Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #15
cmeJATT

Drives: SS-6-SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
He didn't rev it. I wonder why he didn't rev it. Anyone know why he didn't rev it?
It was 8am ... back was facing my neighbors...

Here's a acceleration video ...

https://instagram.com/p/BS4dzlYj9Of/
cmeJATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #16
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
sounds great
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #17
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmeJATT View Post
It was 8am ... back was facing my neighbors...

Here's a acceleration video ...

https://instagram.com/p/BS4dzlYj9Of/
Damn bro I know that sound really well!

No rasp just pure muscle sound that there. Get them J-pipes on if the drone is annoying you! 26" for 1800-2k drone..

I know with mine, when my boy got on it and I can hear it from a few blocks and I was like damn you know that's a V8 lol

How you like that idle? That's one of the best part of the setup.

https://vid.me/1b0s
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #18
cmeJATT

haha yeah man .. i had it in track mode .. floored it my wife said she could hear the car till i was probably at least 10 blocks away lol..

i'm getting the Jpipe done in 2 weeks or so .. just don't have time to go to the shop because the close at 5pm and i don't leave work till 530 .. gotta figure out a day i can leave early.

car sounds awesome idling!! sounds so mean lol .. like i said my only complain is drone around 2k but once i do jpipe it should be perfect.

not bad for $700 functioning NPP exhaust lol..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
Damn bro I know that sound really well!

No rasp just pure muscle sound that there. Get them J-pipes on if the drone is annoying you! 26" for 1800-2k drone..

I know with mine, when my boy got on it and I can hear it from a few blocks and I was like damn you know that's a V8 lol

How you like that idle? That's one of the best part of the setup.

https://vid.me/1b0s
Old 04-17-2017, 06:57 PM   #19
Teem0s42

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
What size were your super10's? were they 2.50 center in /2.25 dual out?
Teem0s42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:48 PM   #20
cmeJATT

it was 3" inlet and 2.5" outlet

I listed the part number in first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teem0s42 View Post
What size were your super10's? were they 2.50 center in /2.25 dual out?
Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #21
Richard0nee

Shit Thomas I may have gave you the wrong size.. Come to think of it I think it is 3" inlet and 2.5" outlet.

Damn, it's been months so I forgot
Old 04-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #22
Teem0s42

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Thanks man. I'm excited to get these installed.... Hows the drone for you? is it unbearable?
Teem0s42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:36 PM   #23
Illmaticz

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL1-1LE
I was hoping to do something like that. The setup is pretty good for the price as compared to other brands. Sounds dope....
Illmaticz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:51 PM   #24
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
haha yeah man .. i had it in track mode .. floored it my wife said she could hear the car till i was probably at least 10 blocks away lol..

i'm getting the Jpipe done in 2 weeks or so .. just don't have time to go to the shop because the close at 5pm and i don't leave work till 530 .. gotta figure out a day i can leave early.

car sounds awesome idling!! sounds so mean lol .. like i said my only complain is drone around 2k but once i do jpipe it should be perfect.

not bad for $700 functioning NPP exhaust lol..

While I applaud you for being creative, I think without seeing how Flowmaster routes the internals on those mufflers you may be choking down considerably when closing the NPP valves.

Flowmaster uses "V" shaped deflector plates inside of their mufflers in "chambers" in order to quell down the noise, I bet when the NPP closes it is forcing all of the exhaust gas out the other outlet along with the noise. That could cause some pressure issues down the road which could leave to the internal V plates breaking. They are only spot welded into place and it isn't uncommon for the welds on them to break over time.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:32 PM   #25
Richard0nee

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJay74 View Post
While I applaud you for being creative, I think without seeing how Flowmaster routes the internals on those mufflers you may be choking down considerably when closing the NPP valves.

Flowmaster uses "V" shaped deflector plates inside of their mufflers in "chambers" in order to quell down the noise, I bet when the NPP closes it is forcing all of the exhaust gas out the other outlet along with the noise. That could cause some pressure issues down the road which could leave to the internal V plates breaking. They are only spot welded into place and it isn't uncommon for the welds on them to break over time.
I had Flowmasters on my 1997 GT for years and had no problems and know a lot of folks without any issues. Have you seen the V shape deflectors break? Experienced it? I've never heard about the V deflectors breaking and there is a lifetime warranty on these mufflers.

No one product is perfect and I read on Camaro 5 about his Magnaflow mufflers.. the issues was the packing material (stainless steel mesh) inside was coming out the tips and it was unreal. Then there are major problems observed with these mufflers related to cracking around the neck, causing corrosion.

I can find issues with any brand not just Magnaflow (2k+ system for our cars).

Your point is valid and I agree that it can break. But so can our trannys, engines, clutches, etc. Nothing is made perfectly in the real world.

My own experience and two cents
Old 04-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #26
cmeJATT

For a budget exhaust.. its perfect.. i just wish muffler shop would have done a better job with welding .. i'm gonna end up painting the pipes black with high temp paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illmaticz View Post
I was hoping to do something like that. The setup is pretty good for the price as compared to other brands. Sounds dope....
Old 07-14-2017, 08:18 PM   #27
CamaroCasper

Drives: 17' Summit White 1LT NPP RS M6
Will there be drone if you don't get the secondary cats deleted?
CamaroCasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:12 PM   #28
CamaroCasper

Drives: 17' Summit White 1LT NPP RS M6
Quote:
Finally did my exhaust

Exhaust :

Midpipe: FlowMaster 81083
Muffler : FlowMaster 8430152
Tip / Valve : Stock NPP ( cut and welded )
Secondary Cat Delete : Custom Pipe extended Midpipe

Issues : Stock tips rattle. It was doing that with stock NPP. I need to epoxy the pin.

Comments : I like it . Don't love it to say. It's really really deep . If you do not have the secondary cat delete there's nondrone at all. I have slight drone in tour mode at 1400-1700rpm .. at 70mph it's fine .. from 60-69 mph there's drone. If you put it in sport mode .. it's really loud! I mean really loud. Vibrates the ear drums lol.. same amount of drone at cruising speeds because the valves closes then. Safe to assume it will drone with valves being open at cruising speeds ..

Fix : adding a Jpipe to get rid of the drone. Should improve it. I have seen anther member make that comment and it fixed the drone according to him.

Cost:
MidPipe $230
Mufflers $120
Install $250
Total : $600

So overall I can say not bad to spend $600 total with install for full Catback Exhaust while keeping the NPP function

Can you still install this on a v6? The diameters on the v6 2.25 inlet and 2.75 outlet
CamaroCasper is offline   Reply With Quote