Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-18-2019, 10:31 AM   #1
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Someone is in a hurry to pay off the new boat...

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/12/17/...-shelby-gt500/

HURRY! Get a GT500 for only $169,999!
95 imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Serves them right. Because since 2015 the Ford guys have been defending markups claiming that the GT350 and GT350R were worth $5K, $10K, $15K, and up to $25K over MSRP. Now look where that got them. Instead of them all agreeing to NOT buy any Shelby if there is a markup, they just had to have the car. And the GT500 is following along the same path. On some of the C8 pages we all agreed not to pay markups. And we flag the dealerships that charge markups while promoting the ones that are not. So we don't have these problems. Like I tell people, you can always walk out of a dealership. You don't HAVE to pay what they charge.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 12:47 PM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
While some dont, I do agree with you Blaq. Ford would have to have their heads up their A's to not see the money paid on 350's, and mark up the 500 a bit. We have no proof, but I think the writing is on the wall, $100K CFTP cough cough.

I think it is awesome that they are talking about it on autoblog, and hope to see more making this public and naming the dealers. I can't open the article at work, but I hope they smeared the crap out of that dealer for tacking on such an unacceptable markup.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #4
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Anyone who pays for any markup on a vehicle either has money to burn or isn't very smart. The only reason I deal with the depreciation of buying a new car is my love affair with automobiles. A markup on top of depreciation is absolutely crazy, regardless of the make or model.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #5
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
... I think the writing is on the wall, $100K CFTP cough cough.
What is CFTP?
17rsvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:02 PM   #6
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
What is CFTP?
There are two versions of the GT500. The cheaper one is the Base GT500 which we all call the "Base GT500". The more expensive one is the Carbon Fiber Track Package or "CFTP" or "CF". It is basically an $18K package added on to the Base.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:52 PM   #7
SlitherByU

Drives: 2018 GT350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Serves them right. Because since 2015 the Ford guys have been defending markups claiming that the GT350 and GT350R were worth $5K, $10K, $15K, and up to $25K over MSRP. Now look where that got them. Instead of them all agreeing to NOT buy any Shelby if there is a markup, they just had to have the car. And the GT500 is following along the same path. On some of the C8 pages we all agreed not to pay markups. And we flag the dealerships that charge markups while promoting the ones that are not. So we don't have these problems. Like I tell people, you can always walk out of a dealership. You don't HAVE to pay what they charge.
You're being kinda hypocritical. The 15 Hellcats... The C7 Z when it first came out... Now they can't give either one of those cars away without a 30% drop off MSRP.

I personally know a guy who paid $90k for a plain white 15 Hellcat.
Old 12-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #8
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I am curious to see what my local dealer puts as a markup on the GT500 when they get some in.

I am going to say at least 25-30K at least and they will be happy to have it sit and collect dust in the showroom behind a velvet rope
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:25 PM   #9
MATEOLT1SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 10-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I am curious to see what my local dealer puts as a markup on the GT500 when they get some in.

I am going to say at least 25-30K at least and they will be happy to have it sit and collect dust in the showroom behind a velvet rope
Just like the GT350 R at my work place LOL. I cant wait to get a new GT500 in so I can see the ridiculousness. I mean we're selling premium GT's for 60k+
MATEOLT1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 03:11 PM   #10
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlitherByU View Post
You're being kinda hypocritical. The 15 Hellcats... The C7 Z when it first came out... Now they can't give either one of those cars away without a 30% drop off MSRP.

I personally know a guy who paid $90k for a plain white 15 Hellcat.
You're still kinda new here...but no I'm not being hypocritical. Everyone here, besides you, has seen me criticize the Hellcat guys for paying markups as well. However there were no markups on the C7 Zs when they first came out. If any dealership did charge markups on those cars then they were few and far between. I can name at least 5 dealerships local to my area that had C7 Zs all selling at MSRP. And it was probably only for the first year and a small markup and that is IF it happened at all.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #11
shaffe

Quote:
You're still kinda new here...but no I'm not being hypocritical. Everyone here, besides you, has seen me criticize the Hellcat guys for paying markups as well. However there were no markups on the C7 Zs when they first came out. If any dealership did charge markups on those cars then they were few and far between. I can name at least 5 dealerships local to my area that had C7 Zs all selling at MSRP. And it was probably only for the first year and a small markup and that is IF it happened at all.
He's not lying. He has been very critical of anyone paying markups on anything. Blaq has been 100% consistent with that.

I don't remember if my local dealers charged markups on C7 Z or not. I know some other vehicles the GM dealers have had markups for a little. The Z/28 had them, and a few dealers tried with the ZLE before discounting them
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 12-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #12
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
He's not lying. He has been very critical of anyone paying markups on anything. Blaq has been 100% consistent with that.
Yep. 100% Truth. 169k for a Mustang is ridiculous. Why anyone would pay extra money for the privilege of driving a Ford (or Dodge or GM) is something I will never understand.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:13 PM   #13
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

I don't remember if my local dealers charged markups on C7 Z or not. I know some other vehicles the GM dealers have had markups for a little. The Z/28 had them, and a few dealers tried with the ZLE before discounting them
Thanks. As you know, I had nothing good to say about the Z28 when it came out. Other than that it was kinda cool that it could do low 12s in the quarter mile and therefore keep up with the 580 HP supercharged ZL1 and that on a specific track it managed to best the GTR. However I thought it was high priced and did not offer much in the way of functionality. If you bought one, you were basically spending a load of money on a car that had no use off the track. Anyone who paid markups for that car must have regretted it almost immediately considering they did not sell well at all and were subsequently discounted. And the same thing happened with the Hellcat guys. paying $80K+ for Hellcats that now, 2-3 years later, are barely worth $45K with little mileage on them. People paid markups on the GT350 and GT350Rs as well and now you can find a non-R for $45K and a used R for not much more than that. None of these cars retain value. They don't. Even if they do stay at MSRP, the money itself loses value AND whatever you paid in markups is just gone. But to each their own.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:57 AM   #14
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadicus View Post
Yep. 100% Truth. 169k for a Mustang is ridiculous. Why anyone would pay extra money for the privilege of driving a Ford (or Dodge or GM) is something I will never understand.
That kind of markup is one of two things to me.

1. That dealer is using it as a way to get attention - the old saying any publicity is good publicity. I would hope no one in the right mind even if they had generational wealth would pay that.

2. They really think someone would pay that

Quote:
Thanks. As you know, I had nothing good to say about the Z28 when it came out. Other than that it was kinda cool that it could do low 12s in the quarter mile and therefore keep up with the 580 HP supercharged ZL1 and that on a specific track it managed to best the GTR. However I thought it was high priced and did not offer much in the way of functionality. If you bought one, you were basically spending a load of money on a car that had no use off the track. Anyone who paid markups for that car must have regretted it almost immediately considering they did not sell well at all and were subsequently discounted. And the same thing happened with the Hellcat guys. paying $80K+ for Hellcats that now, 2-3 years later, are barely worth $45K with little mileage on them. People paid markups on the GT350 and GT350Rs as well and now you can find a non-R for $45K and a used R for not much more than that. None of these cars retain value. They don't. Even if they do stay at MSRP, the money itself loses value AND whatever you paid in markups is just gone. But to each their own.

To many people with deep pockets that just have to have stuff now. To many of the "collector" types that think bc they are only making them for a few years they will be worth big bucks in 15-20 years. My theory is it's all Barret Jackson's fault lol. After some stupid money started getting spent on cars everyone with a classic car thought it was worth big bucks and now some people think these modern cars will be worth big bucks in the future.