Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-23-2021, 10:24 AM   #1
paradigm

Drives: 2022 Camaro 1SS 1LE
help choosing a dealer in NY / NJ / PA / CT

Looking to order a 2022 LT1. Can anyone suggest a dealer in NY / NJ / PA / CT that is selling at MSRP?

I am reading that certain dealers can get these cars in faster than others due to allocations?
paradigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Bearded_Seamonkey

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Wind Gap Chevrolet in Wind Gap, PA sells at MSRP when ordering C8s and ZL1s. I would assume the same for an LT1 but not 100% sure. Great experience buying from them.

https://www.windgapchevy.com/
2000 Corvette
Bearded_Seamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #3
KorryB

Drives: All Chebby right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded_Seamonkey View Post
Wind Gap Chevrolet in Wind Gap, PA sells at MSRP when ordering C8s and ZL1s. I would assume the same for an LT1 but not 100% sure. Great experience buying from them.

https://www.windgapchevy.com/
I sort of *interviewed* a handful of dealers and that's where I have mine on order.

Experienced zero nonsense there. Unlike some others. Only 10 minutes away from me as well.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:36 PM   #4
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
CT - Terryville
NJ - Bellavia

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:33 PM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtor_ZL1 View Post
CT - Terryville
When I was shopping, at the very beginning of the pandemic, they had a BUNCH of Camaros on the lot. While their "all-in" price that they offered me for two cars they had sitting on the lot wasn't awful, they were optioned very differently than cars sitting on any other lots out there (they used an odd combo of things). Right now, they are jacking the price UP on new Camaros they have or are in transit, so I don't think you have a shot at getting a decent price from them.

My brother bought a Silverado from them a number of years back (it was on the lot) and supposedly got a really great deal (he was thrilled with the pricing), but I never got a sense that their overall customer service was actually any good.

Once the pandemic became an ongoing thing, I really never saw any Camaros on their lot. No idea if they would actually get any sort of allocation to be able to order one.

I've dealt a number of times with a different CT dealer, in a different 'district' from Terryville, over a number of questions and some items that needed to be addressed. I've been pretty happy with them, but haven't yet explored the potential of ordering a car through them yet as all of my experience with them has been on the service / body shop side of the house.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #6
grkjet

Drives: 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia/2022 LT1 otw
Bergey Chevrolet is where I ordered my car from. Dealing with a saleman named Max.

They agreed to sell to me at MSRP.
grkjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 08:50 PM   #7
Geese1

Drives: 2022 2SS 1LE - 2023 Mazda3 Turbo
I've ordered my car from A. Crivelli Chevrolet Subaru in Franklin, PA. They're selling me the car at $500 off MSRP, but of course I worked at the dealership from 2004 to 2015, and have probably bought like 8 or 9 cars from them. If I didn't have that connection, I'm not sure if I could still get that kind of a deal.
Geese1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 11:55 PM   #8
xmonger

Drives: Too many
I was interested in ordering a LT1 as well. Interesting that people are ordering at MSRP. I can understand picking something off the lot at MSRP but on an order? during the winter?

With Dodge you can order a Challenger or Charger at 5% off invoice, a TRX or 392 Wrangler at 7-9k off MSRP.

What is going on with the Camaro? I had a supplier discount but it appears useless.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:35 AM   #9
Fast4wd

Drives: 2022 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmonger View Post
I was interested in ordering a LT1 as well. Interesting that people are ordering at MSRP. I can understand picking something off the lot at MSRP but on an order? during the winter?

With Dodge you can order a Challenger or Charger at 5% off invoice, a TRX or 392 Wrangler at 7-9k off MSRP.

What is going on with the Camaro? I had a supplier discount but it appears useless.
Are you sure about that? Almost every single car for sale right now is msrp or more. TRX and 392 are top trim models, you'd be able to sell at a profit if you could purchase that far below sticker.
Fast4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #10
Kevin0311

Drives: Chevy ss sedan, 22 ZL1 vert
Local dealer in late September said would order at msrp, went to order beginning of November and wanted 5000 above msrp to order. Second ordered car in past 5 years would have been so much for repeat customer. Found exactly what i wanted in another state 520 miles away at msrp, went and got it next day and didn’t have to wait 6 months. Dealer that changed their toon is in Catskill NY. Many dealers east of Mississippi want above msrp for intransit/ on lot and wont move i attempted on 2 other close matches before finding mine.
Kevin0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:54 PM   #11
xmonger

Drives: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4wd View Post
Are you sure about that? Almost every single car for sale right now is msrp or more. TRX and 392 are top trim models, you'd be able to sell at a profit if you could purchase that far below sticker.
Yep, I recently ordered and picked up a Wranger 4xe at Gupton Motors in TN for $5k under MSRP and 7500 tax credit. I can flip for close to $10k today if I wanted, but love the car and am keeping it.

There is a dealer in PA doing similar deals across the Dodge/Jeep line. The 392s aren't guaranteed as he is over allocation now, but the others are a good bet.
xmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:18 PM   #12
super_sxxy322

Drives: '22 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Healey Chevrolet - Middletown, NY

Ask for Greg McGinnis. Tell him Nugget sent you. Yes, Nugget. The nickname given to me when I was a weee 19yo starting in the biz back in 2003 He's the only sales guy left from my days there. He'll know exactly who sent ya! Can't promise you anything, but I know they're getting allocations.
super_sxxy322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 12:13 PM   #13
DoctorJedi

Drives: Toyota Camry
McDermott im CT I paid MSRP.
DoctorJedi is offline   Reply With Quote