Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Transmissions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-24-2021, 12:43 PM   #1
Kerry

Drives: 2019 2SS Camaro
10 speed slip

So from first to second shift feels like its slipping. like tires spinning but no traction light and log shows slipping. Iv had 2 different 19s both act the same way. The 3 to 4 and all the rest are very strong shift even thou it might spin a little sometimes enough to make the traction light come on.
So is this built in protection to keep from breaking the trans or just low fluid or just general design.

This car has more power than my sons mustang and it will jerk your hair out when it hits second.
Kerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #2
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
So from first to second shift feels like its slipping. like tires spinning but no traction light and log shows slipping. Iv had 2 different 19s both act the same way. The 3 to 4 and all the rest are very strong shift even thou it might spin a little sometimes enough to make the traction light come on.
So is this built in protection to keep from breaking the trans or just low fluid or just general design.

This car has more power than my sons mustang and it will jerk your hair out when it hits second.
Mine doesn’t seem to slip, but it sometimes feels like there’s a delayed shift to second (almost like my previous A8) Mainly when it’s not warmed up.

Off topic but curious…Does yours have a subtle whine at idle or increase whine volume when revved a bit, or in gear at speeds low than say less than 30mph? (Sounds like a supercharger) I know I’ve seen a couple posts that a few people noted the same, but others said theirs didn’t. My Z had zero whine… this car is at 500 miles. Like I said just curious…
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #3
Kerry

Well never noticed a wind in forward gears but maybe in reverse,but I have a procharger now and it wines lol so I caint tell
Old 12-25-2021, 07:17 AM   #4
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Torque management.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:12 AM   #5
Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Torque management.
Any Idea what setting would affect that. I have the tcm unlocked and able to tune, but I guess it could be in the ecm as well? Greatly appreciated King!!!
Old 12-27-2021, 09:11 AM   #6
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
It's not just one setting if you want to leave some TM in the tune. If you disable torque reduction that will completely change how the trans shifts in the first couple gears but I don't recommend that on a street tire...especially when it's cold outside.

Before disabling TR, I would look over the ECU virtual torque tables. If it's stock add 10% to the bottom row from 1800 rpm on up and interpolate vertical, extrapolate, calculate. Do that for airmass and map for both fuels. If VVT is disabled then you only need to worry about the 0 degree cam angle. If it still has VVT then you will have to modify for 0,7,15 degree intake angles if stock cam or 0, 7 degree if it has a 4 degree limiter vvt cam.

Next is go to the minimum spark table and remove the negative spark. I start around 4 degrees from 400 rpm and blend up to 10 degrees. That will keep the ECU from pulling a bunch of timing on shift.

Lastly is the TCM tune. Speed Control terminate- immediate. Then max out all the torque by gear tables and max trans torque.

Leave torque reduction enabled for now. Only turn that off when you have a good tire on the back or it will break the tires loose on the shifts. In cold weather I would leave it enabled regardless.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #7
Kerry

King thanks so very much. Thats a ton of info and will take me a while to completely figure out. Im still learning and what and where everything is. Timing and pe is easy but theres alot more to gm for sure. You have given me what I need to get started and im sure it will even help in other areas. Baby steps THANKS!!!