Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2022, 03:37 PM   #1
Trochoidal

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,226
TooHighPsi - Procharger

I decided to call Mike today to discuss using the Vindicator 2 LT1/LT4 "SC" Port Plate System with a Procharger. It appears that if I go with the Procharger I can keep stock fueling and use their SC plate (Stock Coil). This is great feedback.

I’m sharing this for anyone who may also want to go with Procharger.

https://www.toohighpsi.com/product-p...t-plate-system
__________________
Roto-Fab w/sound tube delete, Katech ported TB, Pray IM, Velossa, DD side markers, DSX FF, UPR Catch can, Halo brace, My custom vent gauge pod
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 05:30 PM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 14,281
Another plus for Mike!
__________________

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R / HHP TCM / PLM Heat Exchanger / ZLE Cradle bushings / BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff / aFe bars / 17" Drag Pack / Diode Dynamics LEDs / ACS Composites Guards / CF Dash / tint / other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:24 AM   #3
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 7,146
Mike and Mike Jr plus a bunch of old Magnuson Employee' are going to do a lot of great things for the Lt1/4 platform. They are putting those new Haas machines to the test. Not just saying that because he was my old boss at Magnuson, but he was pretty much is responsible for the creation of the 2650 that many are running now plus the 2650s for the Copo's.
__________________
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Phastek Splitter, E85, Roto Fab- phdtuning-11.79@121 2022- Ltz 3.0 Duramax Silverado
16SS w/2650 9.41@147sold x-maggie employee-
16 C7 10.90@128 sold
laynlo15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 2,570
If you’re running LT1 injectors and HPFP and think you’re going to start modding your LT1 with any kind of forced induction, this is a no brainer.
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Kong ported Whipple 8.00/3.00, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 229/245 cam, Rotofab Big Gulp, 112mm TB, forged pistons & rods, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, AWE CB, GForce DS & axles, 2” coated headers, MM Wild CC, everything BMR makes, OEM 1LE wheels (street), Forgestar D5 bead locks (track). 927 WHP/917 WTQ, 9.65@146
2021 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD (daily driver)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 (hers)
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #5
Trochoidal

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you’re running LT1 injectors and HPFP and think you’re going to start modding your LT1 with any kind of forced induction, this is a no brainer.
That’s the plan for sure. This build will see some passes at the track but it will primarily remain a street car. I want to run full E with plenty of headroom. Minus the install of the pump, this should be a straight install. (We all know expectations never meet reality with regards to projects like this)

Between what Mike Jr., cjperformance, and airtroop accomplished the only real decision will be whether I stick with the Procharger or move to 2650. I’m hearing lead time for 2650 is 14 weeks. There’s enough time between now and spring before this project starts. If I do decide to go 2650, I’ll need to order that soon.
__________________
Roto-Fab w/sound tube delete, Katech ported TB, Pray IM, Velossa, DD side markers, DSX FF, UPR Catch can, Halo brace, My custom vent gauge pod
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:09 PM   #6
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
If you’re running LT1 injectors and HPFP and think you’re going to start modding your LT1 with any kind of forced induction, this is a no brainer.
What would be needed besides the kit and the required 8 bosch injectors? A holley dominator efi ecu?
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:16 PM   #7
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
What would be needed besides the kit and the required 8 bosch injectors? A holley dominator efi ecu?
You're going to have to beef up the low side for sure. Talk to Mike at TooHighPsi for his suggestions on that. I went Fore triple but that might be overkill for your build, not sure what your goals are.

The Dominator setup from Crawford with dual widebands is the gold standard for PI in my opinion but again, overkill for most builds. TooHighPsi sells the MAF Fusion control which is simple and effective enough.
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Kong ported Whipple 8.00/3.00, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 229/245 cam, Rotofab Big Gulp, 112mm TB, forged pistons & rods, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, AWE CB, GForce DS & axles, 2” coated headers, MM Wild CC, everything BMR makes, OEM 1LE wheels (street), Forgestar D5 bead locks (track). 927 WHP/917 WTQ, 9.65@146
2021 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD (daily driver)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 (hers)
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:24 PM   #8
Trochoidal

 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: May 2019
Location: USA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
What would be needed besides the kit and the required 8 bosch injectors? A holley dominator efi ecu?
The items in aitroop01’s thread seem to be complete.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPPGteMh_DO/

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...10&postcount=1
__________________
Roto-Fab w/sound tube delete, Katech ported TB, Pray IM, Velossa, DD side markers, DSX FF, UPR Catch can, Halo brace, My custom vent gauge pod
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:33 PM   #9
cjperformance
 
cjperformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Missouri
Posts: 352
Just making some conversation and speculation...

I have zero experience with secondary port injection, but as a general rule simpler is better. I went with LT4 injectors & HPFP... + DSX low side... In hindsight, with similar goals maybe the only thing I would have done differently is go with even larger injectors and HPFP to run full E. Not sure if I would need a cam w/ larger fuel lobe at that point. So I think the deciding factor for me between larger capacity DI vs supplementary port would be whether I would need to add a cam to support DI only.

I like the idea of playing with secondary port injection, but for a primarily street driven setup... I might worry about the complexity of having two systems.

Just some thoughts, again pure speculation... With DI + Port... I would think risks are similar as with DI + Meth from a fueling perspective... Meaning a failure in the supplemental port inj might still allow the engine to run lean, where with ONLY DI if there's a pump failure, it would be more likely to get zero fuel, or not enough to keep runnning, where with supplemental... there might be enough fueling happening to run lean for longer?

Personally I would prefer to exhaust my DI fueling options (heh heh) before going with supplemental port. If you were doing it for fun, that's different! I would love to do it just for the tuning experience.
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:32 PM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,041
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Any Idea which way you will tune?


Are you going to tune off a second map or IPW base operation off of TPS?
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:34 PM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,041
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
[QUOTE=cjperformance;11118635]


I like the idea of playing with secondary port injection, but for a primarily street driven setup... I might worry about the complexity of having two systems.


Sounds like you been reading JRE posts!
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 PM   #12
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjperformance View Post
Just making some conversation and speculation...

I have zero experience with secondary port injection, but as a general rule simpler is better. I went with LT4 injectors & HPFP... + DSX low side... In hindsight, with similar goals maybe the only thing I would have done differently is go with even larger injectors and HPFP to run full E. Not sure if I would need a cam w/ larger fuel lobe at that point. So I think the deciding factor for me between larger capacity DI vs supplementary port would be whether I would need to add a cam to support DI only.

I like the idea of playing with secondary port injection, but for a primarily street driven setup... I might worry about the complexity of having two systems.

Just some thoughts, again pure speculation... With DI + Port... I would think risks are similar as with DI + Meth from a fueling perspective... Meaning a failure in the supplemental port inj might still allow the engine to run lean, where with ONLY DI if there's a pump failure, it would be more likely to get zero fuel, or not enough to keep runnning, where with supplemental... there might be enough fueling happening to run lean for longer?

Personally I would prefer to exhaust my DI fueling options (heh heh) before going with supplemental port. If you were doing it for fun, that's different! I would love to do it just for the tuning experience.
Considering vehicles like the C7 ZR1 and newer mustang gts come from the factory with both direct injection AND port fuel injection, I'd say the risk is rather low when the set up is implemented correctly. A meth pump is highly more susceptible to failure than a complementary port injection system in my opinion.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:47 PM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,041
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Considering vehicles like the C7 ZR1 and newer mustang gts come from the factory with both direct injection AND port fuel injection, I'd say the risk is rather low when the set up is implemented correctly. A meth pump is highly more susceptible to failure than a complementary port injection system in my opinion.
No not that easy the pcm and port module talk to each other. Harder to do e85 on that car to.
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 09:20 AM   #14
cjperformance
 
cjperformance's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 50th Anniversary
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Missouri
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post


Sounds like you been reading JRE posts!
Lol, that and personal experience as a software developer and general tinkerer.
__________________
2017 50th Anniversary Edition | P1X Stage 2
DSX Aux Low Side, Flex Fuel, Baro Breakout, 3-bar MAP | LT4 High Side
CircleD 3K Stall | QA1 CF Driveshaft
Front - Racestar Recluse 95 20x10 22 offset NT 555 G2 285/30-20
Rear - Racestar Recluse 95 20x11 41 offset NT05 305/30-20
Best 11.53@123 Prior to Trans Tune & Stall Converter
cjperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.