#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 02-28-2022, 12:22 PM   #9815
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by marnetromburg View Post
Hello, SquirrelyZL1! I was using just a standard carrier for my Taurus TX22 gun, but this was not comfortable for me during the car driving, and sometimes the gun was messing around and hit the door during rides.
Old 02-28-2022, 12:25 PM   #9816
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
At the 9 and 3 o'clock on the steering wheel.
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:32 PM   #9817
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Well I don't have a hand gun, but I have an AKM. When I go to the range it goes in the trunk with ammo box inside the car. Proper transport rules and all.

I just have to make sure I tell any would be mugger to hold on for a moment, so I can get my rifle from the trunk and the ammo and mag from inside the car. Then I would be ready for dealings.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq

Last edited by FlukeSS; 02-28-2022 at 02:46 PM.
FlukeSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:44 PM   #9818
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
I carry it in the passenger seat. I use a IWB holster, so it’s bothersome appendix carry while I’m sitting. Sometimes on my right hip if it’s a short trip.

AR short barrel rifle in the back seat if I go to the city.
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:05 PM   #9819
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Always on my hip. Try to never leave home without it.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 03:19 PM   #9820
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Nothing at this time. Have to look into a CCW course at some point but either my Sig P320 XCarry, or Taurus TX22.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 05:02 PM   #9821
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I don't need one nor have I ever felt like I needed one. But some people are fearful and don't feel safe unless they have one. For them, as long as you know the laws in all situations (99% of you don't) and are safe (99% of you aren't) and aren't just showing off or trying to act tough (99% of you are), then I see nothing wrong with legally owning one. Just because you legally own one, BTW, doesn't mean you can use it in all situations. And judging by some of the comments here, 99% of you are unsafe and really need to look up the laws.

You should be looking up tge laws to see where you can legally put your firearm whether in a vehicle or on your person instead of asking strangers on a forum. That right there, if you were looking for suggestions, tell me that you are not educated on the laws in your state or your rights and you are not a safe or responsible owner. Now if you were asking just as a conversation starter, then the only place anyone should be keeping them are places where they are legally allowed and that should be mentioned instead of "oh I keep one in the console, two on my hip, 5 in the rear seat..."

In NJ there are specific laws on where you can keep a firearm in a vehicle etc. And there are specific laws on when you can use it. If someone breaks into your car that doesn't give you the right to carry a shotgun outside and blast them. If someone breaks into your home that doesn't always mean you can shoot them to death. So learn the laws of your state instead of asking people from all over the country what they're doing. Because where they keep theirs means nothing if you legally can't keep yours there in your state. And you should already know this.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:17 PM   #9822
pauly1119

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I don't need one nor have I ever felt like I needed one. But some people are fearful and don't feel safe unless they have one. For them, as long as you know the laws in all situations (99% of you don't) and are safe (99% of you aren't) and aren't just showing off or trying to act tough (99% of you are), then I see nothing wrong with legally owning one. Just because you legally own one, BTW, doesn't mean you can use it in all situations. And judging by some of the comments here, 99% of you are unsafe and really need to look up the laws.

You should be looking up tge laws to see where you can legally put your firearm whether in a vehicle or on your person instead of asking strangers on a forum. That right there, if you were looking for suggestions, tell me that you are not educated on the laws in your state or your rights and you are not a safe or responsible owner. Now if you were asking just as a conversation starter, then the only place anyone should be keeping them are places where they are legally allowed and that should be mentioned instead of "oh I keep one in the console, two on my hip, 5 in the rear seat..."

In NJ there are specific laws on where you can keep a firearm in a vehicle etc. And there are specific laws on when you can use it. If someone breaks into your car that doesn't give you the right to carry a shotgun outside and blast them. If someone breaks into your home that doesn't always mean you can shoot them to death. So learn the laws of your state instead of asking people from all over the country what they're doing. Because where they keep theirs means nothing if you legally can't keep yours there in your state. And you should already know this.
I feel very safe with or without it but Ive had one on me for more years then I can count mostly job related. Its not really a matter of fear its the ability to protect yourself, family or possibly others with a tool. Everyone thinks they are a tough guy till its time to do tough guy stuff. Things can go south very quickly. Most people that speak against them have never been put in a situation that requires its use and hopefully never will but this isn't Kansas anymore.
pauly1119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:19 PM   #9823
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
I have a CC. I have had one for many years now. I think I have left my house maybe 2 times with my CCW with me. I have my CC so "if" I ever felt the need to want to take my CCW with me I could. That being said, I have yet to ever feel the need to have it with me. That maybe different if I lived in a different area, but around here, I just don't feel unsafe. The other thing is that I truly have never found a decent comfortable place to carry. I've went through to many holsters to count and I won't spend anymore money on them. If I ever feel the need or want to take my CCW... I can...

If you have never watched the comedian Jim Jefferies - Gun Control... You got to watch it. I love my guns, but this guy is truly spot on and funny.

Last edited by jamala00; 02-28-2022 at 06:31 PM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:09 PM   #9824
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:

You're right about the need to be aware of local laws (especially in a state like NJ where it took me a 6-month process to even get a possession/purchase permit and where a carry permit looked nigh impossible to obtain). However, I disagree with what you say about people not feeling confident in themselves unless they can brandish a gun.

This, as pauly1119 said, is more about having a last resort means to protect oneself and one's family. I am a software developer, not an army vet or Jack Reacher and don't stand a chance against even one 250-pound tower of flesh, let alone several. Been mugged at knifepoint once, and don't want a repeat experience. I won't even mention my wife, she is petite and not trained in martial arts either, how would she even have the slightest chance of even escaping without a handgun, should something happen.

These situations develop quickly, and it's great that you live in a neighborhood where you don't ever feel you need a piece (honestly, I'm glad, you did choose well), but that doesn't mean others are personally insecure just because they want the opportunity to defend themselves.

To the topic, I hardly ever carry in the car, so I have no fixed spot, but if I did, my preference would probably be a magnetic holster under the driver seat, close to the front. There aren't a whole lot of options for storage in general.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #9825
BLACK21SS
Oldman w/a teenager brain

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:

Lol. How does your husband feel about it?

“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism, to the tempestuous sea of liberty.”
BLACK21SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:54 PM   #9826
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:

No offense intended, but please realize, you live in a state whose gun laws are very much outside the mainstream. For most people, unless you live in NY, NJ, CT, MA, IL, or CA, you're not going to experience that level of regulation.

My carry permit cost $70 for 5 years. No training or certification of any kind required, just a criminal background check.

I can carry concealed, or not. I can store my gun in my car unloaded, or loaded, and I can put it anywhere I want to. In fact, in GA, I don't need a permit to carry a loaded pistol in a car.

To the OP. I really like my new BUG, a Bond Arms Derringer. It stays on my belt all day. When I'm out and about my Colt Commander is the go to, and I have a spare holster strapped under the driver seat to hold it while I'm driving.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 11:34 PM   #9827
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1119 View Post
I feel very safe with or without it but Ive had one on me for more years then I can count mostly job related. Its not really a matter of fear its the ability to protect yourself, family or possibly others with a tool. Everyone thinks they are a tough guy till its time to do tough guy stuff. Things can go south very quickly. Most people that speak against them have never been put in a situation that requires its use and hopefully never will but this isn't Kansas anymore.
I am not a tough guy. I prefer non-violence even if that means swallowing my pride and walking away...which I have done and will continue to do whenever the situation permits. I have no problem protecting others without a weapon. And honestly, that fear that tells you that you are not able to protect your family unless you are armed is what leads to problems. You don't need a weapon to protect people or yourself. You are just afraid that you can't protect anyone and you feel powerless. And owning a gun makes you feel protected. You don't have a gun so you can protect others. You have a gun so you don't feel scared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK21SS View Post
Lol. How does your husband feel about it?

“Timid men prefer the calm of despotism, to the tempestuous sea of liberty.”
How does YOUR husband feel about it? Did he write you that poem?

Owning a gun has nothing to do with liberty. If you think it does then I doubt you are competent enough to own one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
No offense intended, but please realize, you live in a state whose gun laws are very much outside the mainstream. For most people, unless you live in NY, NJ, CT, MA, IL, or CA, you're not going to experience that level of regulation.

My carry permit cost $70 for 5 years. No training or certification of any kind required, just a criminal background check.

I can carry concealed, or not. I can store my gun in my car unloaded, or loaded, and I can put it anywhere I want to. In fact, in GA, I don't need a permit to carry a loaded pistol in a car.

To the OP. I really like my new BUG, a Bond Arms Derringer. It stays on my belt all day. When I'm out and about my Colt Commander is the go to, and I have a spare holster strapped under the driver seat to hold it while I'm driving.
And that is very good for you. As long as you know what the laws are and act accordingly. And if you ever have to use it, I hope you remember the laws and act accordingly...which most people do not.
Old 02-28-2022, 11:42 PM   #9828
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You're right about the need to be aware of local laws (especially in a state like NJ where it took me a 6-month process to even get a possession/purchase permit and where a carry permit looked nigh impossible to obtain). However, I disagree with what you say about people not feeling confident in themselves unless they can brandish a gun.
Sorry but most people are afraid. And I'm not saying that as an insult. But in the real world, a lot of people live their lives constantly in fear and owning a gun makes them feel safer. And it is fine with me as I believe that everyone deserves to feel safe and secure. But it also means that people need to know the laws and keep those laws in mind if they are ever presented with a situation where they need to show and/or use a gun on someone.

Tags
camaro gun