Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #197
WhyUMad1LE

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
Installation complete!

I have an AmpPRO that connects to the HMI behind the passenger side dashboard. From there it runs RCAs to a Helix DSP.2, which in turn sends signal to two Mosconi amps. The Mosconi 5.30 powers Audiofrog GS25s and GS690s in the front passenger compartment, as well as a 12TW3 JL StealthBox in the trunk. The second amp, a Mosconi Pico 2, powers Dayton DC130B-4s located in the side panels by the backseat.

Throughout this process, lots of felt rattle tape and Soundskins deadening were used.

I am nearing finalization of my tune. This was achieved using a MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone and Room EQ Wizard software (Windows only). The crossovers are set as follows:
  • 20-55HZ Sub
  • 55-450HZ GS690
  • 450HZ+ GS25
  • 400HZ-7000HZ DC130B (these are attenuated and time delayed to give a 3D effect. Read more here)

I'll post the frequency response curve for the final tune.
Attached Images

WhyUMad1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 04:36 PM   #198
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyUMad1LE View Post
Installation complete!

I have an AmpPRO that connects to the HMI behind the passenger side dashboard. From there it runs RCAs to a Helix DSP.2, which in turn sends signal to two Mosconi amps. The Mosconi 5.30 powers Audiofrog GS25s and GS690s in the front passenger compartment, as well as a 12TW3 JL StealthBox in the trunk. The second amp, a Mosconi Pico 2, powers Dayton DC130B-4s located in the side panels by the backseat.

Throughout this process, lots of felt rattle tape and Soundskins deadening were used.

I am nearing finalization of my tune. This was achieved using a MiniDSP UMIK-1 Microphone and Room EQ Wizard software (Windows only). The crossovers are set as follows:
  • 20-55HZ Sub
  • 55-450HZ GS690
  • 450HZ+ GS25
  • 400HZ-7000HZ DC130B (these are attenuated and time delayed to give a 3D effect. Read more here)

Impressive!!
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:56 PM   #199
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Installation complete!

• 20-55HZ Sub
  • 55-450HZ GS690
  • 450HZ+ GS25

Which AMP PRo (PAC)? model did you use to feed the signals in the DSP?
How many output channels to the DSP does the AMP Pro provide?
Do you have a Bose System originally from the factory (2SS), or the basic 1SS Audio setup (1SS/1LE)?
What about the chime and other signals from the vehicle - can you control them / trun them down/lower?

My DSP is a Mosconi 4-to-6, which I plan to use
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:34 PM   #200
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Impressive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Which AMP PRo (PAC)? model did you use to feed the signals in the DSP?
How many output channels to the DSP does the AMP Pro provide?
Do you have a Bose System originally from the factory (2SS), or the basic 1SS Audio setup (1SS/1LE)?
What about the chime and other signals from the vehicle - can you control them / trun them down/lower?

My DSP is a Mosconi 4-to-6, which I plan to use
AP4-GM61

It gives front LR, rear LR, 1 sub, and 1 center, so 6 channels total. There is also a TOSLINK port if you want to go digital.

1SS 1LE (I am the OP)

There’s a large range of adjustability with the chimes. I made it much quieter than stock but keep in mind the turn signal noise is affected.

That is a good dsp and you should be happy with it. The only thing with that is you will only have one channel for rear fill if you replace the front four speakers and add a sub.
Old 12-28-2021, 07:58 PM   #201
Eldi Z

Quote:

AP4-GM61

It gives front LR, rear LR, 1 sub, and 1 center, so 6 channels total. There is also a TOSLINK port if you want to go digital.

1SS 1LE (I am the OP)

There’s a large range of adjustability with the chimes. I made it much quieter than stock but keep in mind the turn signal noise is affected.

That is a good dsp and you should be happy with it. The only thing with that is you will only have one channel for rear fill if you replace the front four speakers and add a sub.
Thanks for this important input and very good news. So I do not understand why PAC specifically underline the fact that it only works with "Bose" Systems
Quote from their product page online:
- "Must have BOSE factory sound system.
- "Must have Infotainment system RPO code IO5 or IO6 to be compatible."
Anyway, since you proved it works, this is all that matters
Now regarding my 4-to-6 DSP, I plan to feed the 4 inputs from the PAC (Front L/R and Rear L/R) and output from the DSP to the AMPs:
- 4 Channel = to feed the Front and Rear (Component speakers) and
- 2 Channel SUB = To feed a single SubW or 2 SubWoofers (not decided yet).
BtW: Can I use the PAC's internal DSP as well (Does it actually have one?)?
Then I can use the Mosconi (Gladen) 4-to-6 in my other car....
Old 12-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #202
WhyUMad1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Thanks for this important input and very good news. So I do not understand why PAC specifically underline the fact that it only works with "Bose" Systems
Quote from their product page online:
- "Must have BOSE factory sound system.
- "Must have Infotainment system RPO code IO5 or IO6 to be compatible."
Anyway, since you proved it works, this is all that matters
Now regarding my 4-to-6 DSP, I plan to feed the 4 inputs from the PAC (Front L/R and Rear L/R) and output from the DSP to the AMPs:
- 4 Channel = to feed the Front and Rear (Component speakers) and
- 2 Channel SUB = To feed a single SubW or 2 SubWoofers (not decided yet).
BtW: Can I use the PAC's internal DSP as well (Does it actually have one?)?
Then I can use the Mosconi (Gladen) 4-to-6 in my other car....
The only distinction is that AmpPRO makes the radio sound like crap without Bose. All 1SS models regardless of 1LE have IO5 so no problem there.

I would recommend a 6 channel amp to control each speaker individually. The Helix P SIX is a good amp/dsp combination to simplify wiring. Sub amp use whatever you have laying around.

There is no internal DSP with the PAC. All you can adjust is the chime volume and the frequencies of the Bass/Midrange/Treble sliders.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:13 PM   #203
Eldi Z

Quote:
The only distinction is that AmpPRO makes the radio sound like crap without Bose. All 1SS models regardless of 1LE have IO5 so no problem there.

I would recommend a 6 channel amp to control each speaker individually. The Helix P SIX is a good amp/dsp combination to simplify wiring. Sub amp use whatever you have laying around.

There is no internal DSP with the PAC. All you can adjust is the chime volume and the frequencies of the Bass/Midrange/Treble sliders.
OK...So why is the sound of the Radio (only?) crap off the PAC? What about media sources? Do they sound decent off the PAC unit?
I thought that once I feed the 6 x Analog RCAs to my Amplifiers, the sound would be decent (even radio sound).
Can I use (do they have an effect...) the factory HU's Bass, Treble, Mid settings once the PAC unit is connected?
Now lets say I decide to feed the PAC signal to a DSP (my Mosconi 4-to-6), should I feed it with the Digital signal (SPDIF / TOSLink)? or better use the 6 x Analog RCAs ?
I would guess that the Digital signal would provide a cleaner input into my DSP?