Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 01-22-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Trufiber carbon parts coming soon!

Normally known in the industry for Mustang and Corvette I approached them to make some carbon parts for the Camaro. They were hesitant since some of the 5th gen stuff didn't sell well but, they are giving it a go..

Parts ready not on web yet since I'm still in test fit phase.

ZL1 1LE splitter
ZL1 1LE Bezels
ZL1 1LE Canards

Parts that are being produced now..

ZL1, ZL1 1LE side skits
ZL1, ZL1 1LE Diffuser
SS/ZL1 Camaro coil covers
SS/ZL1 Radiator over
Stereo cover
Steering wheel covers
Door handle covers
Upper and lower dash not covers
Center console no cover

If the above sell well they plan to do

Doors
Trunk lid
Zl1 fenders that will have correct width bracket
ZL1 1LE wing
Some type of hood

I been to there warehouse in Houston its huge a lot of carbon parts and alot fiber glass hoods for many types of cars.

Here's some pics of what I have so far to come... Really Really good quality.
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:43 AM   #2
WCKD 1LE

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I'm into this, they need Dive planes and replacement for the LED running lights for the SS Camaro.
WCKD 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 09:31 AM   #3
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I will be very interested to see how they do the side skirts considering that the OEM rockers are one piece up to the seem with the rear quarter (as in part of them is body color). I guessing it will just be a CF cover that goes over the existing skirts, could still look good.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

They are doing the whole 1 piece I guess you can paint the top portion or leave it carbon... similar to what the 5th gens guys did when they put zl1 side skirts on ss's I asked them to make a cover if it was to difficult..

I just hate having carbon everywhere but the rockers. I know Anderson was playing with the idea they said the tabs break to easy, they even tried ss skirts with bolt on carbon zl1 looks but, they probably wanted all carbon to. I was also going to switch side skirts with the wife and put hers on my zl1 the buy the c7 zl1 style for the ss but, now there will be a option for zl1's

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
Old 01-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #5
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
They are doing the whole 1 piece I guess you can paint the top portion or leave it carbon... similar to what the 5th gens guys did when they put zl1 side skirts on ss's I asked them to make a cover if it was to difficult..

I just hate having carbon everywhere but the rockers. I know Anderson was playing with the idea they said the tabs break to easy, they even tried ss skirts with bolt on carbon zl1 looks but, they probably wanted all carbon to. I was also going to switch side skirts with the wife and put hers on my zl1 the buy the c7 zl1 style for the ss but, now there will be a option for zl1's
That makes more sense, and they could just make them identical to the OEM rockers and you would use the same clips, and let me say from experience they do break really easy, but they are just cheap plastic clips after all. I hate the look of bolt on skirts that's why I took the slightly more expensive route of the OEM ZL1 rockers, so I'd saying trying to do the entire piece first is the right call, hope they come out nice.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #6
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Lets see if the corvette tax translates too. Because I saw the corvette parts and they are really really expensive considering what they are and how other brands price similar parts.

Corvette owners are already used to paying overpriced for things... Camaro owners not so much.
Old 01-23-2019, 10:47 AM   #7
DarkFangz1100

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Tell them to make fenders >_> that look like bumblebee XD
Old 01-23-2019, 02:18 PM   #8
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Man I would kill for some carbon fenders for the ZL1 like ACS makes for the SS.

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 02:48 PM   #9
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

How many people would be interested you think? Anyway to start a pole? And price target? I may get them to do a trunk with holes that has supports for 1le wing to.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #10
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
I would 100% buy a set of fenders if they look like acs's.

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:11 AM   #11
chriscamaro69z28
army life

Drives: 2018 hyper blue zl1
I like those valve covers any idea on prices and when available
Old 01-26-2019, 08:47 AM   #12
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

I know the vettes are 700.00 from all vendors like katech, LG morons, and few other not sure on any prices yet..

Old 05-01-2019, 09:23 AM   #13
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Real Carbon Side skirts covers.. the real replacement part will be available if people show interest however I didn't want to mess with painting like i had to do on my 5th gen since part of the skirt goes up about a 1/4 on the pannel.

We now have a way to match the diffuser and front splitter w aero pkg now.. I thought it was silly to buy the Anderson stuff and have no side skirts to match.. or even the lower carbon grill and no upper. Hopefully work on that lol!
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #14
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquem View Post
I would 100% buy a set of fenders if they look like acs's.
They said it would be easy I need to look for some panels to take to them.

I finally got the dash and center console to them to start making a complete replacement part of course you use your buttons and switches over.