Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #15
benjj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Ive had a couple GT500s in the pasted and was excited at the beginng, but I'm with you. They screwed around too much. Im over it, and it isnt even here yet. I feel the same about the Bronco we've been hearing about for at least the last five years.
I really dug the 2 door bronco concept. I would have seriously considered one depending on what powertrains were available but all the latest details are pointing to it being 4 door only and based off some shitty Isuzu looking thing.
benjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:46 PM   #16
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Again I say MSRP doesn't matter if you can't get one for that price. Whether Ford sets MSRP at $100K or at $70K and every dealership marks it up to $100K, it still costs $100K. We'll see but I'm not looking to buy one until I know all the details.
I will argue that point with you forver lol. If ford sets the MSRP at a fair price and it dominates than it is a success.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:28 PM   #17
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
There is no point in making this comparison. The MSRP will be in the $70's. Dealer mark up will be min $25k, putting it into GTR territory. I'd rather buy a GTR. But, can't wait to see it when it comes out. I'd buy one at MSRP all day, esp if it has the A10.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #18
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
My hope is that Ford builds the new 500 to be a Street/Strip Terror. Let the GT350 play the track role.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #19
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I had one of the first 2013 GT500s to roll off the line. 662hp, dyno'd at 600rwhp stock. The car looked and sounded like a beast and at 3860lbs it was great on paper. First day I took it to the track and I realized GT500s are not track cars. (Then I spent tons of money trying to turn it into one... fail)

I believe this GT500 will be no different. It will be a 1/4 mile king and a serious modding platform. It will look and sound the part. It will be better at the track than a Hellcat but I am fairly certain it's not going to be an All-Star like the ZL1 or a Track-Star like the ZL1 1LE.

GT350 is and always will be the Mustang track car.

(my opinion)

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:17 AM   #20
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
I had one of the first 2013 GT500s to roll off the line. 662hp, dyno'd at 600rwhp stock. The car looked and sounded like a beast and at 3860lbs it was great on paper. First day I took it to the track and I realized GT500s are not track cars. (Then I spent tons of money trying to turn it into one... fail)

I believe this GT500 will be no different. It will be a 1/4 mile king and a serious modding platform. It will look and sound the part. It will be better at the track than a Hellcat but I am fairly certain it's not going to be an All-Star like the ZL1 or a Track-Star like the ZL1 1LE.

(my opinion)
Funny thing with these ZL1 1LEs, they are slow in the 1/4 mile and I would guess street action. Other funny thing is many seem to go up for sale shortly after purchase. So Ford please cater to your base and not MT and C&D, build the 500 to embarrass the competition where people actually use their cars street and strip. Don't worry about track times, build an R model for that.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot

Last edited by newmoon; 12-22-2018 at 12:04 PM.
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #21
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:

(my opinion)
Before I got my 2013 Audi TTRS, I was seriously looking at the GT500 too. I knew it wasn't the handling monster I wanted, so I took a trip to Griggs racing and met with him and even got a ride in their GR40 car, I almost went that route, but the TTRS won be over.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #22
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Funny thing with these ZL1 1LEs, they are slow in the 1/4 mile and I would guess street action. Other funny thing is many seem to go up for sale shortly after purchase. So Ford please cater to your base and not MT and C&D, build the 500 to embarrass the competition where people actually use their cars street and strip. Don't worry about track times, build an R model for that.
I couldn't disagree more. But everyone has their own interest for cars. The ZL1 1LE is not meant for drag races. Some of us like to track our cars.

Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
Old 12-23-2018, 05:33 PM   #23
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. But everyone has their own interest for cars. The ZL1 1LE is not meant for drag races. Some of us like to track our cars.
What exactly are you disagreeing with?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #24
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The ZL1 1LE is far from slow in the quarter mile. Considering that it is a manual trans, and seeing what other cars with similar HP/TQ, IRS, and a manual trans are doing in the quarter mile, I'd say it is right on par. The problem is that the automatics are just soo much faster in the quarter mile than the manuals. So they seem slower by comparison. Example, all the fast times that people brag about concerning the new GT, those are all automatics. What is the manual trans GT doing? Mid 12s if that? LOL!! Is it slow? The ZL1 1LE is just a few ticks, if that, behind what the 13-14 GT500 was despite the GT500 having a lot more features that were more favorable for quarter mile runs and having more HP and being lighter. Plus GM built safety features into the ZL1s with manual trans to keep them from flying off the road. All that taken into consideration and it is still right on par with a stock Hellcat and the 13-14 GT500s (I mention those because that is the only thing Ford made that was on the same HP level as the ZL1).

These days if you want to compare what is fast then you have to go by what the auto equipped cars will do. I'm betting we'll also see a huge difference with the upcoming GT500 between the auto and manual versions. And if there is an R version that is track bred then I bet it'll be manual trans and I bet it'll be much "slower" than the auto equipped one.

The ZL1 1LE for what it is and can do is nothing short of amazing whether it is the quarter mile or on a track. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again...nothing in it's price range can beat it at anything. That goes for the ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE. Well except for maybe a GS Vette and a 1LZ Z06.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #25
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I guess we could say the same thing about the GT350...that many of them that sold went right up for sale shortly after with very little miles on them. Whether people were disappointed in the performance or whether the engine problems left them disappointed or if people realized that they weren't going to increase in value and thought they should ditch them before they lose any more money than they already did (ADMs) is up for speculation. But these types of cars always end up back at the dealerships with very low miles and only a few months to a year or two later. I bought my 2010 2SS/RS in 2012 with only 10K miles on it for what I thought was a steal. It happens all the time. Which is why some people avoid buying them brand new altogether and just wait until a used one shows up.

