Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

AWE Tuning

Old 10-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #1
Lmndaid

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro SS
***Inspect your items before installing***

This is very f..ed up, received my SW cat back system from these guys installed the system unfortunately did not take the plastic wrapping off the tips and when i did, after instlled, discovered they were dented. Took pictures of boxed and tips and no luck getting a them swapped because they were installed on the car. Never buying anything from these guys again.

Last edited by Lmndaid; 10-26-2020 at 03:38 PM.
Lmndaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
First - I understand your frustration to find damages goods once it's too late.

Was it damaged during shipping? The vendor can not control damage done during shipping. Have you ever seen how much shipping packages get tossed about by the delivery companies? It's amazing that anything makes it undamaged.

It's a hard lesson to learn that one must always fully inspect something for damage before installing. I have had good service with Phastek for what it is worth.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Lmndaid

They guy i spoke with tools me that from inspection that they agree that it was damaged in shipping. I would understand they couldn’t replace them if they could resell them. But who is going to buy them damaged.
Old 10-14-2020, 09:53 PM   #4
Jb54

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS M6
I agree with you!! That is very poor service on their part. They should replace your tips and eat it! You spent a lot of money on that system. Now I will always remember that, when I'm looking for parts in the future. Thanks for the info! I would try the manufacturer and see if they would replace them for you.
Jb54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #5
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Phasetek has a pretty good reputation around here.

Any vendor orders parts from a manufacturer. These are usually either drop shipped, or shipped from the vendors warehouse. Once they are boxed up at the factory, typically no one ever sees them again until the customer opens the box.

The thing to be learned here, is that whenever you receive parts, to immediately open the box and inspect the parts. This way, if it is damaged, you have recourse and so does the vendor.

At this point since you already installed the part, the reasonable assumption from the vendor, the shipper, and the manufacturer is that you inspected, at least looked at the part, before installing.

Once the part is installed, the more reasonable assumption, is that the part may have been damaged at some point during installation or after use. So I can see their position.

I wouldn't call this poor customer service, I would just call it reasonable business practice. Should've checked it before you put it on.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Most places, if not ALL places, will not accept an item once it has been installed. In fact, the only time I know of that a company might accept an item back after it was installed is if there were fitment issues. And even then it is more of a manufacturer issue I would assume. So I would not think that Phastek deserves this type of a callout when they are pretty decent and one of the top vendors.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #7
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Most places, if not ALL places, will not accept an item once it has been installed. In fact, the only time I know of that a company might accept an item back after it was installed is if there were fitment issues. And even then it is more of a manufacturer issue I would assume. So I would not think that Phastek deserves this type of a callout when they are pretty decent and one of the top vendors.
Yeah, this is a sh!tty situation for the OP. That said, it isn't Phastek's fault the OP didn't inspect before installing.

Hopefully a lesson has been learned here, and the greater community knows Phastek has been a great Vendor since the 5th Gen days, one of my preferred local shops too.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:20 AM   #8
Lmndaid

Lesson learned, “inspect your parts before installing”. I had the exhaust laid out on the floor and the only thing I didn’t inspect was the tip, which were wrapped in shrink wrap. I do understand that the Phasteck did nothing wrong, they were acting on manufacturer’s response. Stainless needs to beef up their parts packing specially the tips. A bunch of card board pieces inside the box with heavy steel parts in it, doesn’t cut it.
One thing to note though, it freegen sounds great, i absolutely love it.

I hope Stainless Works at least used foam forming packaging on the tips, it will eliminate these issues.

BTW, i was thinking of selling the stock exhaust, where do you post ebay, amazon. Nothing in here?. I had a quick look here and couldn’t find anything.

My apologies to Phasteck, i was really POed about the whole situation and you were the first point of contact.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:53 AM   #9
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
Sorry for the very late chime in, just seeing this.

This is an unfortunate situation that we do not like dealing with anymore then customers like going through. Getting new parts and finding out they are damaged (before or after install) is never fun for anyone.

I truly do apologize for this situation. If there was anything our support staff could have done to get the muffler replaced they would have. Since the system was installed typically manufacturers will consider that to be an customer owned system if there was no prior contact about an issue.

I am fairly positive that if we were contacted about the damage prior to the installation they would have swapped the muffler. Since the tips are welded onto the Stainless Works system you purchased, its a challenge to get them replaced, so sending a simple tip replacement is hard to justify when it cant be welded properly by the staff that assembles the kits daily.

Looking through all the details I do see that our staff was acting on the manufacturers response but what I also see is that our representative approved a refund to you for your troubles. That refund came from us, the manufacturer did not approve anything and we did not file any claim with the shipping company (this would have turned into a long headache for everyone).

Again, this is an unfortunate situation and we do apologize for it. I hope that we can later earn your business again to show you that things don't always end this way. We do our best to make sure everyone is happy with their purchase.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Sales@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:01 AM   #10
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
to the OP: you should change the title of this thread.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #11
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post

To everyone else... they should do their business with Phastek..
Old 10-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #12
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

To everyone else... they should do their business with Phastek..
+10

The title is a total eyesore in addition to representing completely undeserved criticism to potential buyers, no question about it. I think this is the rare case that warrants a change by moderators.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #13
Lmndaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
+10

The title is a total eyesore in addition to representing completely undeserved criticism to potential buyers, no question about it. I think this is the rare case that warrants a change by moderators.

Done.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:45 PM   #14
Lmndaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
Sorry for the very late chime in, just seeing this.

This is an unfortunate situation that we do not like dealing with anymore then customers like going through. Getting new parts and finding out they are damaged (before or after install) is never fun for anyone.

I truly do apologize for this situation. If there was anything our support staff could have done to get the muffler replaced they would have. Since the system was installed typically manufacturers will consider that to be an customer owned system if there was no prior contact about an issue.

I am fairly positive that if we were contacted about the damage prior to the installation they would have swapped the muffler. Since the tips are welded onto the Stainless Works system you purchased, its a challenge to get them replaced, so sending a simple tip replacement is hard to justify when it cant be welded properly by the staff that assembles the kits daily.

Looking through all the details I do see that our staff was acting on the manufacturers response but what I also see is that our representative approved a refund to you for your troubles. That refund came from us, the manufacturer did not approve anything and we did not file any claim with the shipping company (this would have turned into a long headache for everyone).

Again, this is an unfortunate situation and we do apologize for it. I hope that we can later earn your business again to show you that things don't always end this way. We do our best to make sure everyone is happy with their purchase.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Thank you Ricardo, I did received an email about the $100 refund i will definitely use it. I will have to fix the tips (cut and reweld) in the future. Perhaps you could put in the word to SW to through in set of tip?

Last edited by Lmndaid; 10-26-2020 at 03:56 PM.