Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions


AWE Tuning


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2021, 03:56 AM   #1
Owl3
 
Drives: 2019 GLC AMG63 (Daily), 2017 ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: KY
Posts: 15
New Whipple

Has anyone heard any news lately about the new Whipple for the LT4?
__________________
On the way to 1K.....
Owl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:30 AM   #2
Joshinator99


 
Joshinator99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Petersham MA
Posts: 2,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl3 View Post
Has anyone heard any news lately about the new Whipple for the LT4?
3.0 is supposedly being released in January and looks like the 3.8 will be released for at some point too, although anything I read online previously suggested Whipple wasn’t going to make the 3.8 for the LT platform. So until they’re formally available for sale who the heck knows lol
__________________
2017 Chevy Camaro 2SS A8 Kong ported Whipple 8.00/3.00, Mast Black Label heads, Fore triple in-tank pumps, 229/245 cam, Rotofab Big Gulp, 112mm TB, forged pistons & rods, LPE +52% injectors, LPE BB HPFP, AWE CB, GForce DS & axles, 2” coated headers, MM Wild CC, everything BMR makes, OEM 1LE wheels (street), Forgestar D5 bead locks (track). 927 WHP/917 WTQ, 9.65@146
2021 Ford Expedition Limited 4WD (daily driver)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 (hers)
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
SSUNDVL
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 149
Pat G posted on his Instagram a Camaro that had the gen 5 Whipple yesterday, made good power on 93. Not sure if it was a prototype as it looked to be a shop car, nonetheless was looking allover online and could not find any other details or ads for sale, hopefully January like they previously mentioned.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #4
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 735
There is such little interest in new forced induction offerings for the 6th gen camaro as of late that I would not be amazed if the new 3.0 whipple kit is postponed indefinitely. The 3100 maggy blower was dangled around here for over 2 years before they stated that it wont be offered because the 2650 was enough. It would be nice if whipple releases it, but it seems like the never ending price increasing 2650 kits have become your only top mount blower option if you don't intend to run an LT4 oem blower. Better off turbo or centri at this point with such a lack of top mount blower options.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 11:22 AM   #5
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 5,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
There is such little interest in new forced induction offerings for the 6th gen camaro as of late that I would not be amazed if the new 3.0 whipple kit is postponed indefinitely. The 3100 maggy blower was dangled around here for over 2 years before they stated that it wont be offered because the 2650 was enough. It would be nice if whipple releases it, but it seems like the never ending price increasing 2650 kits have become your only top mount blower option if you don't intend to run an LT4 oem blower. Better off turbo or centri at this point with such a lack of top mount blower options.
The price of everything has gone up. Procharger just went up again and to get a Procharger setup that is comparable to a 2650 you would be spending the same amount of money easily and likely more. You can not compare a base Centri kit to a 2650. The 2650 is comparable to a D1x setup with all the upgrades.

P1x kit with all standard finish, upgraded intercooler, quiet gears, race bypass is 8420.00. Not sure how much the D1x upgrade is but the P1x isn't as capable as the 2650.

The Maggie 2650 SS kit is 8440.00 with 103mm inlet.

Huron Speed TT kit with Comp Air 6467's is 8400.00. This is just 1 level up on upgrades.

If you want a 700whp or less setup then get a ported LT4 supercharger. If you want more then that get a 2650 far as PD options. Not sure how only having 2 PD options warrants going Centri or Turbo? The lack of options doesn't make it inferior. The market seems to be pretty well covered vs the demand on this platform. Whipple lost a lot of market share with GM stuff. They seem to be dominating on the Ford platform. There isn't really a need for the Whipple even though I do hope it comes available.
__________________
2016 NGM 1SS A8
Options-2SS Leather/NPP
Perf. mods-Whipple 2.9/Fuel System/Flex Fuel/103mm TB/Rotofab Big Gulp/Cat Deletes/Corsa NPP

Last edited by KingLT1; 01-01-2022 at 11:32 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #6
1LEornothing
 
Drives: 2020 LT1 M6
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: South, the DEEP south
Posts: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
The price of everything has gone up. Procharger just went up again and to get a Procharger setup that is comparable to a 2650 you would be spending the same amount of money easily and likely more. You can not compare a base Centri kit to a 2650. The 2650 is comparable to a D1x setup with all the upgrades.

P1x kit with all standard finish, upgraded intercooler, quiet gears, race bypass is 8420.00. Not sure how much the D1x upgrade is but the P1x isn't as capable as the 2650.

The Maggie 2650 SS kit is 8440.00 with 103mm inlet.

Huron Speed TT kit with Comp Air 6467's is 8400.00. This is just 1 level up on upgrades.

If you want a 700whp or less setup then get a ported LT4 supercharger. If you want more then that get a 2650 far as PD options. Not sure how only having 2 PD options warrants going Centri or Turbo? The lack of options doesn't make it inferior. The market seems to be pretty well covered vs the demand on this platform. Whipple lost a lot of market share with GM stuff. They seem to be dominating on the Ford platform. There isn't really a need for the Whipple even though I do hope it comes available.
Well I just snagged a new ECS kit over the holidays. Just under $5K taking advantage of their black friday offerings and discounts. Spent over a year hunting down a decently priced used LT4 blower and gave up since every seller wants top dollar for their tiny heat soaking oem blower. Saw the 2650 kits jump from high $6K to mid $8K from beginning of Sept 2021 to today (Edelbrock kit) and similar situation on the 2650 maggie. Procharger straight up lost their minds on their pricing. As far as turbo kits, huron speed and hellion have always been top dollar FI kit options and definitely out of reach for me.

Seems like the 2.9 Whipple kit that you have King was the hot ticket when it was still being offered. Hoping the 1500 novi and ECS works out for me. You seem impressed by them as well as other members like dorkmissle among others who seem satisfied with the alternate centri option.

Last edited by 1LEornothing; 01-01-2022 at 01:54 PM.
1LEornothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 01:17 PM   #7
SSUNDVL
 
Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 149
Link to instagram post 2 days ago - https://www.instagram.com/p/CYHB7zFL6NQ/

Might be 2.9l so not totally sure.
SSUNDVL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #8
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 5,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Well I just snagged a new ECS kit over the holidays. Just under $5K taking advantage of their black friday offerings and discounts. Spent over a year hunting down a decently priced used LT4 blower and gave up since every seller wants top dollar for their tiny heat soaking oem blower. Saw the 2650 kits jump from high $6K to mid $8K from beginning of Sept 2021 to today (Edelbrock kit) and similar situation on the 2650 maggie. Procharger straight up lost their minds on their pricing. As far as turbo kits, huron speed and hellion have always been top dollar FI kit options and definitely out of reach for me.

Seems like the 2.9 Whipple kit that you have King was the hot ticket when it was still being offered. Hoping the 1500 novi and ECS works out for me. You seem impressed by them as well as other members like dorkmissle among others who seem satisfied with the alternate centri option.
ECS is a nice setup for the money. Hard to beat at that price.
__________________
2016 NGM 1SS A8
Options-2SS Leather/NPP
Perf. mods-Whipple 2.9/Fuel System/Flex Fuel/103mm TB/Rotofab Big Gulp/Cat Deletes/Corsa NPP
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 02:11 PM   #9
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 5,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSUNDVL View Post
Link to instagram post 2 days ago - https://www.instagram.com/p/CYHB7zFL6NQ/

Might be 2.9l so not totally sure.
Looks like a 2.9 to me.
__________________
2016 NGM 1SS A8
Options-2SS Leather/NPP
Perf. mods-Whipple 2.9/Fuel System/Flex Fuel/103mm TB/Rotofab Big Gulp/Cat Deletes/Corsa NPP
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:43 PM   #10
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL
 
EDFHOBBIES's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Houston
Posts: 4,041
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I'm over at Matt's next to jrods Jr walked in its a 2.9 that has a electric bypass to stop the surging from the big cam.
__________________


Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.