The GT500 won't be "embarrassing" anything. It might be faster than the ZL1...exactly how much faster and at exactly what and if the amount that it is faster is proportionate to the HP it will have all still remains to be seen. But you can't "embarrass" a car that is completely unchanged 3-4 MYs after it has been out, lol!! We already know Ford had their hands full trying to match the ZL1 considering they had to push the release date back twice. That shows just how powerful and fast the ZL1 actually is. If anything, it just shows exactly what it takes to outperform a ZL1...3-4 years of development and way more HP. LOL!!
Old 12-24-2018, 01:52 AM   #26
angryBits

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
What exactly are you disagreeing with?
I think BlaqWhole sums it up well below:

Quote:
The ZL1 1LE is far from slow in the quarter mile. Considering that it is a manual trans, and seeing what other cars with similar HP/TQ, IRS, and a manual trans are doing in the quarter mile, I'd say it is right on par. The problem is that the automatics are just soo much faster in the quarter mile than the manuals. So they seem slower by comparison. Example, all the fast times that people brag about concerning the new GT, those are all automatics. What is the manual trans GT doing? Mid 12s if that? LOL!! Is it slow? The ZL1 1LE is just a few ticks, if that, behind what the 13-14 GT500 was despite the GT500 having a lot more features that were more favorable for quarter mile runs and having more HP and being lighter. Plus GM built safety features into the ZL1s with manual trans to keep them from flying off the road. All that taken into consideration and it is still right on par with a stock Hellcat and the 13-14 GT500s (I mention those because that is the only thing Ford made that was on the same HP level as the ZL1).

These days if you want to compare what is fast then you have to go by what the auto equipped cars will do. I'm betting we'll also see a huge difference with the upcoming GT500 between the auto and manual versions. And if there is an R version that is track bred then I bet it'll be manual trans and I bet it'll be much "slower" than the auto equipped one.

The ZL1 1LE for what it is and can do is nothing short of amazing whether it is the quarter mile or on a track. I've said it many times before and I'll say it again...nothing in it's price range can beat it at anything. That goes for the ZL1 and the ZL1 1LE. Well except for maybe a GS Vette and a 1LZ Z06.
Quote:
I guess we could say the same thing about the GT350...that many of them that sold went right up for sale shortly after with very little miles on them. Whether people were disappointed in the performance or whether the engine problems left them disappointed or if people realized that they weren't going to increase in value and thought they should ditch them before they lose any more money than they already did (ADMs) is up for speculation. But these types of cars always end up back at the dealerships with very low miles and only a few months to a year or two later. I bought my 2010 2SS/RS in 2012 with only 10K miles on it for what I thought was a steal. It happens all the time. Which is why some people avoid buying them brand new altogether and just wait until a used one shows up.

The GT500 won't be "embarrassing" anything. It might be faster than the ZL1...exactly how much faster and at exactly what and if the amount that it is faster is proportionate to the HP it will have all still remains to be seen. But you can't "embarrass" a car that is completely unchanged 3-4 MYs after it has been out, lol!! We already know Ford had their hands full trying to match the ZL1 considering they had to push the release date back twice. That shows just how powerful and fast the ZL1 actually is. If anything, it just shows exactly what it takes to outperform a ZL1...3-4 years of development and way more HP. LOL!!
However i still maintain that a 2020 GT500 won't be a track (road course) focused car, I think it will be a powerful street and drag strip car like they've always been. I have a feeling though that this one will be the first GT500 to come with an Auto and it will be the 10spd because its a drag car and no one can deny how much faster an auto is at the drag strip.

Old 12-24-2018, 07:17 AM   #27
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
I think BlaqWhole sums it up well below:

However i still maintain that a 2020 GT500 won't be a track (road course) focused car, I think it will be a powerful street and drag strip car like they've always been. I have a feeling though that this one will be the first GT500 to come with an Auto and it will be the 10spd because its a drag car and no one can deny how much faster an auto is at the drag strip.
They will put the A10 in it as an option. Whether or not there is a R version is another question. Considering the amount of time remaining in the S550 Gen I doubt it. We would have heard something already if it was going to be released for 2020. Which means an R version would have to wait until 2021 at which point it will basically be a 1 MY thing. If it does then there is no way anyone will get it anywhere even close to whatever MSRP will be. Which means the only good it'll do is to put dolla billz in the dealership's hands since they're gonna charge soo much ADM for it that it'll never be worth what people will pay for it. That is how that will go.

On the flip side of that coin, I think the GT500 will actually help improve ZL1 sales. Why? Because all the peple who are holding out for one will be disappointed when they see $20K (minimum) markups. So that will drive them right over to the Chevy lot for a nice brand new ZL1 that doesn't have markups and all that nonsense associated with it. Or maybe even a nice used one for even less. Or a Redeye. Kinda ironic tho that dealership greed will drive up the opposition's sales. I mean, what else are they gonna get...a Bullitt?? LOL!! People can trash talk ZL1s all they want. But the fact remains that if you want a mega HP car then the ZL1 is the absolute best bang for the buck on the planet.
Old 12-24-2018, 08:03 AM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

The quote of the year right there. ^^^

The Alpha SS embarrassed the GT. In manual and auto forms, they weren’t even close. Three model years into Alpha Camaro, a substantial redesign of the GT resulted in a drivers race edge for the A10, the M6 still trailing by three to four tenths, a failed PP1 and a PP2 that can hang for one lap.

The Alpha ZL1 matches a Hellcat at the strip and beats a GT350R on a road course with no drama, grand touring comfort. Ford GT500 delayed ...and delayed and will arrive in the ZL1’s fourth year ...a lifetime in automotive cycles

The ZL1 1LE is in a class by itself. ...as is the SS 1LE

I doubt anyone on team Camaro will feel embarrassed.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 12-24-2018 at 09:24 AM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote