any other cabled options that are bigger. I have seen where the 113MM was worth a decent gain in HP. I see some 113MM DBW stuff, but that is not the route I want to go. Looking at options. Thanks in advance!
So, I'm sure you've heard of Don O'neal. He runs a Jerry Haas 15 pro stock Camaro in Top Sportsman. He runs an Oval 140 plus TB on his 2650. I don't recall who builds it but it may be Holley. He started running the 2650 when I was with Magnuson back in 2018 when they started supplying the Copo's.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek Splitter, E85, Roto Fab- phdtuning-11.79@121 2022- Ltz 3.0 Duramax Silverado
16SS w/2650 9.41@147sold x-maggie employee-
16 C7 10.90@128 sold
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:43 AM   #4
toohighpsi
 
Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
So, I'm sure you've heard of Don O'neal. He runs a Jerry Haas 15 pro stock Camaro in Top Sportsman. He runs an Oval 140 plus TB on his 2650. I don't recall who builds it but it may be Holley. He started running the 2650 when I was with Magnuson back in 2018 when they started supplying the Copo's.
It's actually a 170mm Holley Pro-Stock Throttle body that I made an adaptor for to use on a 2650. Goal was to be able to reach the max flow capacity of the 2650 (not to mention it looks pretty cool), then when Don built that car with a 2650 it seemed like a good application for it...

Name:  2650.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  104.1 KB
__________________
Mike

2018 Camaro SS A8 - Maggie TVS2650, port injection, (E85) 728 RWHP
2015 Corvette Z06 M7 - Maggie TVS2650, port injection, NW103mm, GM CAI, E85, TBD RWHP
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 08:52 AM   #5
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
It's actually a 170mm Holley Pro-Stock Throttle body that I made an adaptor for to use on a 2650. Goal was to be able to reach the max flow capacity of the 2650 (not to mention it looks pretty cool), then when Don built that car with a 2650 it seemed like a good application for it...

Attachment 1090158
Hum, guess he moved up the food chain since I saw it last time.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek Splitter, E85, Roto Fab- phdtuning-11.79@121 2022- Ltz 3.0 Duramax Silverado
16SS w/2650 9.41@147sold x-maggie employee-
16 C7 10.90@128 sold
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:09 PM   #6
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 14,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
It's actually a 170mm Holley Pro-Stock Throttle body that I made an adaptor for to use on a 2650. Goal was to be able to reach the max flow capacity of the 2650 (not to mention it looks pretty cool), then when Don built that car with a 2650 it seemed like a good application for it...

Attachment 1090158
That's the version I think I saw in the video I was referencing.
__________________

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R / HHP TCM / PLM Heat Exchanger / ZLE Cradle bushings / BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff / aFe bars / 17" Drag Pack / Diode Dynamics LEDs / ACS Composites Guards / CF Dash / tint / other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 06:39 AM   #7
Slow_lsx
 
Drives: Silverado
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: VA
Posts: 1
Justin and the guys at Prostuning are top notch. Also note, that they offer a 170mm TB option alongside their 123mm TB. The LMP car referred to by others in this thread made over 1300 wheel with their 170TB and I’m confident their is still room to go. Plenty of discussions about these specific throttle bodies in the Facebook group “everything 2650”.
Slow_lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.