Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2021, 07:28 PM   #1
95TA - The Beast

Drives: 2014 Cadillac CTS4 2.0T Performance
Looking for feedback on 6758 turbo lag

Hey guys, looking at doing a ZZP ZFR 6758 unit with the new build. I know it is the RIGHT turbo for my goals, just that I am concerned about the turbo lag with it being much bigger than the stock or even ZZP Big Wheel turbo I am currently running.

Any feedback on how it operates with an auto would be greatly appreciated.

I am also doing a set of Stage 2 cams if that makes a difference in lag at all.
95TA - The Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #2
95TA - The Beast

BTW, my goals are a modest 400AWHP/400AWTQ on 93 octane.

I am also doing E85, but that will just be icing on the cake for anything above that.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:58 PM   #3
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Hope your building up the clutch and bottom end.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
95TA - The Beast

I already ordered... Point is moot... I guess I can post about how the lag is...

Davescamaro, yeah, it is ALL being built... I will post another thread about it, but here is a sneak-peak:

Diamond Racing Forged Pistons
Molnar Forged Rods
ARP Head Studs
ZZP Stage 2 Cams
ZZP 82# Valve Springs
ZZP Ignition Coils
ZZP Viton Coated Head Gasket
ZZP ZFR 6758 Turbo
Larger Throttlebody
NGK 6510 Spark Plugs

All the above are going into a 1800 mile engine (wasn't even broken in). Has new timing set, balance shaft set, waterpump, alternator, starter, balancer, tensioner, etc. Basically brand new engine in every way.

The supporting parts:

Mishimoto Intercooler
Mishimoto Charge Pipe
Mishimoto Dual Catch Cans
ZZP E85 Flex Fuel

All going into a 2014 CTS4 Performance model.

I also have a PTP turbo blanket along with a Turbosmart wastegate actuator and plumback diverter valve, but I am not sure any or all are compatible with the ZFR unit. I am waiting to hear back from people on all of it. I will be sure to add in a turbo blanket if the PTP unit doesn't fit and I also am partial to the reliability of the Turbosmart parts, so I will see about getting those for that unit if I can as well if the ones I have won't work.

As far as the rest of the car since it is AWD and automatic I am all good.

I am also doing a 13.6"/13.4" 4-piston caliper brake upgrade front/rear at the same time.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
ZZP_Tyler

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95TA - The Beast View Post
Hey guys, looking at doing a ZZP ZFR 6758 unit with the new build. I know it is the RIGHT turbo for my goals, just that I am concerned about the turbo lag with it being much bigger than the stock or even ZZP Big Wheel turbo I am currently running.

Any feedback on how it operates with an auto would be greatly appreciated.

I am also doing a set of Stage 2 cams if that makes a difference in lag at all.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how little turbo lag the 6758 has for the power potential. I recommend the 6758 over the 7163 all the time if folks are concerned about lag. It's got a big turbo feel but never feels laggy to me. Granted, I have driven a good amount of bigger turbo cars, so I'm a bit biased.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #6
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
Tyler,

How much bigger is the 6758 over my current "big wheel" 67mm/HL9blade set up?
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote