Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-11-2022, 12:58 PM   #1
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Oldman needs meth

I have a full build DI system to support E85, but I'm in Hawaii now so there is no E85. I am thinking of 8 point meth, Weapon X SPI but I don't know if that can do meth / water. Snow can for sure but don't know if it can do 8 injectors?

So for a Procharger install, what is reasonable setup if I want to add meth? The reason for meth (other than addiction) is to keep the valves clean and I want the add security of meth and I just want to fool around with max rich HP from meth vs E85 (which I can no longer get).

Second if you all can help, is there an advantage to having an 8 point injection system or would a Snow 1 or 2 point system be all that I need? Please remember I have MORE than enough DI hardware to supply fuel to complete slag the engine and drivetrain already.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:13 PM   #2
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I have a full build DI system to support E85, but I'm in Hawaii now so there is no E85. I am thinking of 8 point meth, Weapon X SPI but I don't know if that can do meth / water. Snow can for sure but don't know if it can do 8 injectors?

So for a Procharger install, what is reasonable setup if I want to add meth? The reason for meth (other than addiction) is to keep the valves clean and I want the add security of meth and I just want to fool around with max rich HP from meth vs E85 (which I can no longer get).

Second if you all can help, is there an advantage to having an 8 point injection system or would a Snow 1 or 2 point system be all that I need? Please remember I have MORE than enough DI hardware to supply fuel to complete slag the engine and drivetrain already.
If you already have plenty of fuel, I’d just stick with one or two nozzles. If you need the meth for fuel, then 8 nozzles helps prevent unequal distribution that can cause problems. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #3
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Thanks where do I put the points? In charge pipe or drill tap intake manifold?
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:19 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Agree with Josh...

Normally I see them plumbed just ahead of the throttle body in the elbow area.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 07:55 PM   #5
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
After playing with the meth for a while I have noticed that nozzel placement has alot to do with things. I was running like half to sometimes a full point afr difference from passenger side to drivers side with pass richer. Depending on where in the rpm band. So i played around some with nozzle placement put the nozzle's facing each other top to bottom about 3 or 4 inches from the throttle body. Guess what its now .3 max to the same afr both sides. But with the drivers side richer. So for me thats close enough but I am relying on the meth for fueling.

Some say thats dangerous because what if the meth pump fails? I say u aint useing enough meth lol so that if it fails the car will just nose over. No where near enough fuel is way better than enough to keep running at 16 or so to 1.

I will also say this. Cut out and solder all push together connections period. Except may be the fuse dont cut the holder but solder that fuse to it. Another thing I do is run a voltage some call it a boost a pump to the control box and therefore the pump. That keeps a steady exactly same voltage to the system as the car can vary that voltage depending on state of battery. I think it always goes to 14 volts at wide open but it has to ramp up. With the boost a pump its always rock steady no matter what the car voltage does.

In the beginning I had a thing happen where the light was not going green or coming on at all. No damage I saw it right away. Went under the hood wiggled a few wires it started working. Thats bad cause u dont know where the loose connection is. The main fuse holder seemed like the fuse was maybe loose definitely not tight so I started their soldering all connections all, and have not had any trouble since. Year and a half ago I guess and yes Im on my second no make that, just got my 3rd 55 gallon drum.

Another thing I do is the gray wire I think it is coming off the alky control turns on a rely that operates my aem wide band. It the controller looses power blows a fuse ect my wide band looses power so i instantly know theirs a problem.

Hop this helps all and you oldman as you have been very helpful to me. Thanks all.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 08:07 PM   #6
Kerry

Also alky control is using a much better pump now about maybe 3 or 4 months now with a new better pressure switch. I really like the alky system because if I have pressure in the line the led goes from red, activated, to green, if their is pressure and the amount you want in the line feeding the nozzles. I have mine set at 45 psi. Light sits right atop my wide band mounted in the vent, well really between my nguage and wide band.

I also made my own bracket and hung the pump on the door bolt hinge and did not remove the fender. Note theirs less room with the vert in their because the body of the car is slightly different. thicker. ITS so tight in the vert
Old 01-12-2022, 08:52 PM   #7
Kerry

This is with the lt2 manifold so different mani may = different results btw
Old 01-14-2022, 01:11 AM   #8
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Can you get Race Gas?
Just add a port system with a dedicated tank/pump with race fuel for high load. Reliable with good distribution and tons of capability when you go back to E85.

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 09:48 AM   #9
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by toohighpsi View Post
Can you get Race Gas?
Just add a port system with a dedicated tank/pump with race fuel for high load. Reliable with good distribution and tons of capability when you go back to E85.
Could a person just do a separate fuel pump with a return pressure regulator like we used to and run the aux system? Thanks Mike!
Old 02-02-2022, 08:36 PM   #10
toohighpsi

Drives: 2015 C7 Z06 M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
Could a person just do a separate fuel pump with a return pressure regulator like we used to and run the aux system? Thanks Mike!
Sure, car would run pump off the stock tank/fuel system then race fuel would be added with the port system when required. Aeromotive even makes some pretty cool little fuel cells with pumps built in.

www.toohighpsi.com

2015 Corvette Z06 M7
2021 Porsche GT4 M6
2023 Corvette Z51
toohighpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 01:41 PM   #11
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Making me itchy for those plates...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:55 PM   #12
1LE801
"Lohla"

Drives: 2016 1SS A8 :"Lohla"
Alky dual nozzle meth. Problem solved. It's lame worrying about how much meth you've got on tap though. I won't lie.

I'm on the OG pump that I got with my kit when we first did the work around 4 years ago. Many see pump failures but I guess thats the one thing that didn't give me grief LOL.