Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-18-2021, 02:24 PM   #29
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
What excellent marketing has Dodge done?
Lol

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:30 PM   #30
Orange ss

Drives: 19 camaro19mustang72 chevelle 67pon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
Dodge and their excellent marketing.
Like gas monkey?
Orange ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 09:48 PM   #31
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Wall Street disagrees with you.
Sales numbers don't.
Old 11-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #32
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Lol
Elaborate please. Other than TV advertising which is only a small portion of what marketing actually is I was looking what excellent marketing Dodge has done. Serious question for discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Sales numbers don't.
You don’t recall GM claiming 10 years ago that they were no longer about sales but PROFIT? You may have missed that and GM remains HUGELY profitable. So for GM? Your metric isn’t what they are using. And it’s why we don’t see TV commercials for the Camaro. They want more profit not more sales. And putting bigger discounts on Camaro or paying for TV commercials might lead to more sales just not more profit. But most (see above) don’t get that.

What everyone is chasing is Tesla’s stock price. Tesla is just now profitable building and selling cars. Up until last year they made money selling credits to Stellantis (which include Dodge). Yet Tesla has a market cap 20x higher than GM. Notice the GM stock bump when they announced going 100% EV by 2030?
Old 11-19-2021, 08:05 AM   #33
Zone5

Drives: Camaro ZL1, Dodge TRX
Quote:
Wall Street disagrees with you.
What excellent marketing has Dodge done?
What does "Wall Street disagrees with you" mean? Is there some article you're referring to? How about citing the reference. Success in the car industry is measured by sales. How much money does a car company net from the sale of a car, and how many units do they sell. Those are the metrics Wall Street would be concerned with.

Next, so where is the Camaro marketing? I haven't seen a Camaro ad in years. But we've all seen the Ricky Bobby ads that Dodge has done. Also, Dodge has zero % APR loans for well qualified buyers. Chevrolet does not. Where's Chevy's Marketing?

And the crap others mentioned about Dodge cars being repossessed more than Chevrolets. I can promise you that it's not Hellcats and Redeyes. Current lending standards for cars that cost more than any Camaro demand the highest credit ratings. Higher for a $90,000 car (Challenger Redeye Widebody) than a $75,000 car (Camaro ZLE).

If you're going to compare the cars, the companies, and their Marketing efforts, how about some facts.
Zone5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 09:13 AM   #34
Vettethret

Drives: 2023 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
Here is yet another reason why Dodge is leading. They are doing stuff that "can't be done" in today's business model.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp

Maybe gm (not GM) should take notes so they can sell some cars...
I had a 2018 Hellcat. I put 345 PS4s on the back, and still couldn't get traction, STOCK! They are great cars and A LOT of fun to drive, but the interior is dated (Platform needs a major redesign), and they don't turn well. You are absolutely right though, as old as the Challenger/Charger platform is, their marketing and raw power sells!

2023 ZL1 1LE 19" BC Forged RS45- 325/345 Toyo R888R, KPMF Satin Pearl Wrap, GT Huas Exhaust. Incoming- Girodisc- Heads/Cam
Vettethret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:04 PM   #35
Chippy
BanHamWatch

Drives: 21 ZL1 1LE
https://youtu.be/peMOJJkDjLQ
Lol ever seen anything like this from GM
Old 11-19-2021, 03:37 PM   #36
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Elaborate please. Other than TV advertising which is only a small portion of what marketing actually is I was looking what excellent marketing Dodge has done. Serious question for discussion.
Other than TV advertising? That is Mission Impossible for GM, right?

Dodge advertises in publications, online and TV commercials. They create constant hype with new models (Mission Impossible for GM) with new trims, engines and application specific drag racing packages.

They stuff 392s and Hellcats in Challenger, Charger, Wranglers, Deranges, RAM…….

Even my dog knows what a Hellcat is

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 11-19-2021 at 05:38 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:28 PM   #37
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chippy View Post
https://youtu.be/peMOJJkDjLQ
Lol ever seen anything like this from GM
Never saw that but that is exactly why Dodge is doing so well with an old platform. They understand their audience and it shows in their sales.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:39 PM   #38
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Dodge's Hellcat ads can revert asystole. We use them in hospitals. If we see asystole, we turn on a Hellcat commercial and the heart starts pumping again!! LOL!!

Dodge has amazing ads and they gave out amazing deals...like the Dodge Dollar Days event or whatever it was called.

Even now they are giving away 25 Hellcats in 8 weeks. No other company is doing that or can do that.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:50 PM   #39
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Respect to the Hellcat looks and power. I would daily drive a 69 Camaro if updated with a M6, LT4, AC and modern suspension so I don’t think a Kitty would be much different although loved the ZL1 I had. Never had a Dodge but I love their commercials and the Horse Power days brochure they sent last year as advertising may go on the garage wall some day. They know how to market to car guys.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #40
Corky

Drives: 2019 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange ss View Post
House boat
I"ll take the Demon...It's way more fun than a house..LOL...
I was at Maple Grove Raceway and watched a guy smoking a cigar leave the car show area with his Demon.. Proceeded to roll up to the tree with the windows up and the AC on...Still smoking the stogie.. Roasted the track and had to peddle it at the other end to keep from getting thrown off the track..{No rollbar, don't come back until we see one}..Then come back to the show and park it like he went for a loaf of bread...My buddy looked at me and said "we're doing it all wrong aren't we ??".....LOL...
Old 11-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #41
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
its the demographic...dodge drivers have more fun.ask farmer fran...
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:49 PM   #42
Village Idiot

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS
Everyone talking about Dodge’s advertising, but did you guys forget about this gem?

https://youtu.be/ZMfhpH-lihM
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote