Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 02:07 AM   #1
DarkFangz1100
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 672
Trifecta

Has anybody done a Trifecta Tune? Whether it be Advantage, Advantage+, or Elite?
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
Adp2017
 
Adp2017's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 376
I will be doing the trifecta tune in the spring. I had them tune my old Cobalt SS and they were great to work with and the tune was super easy to install. I want to get the Elite just for the greatest performance. Installing a CAI, dp and catback will be my first move before tuning however.

I do see you have the 2016 which I have read is easier to tune. The 2017 models apparently have some sort of firewall in the computer that needs to be hacked on a car by car basis which adds lead time to Trifecta being able to tune the 2017's.
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 10:27 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I will be doing the trifecta tune in the spring. I had them tune my old Cobalt SS and they were great to work with and the tune was super easy to install. I want to get the Elite just for the greatest performance. Installing a CAI, dp and catback will be my first move before tuning however.

I do see you have the 2016 which I have read is easier to tune. The 2017 models apparently have some sort of firewall in the computer that needs to be hacked on a car by car basis which adds lead time to Trifecta being able to tune the 2017's.
Vince can do the 2017 it will just take longer you need to do an Infolog at a dyno to pull the PIN that allows access to the ECM for tuning. GM's way of seeing if you voided your warranty or not I spose.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
Adp2017
 
Adp2017's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Vince can do the 2017 it will just take longer you need to do an Infolog at a dyno to pull the PIN that allows access to the ECM for tuning. GM's way of seeing if you voided your warranty or not I spose.
The tune is transparent still tho isn't it?
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
The tune is transparent still tho isn't it?
Everything is there is no hidden tune despite what some tuners will claim. The 2017 just basically let's GM know you tuned the car lol.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
Jason@JacFab
 
Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 5,690
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Everything is there is no hidden tune despite what some tuners will claim. The 2017 just basically let's GM know you tuned the car lol.
GM will know if it's tuned as soon as it's plugged in at the dealer, whether or not they actually care at the time your car is in for service depends on why you're in there. If you have an engine failure, they WILL look at the tune, and they WILL see it.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:22 AM   #7
DarkFangz1100
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adp2017 View Post
I will be doing the trifecta tune in the spring. I had them tune my old Cobalt SS and they were great to work with and the tune was super easy to install. I want to get the Elite just for the greatest performance. Installing a CAI, dp and catback will be my first move before tuning however.

I do see you have the 2016 which I have read is easier to tune. The 2017 models apparently have some sort of firewall in the computer that needs to be hacked on a car by car basis which adds lead time to Trifecta being able to tune the 2017's.


I plan on getting the Elite as well simply because they put the little claim stating "The TRIFECTA Elite Calibration offers premium tier-1 support. With this product, customers can request specific calibration changes and support for third party hardware. Remote-tuning services are offered with this tier."
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:03 PM   #8
Adp2017
 
Adp2017's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 RS Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
I plan on getting the Elite as well simply because they put the little claim stating "The TRIFECTA Elite Calibration offers premium tier-1 support. With this product, customers can request specific calibration changes and support for third party hardware. Remote-tuning services are offered with this tier."
Another selling point I did not know of. Thankyou
Adp2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
DarkFangz1100
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 672
That's why I was wondering if anybody has used them previously to see what kind of third party items they have had experience with.
DarkFangz1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:08 AM   #10
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,781
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFangz1100 View Post
That's why I was wondering if anybody has used them previously to see what kind of third party items they have had experience with.
Trifecta has vast experience and a shaky reputation on the 5th Gen V6 platform. They've made big changes in that department according to them and if they truly live up to the tier-1 experience i'll be on their side 100% again. But as for their experience I have no doubt they do know what they are doing.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #11
cellsafemode


 
cellsafemode's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: California
Posts: 3,411
I have a trifecta tune on my V6 2016 camaro. The entire experience went smooth and it was all very easy to complete.

you get a ECM and a TCM calibration (tune). The entire process will take you around half an hour. Afterwards your car will probably run weird while it re-learns everything. I would drive around for a day or two before really judging how the tune is behaving.

On your turbo cars it should be really obvious. The V6 doesn't leave as much power on the table so it's more subtle but still noticeable.

edit: they have an option to flash with their shadow/transparent feature to not trigger the flash counter. I'm not sure as to the efficacy of this as I have not brought my car to the dealer since nor do I have any contacts in a service dept to check if they can detect it. So if that's a concern for you, you'll have to wait until someone else can chime in with definitive proof either way.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 04:28 AM   #12
X24amd
 
X24amd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 camaro RS v6
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Mass
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellsafemode View Post
I have a trifecta tune on my V6 2016 camaro. The entire experience went smooth and it was all very easy to complete.

you get a ECM and a TCM calibration (tune). The entire process will take you around half an hour. Afterwards your car will probably run weird while it re-learns everything. I would drive around for a day or two before really judging how the tune is behaving.

On your turbo cars it should be really obvious. The V6 doesn't leave as much power on the table so it's more subtle but still noticeable.

edit: they have an option to flash with their shadow/transparent feature to not trigger the flash counter. I'm not sure as to the efficacy of this as I have not brought my car to the dealer since nor do I have any contacts in a service dept to check if they can detect it. So if that's a concern for you, you'll have to wait until someone else can chime in with definitive proof either way.
Hey man I just ordered one for my 17 auto, do you have to ask for the transmission tune seperately or does it come with both? Thanks
__________________
Alex
X24amd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:36 AM   #13
Davescamaro
 
Drives: Chevy camaro
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 136
You need both ecm and tcm for auto trans. The elite package is for if you have bolt ons and upgrades. I love mine, it's not a burple or exhaust popping, but I did notice smoother pulls and more torque than anything.
__________________
2019 Camaro LS 2.0 Riverside Blue Metallic, ZZP strut bar, K&N intake, ZZP catted DP, MRT axle back, Injen IC piping, Trifecta Elite tune, zzp heat shield, turbosmart diverter valve.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.