Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-15-2018, 12:34 PM   #43
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burly View Post
Mustang drivers always give me dirty looks. Especially the guy up the street who got beat badly at stop light race a few months ago.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #44
Software Guy

Drives: 2017 2SS, 2000 Trans Am Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
People hate on success or any signs of it. You just need to learn to ignore them and enjoy your hotrod.
THIS!

I get a lot of shit form people and just ignore them. My wife will be getting a new Prius this spring (don't want to buy a new car in the winter) and I know she will catch hell from people, never mind her current one is almost 9.

It took us years to get where we are and I'm damn proud of what we have both done.

Wait until the Camaro is gone and there is a Vette in it;s place!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:39 PM   #45
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
I was expecting a lot of shit when I bought my car. In fact I set myself up for some of it joking about an early mid life crisis (since I'm 39). To my surprise I don't think I've ever had any real negative or hateful comments about it or my ability to make responsible decisions.

Mine is practically a daily driver with almost 50k on it now, but any time I'm feeling short on compliments all I have to do is wash it with a spray detail to make it shine and anywhere I go someone is telling me how much they like my car.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 01:45 PM   #46
JRS

Drives: 16 camaro M6/ 18 ZL1 camaro A10
I'm 28 and not to being bragging or selfish but I have had people that are jealous of me my whole life and having three Camaro's doesn't help. I'm not going to sell any of them just to suit someone else because I personal found over the years you can't make people non jealous of you because there is always something they want that you have and most of the time they are not willing to work as hard as you did to get it. I also don't talk about my cars to many people because I know it's just an opening for them to say something smart or out of jealousy. I can appreciate anyone's car whether it be a ford, dodge and or an import because it's there passion and who am I to say otherwise.
Long story short, I have two good jobs and I do get some compliments but I get a lot of haters to and as long as your happy about your camaro who care what they say in the end it's not theirs!
JRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #47
NYJets12

Drives: 2018 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Trans AM depot converts SS Camaros in to various performance levels of Trans AMs. Kind of pricy at $100k+, but unique, and looks to be a high quality conversion.
I seen that a few months ago but that's to much for my pocketbook.
Unless I hit the lottery, then that'll be my 1st stop.
NYJets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #48
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
I can relate, got my first Camaro at 23 right out of college and moved on to my second at 24. I'm 25 now and also drive a 2017 Acadia Denali (share with the wife), have 2 other cars and get sh** from people every now and then but like everyone else has said I've paid my dues and worked hard to get where I'm at so why not buy things I like. Work hard play hard is what I was taught. Enjoy what you've accomplished and live life how you want, not how someone else says you should.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #49
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
I think it just comes with territory. I am 27 and I am often asked how can I afford such a car? I pay them no mind because I can hardly hear them over the sound of that glorious V8 engine.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #50
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
24 traditionally would be the perfect age for a Camaro SS. Why are people worried about what you are driving?
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:21 PM   #51
Driium

Drives: '17 SS
I've only received compliments on the Camaro, sometimes I wish I had waited and bought something a little more luxury oriented but as soon as I step on that pedal I am reassured of my purchase :P. This car is definitely one I am going to keep as long at its running even after I move on other vehicles.

Also glad I only have to work one job for it! I admire you guys work ethic who are working multiple jobs! My ONE job is a handful,I tell people who ask me what I do for a living that I am a Dog Catcher/Garbage man
Driium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #52
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
Make your windows darker, and nobody will see you
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:30 AM   #53
MrImSoFly

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS
Random question here. How many of you have parked in the back of walmart only to come outside to a car full of teenagers right by trying to smoke some weed and giving you the thumbs up as you approach? lol that might be my favorite of all compliments lol.
MrImSoFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #54
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
Wait until the Camaro is gone and there is a Vette in it;s place!
This is exactly what I was thinking. I had a 2014 stingray and I couldn't believe how much differently my coworkers acted when I was driving a vette. I don't take near as much flack when I'm driving a Camaro, even if it is modded to the point of being crazy.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:20 AM   #55
F1FTY

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I used to get a ton of comments and dirty looks from coworkers when I had my 8 year old 911 (that cost about what a Camry or minivan cost them). The Camaro by comparison has been a TON more positive from people and strangers. It really just shows their own insecurities and nothing else. This fable is really something to remember about the opinions of the public at large:

A MAN and his son were once going with their Donkey to market. As they were walking along by its side a countryman passed them and said: “You fools, what is a Donkey for but to ride upon?” 1
So the Man put the Boy on the Donkey and they went on their way. But soon they passed a group of men, one of whom said: “See that lazy youngster, he lets his father walk while he rides.” 2
So the Man ordered his Boy to get off, and got on himself. But they hadn’t gone far when they passed two women, one of whom said to the other: “Shame on that lazy lout to let his poor little son trudge along.” 3
Well, the Man didn’t know what to do, but at last he took his Boy up before him on the Donkey. By this time they had come to the town, and the passers-by began to jeer and point at them. The Man stopped and asked what they were scoffing at. The men said: “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself for overloading that poor Donkey of yours—you and your hulking son?” 4
The Man and Boy got off and tried to think what to do. They thought and they thought, till at last they cut down a pole, tied the Donkey’s feet to it, and raised the pole and the Donkey to their shoulders. They went along amid the laughter of all who met them till they came to Market Bridge, when the Donkey, getting one of his feet loose, kicked out and caused the Boy to drop his end of the pole. In the struggle the Donkey fell over the bridge, and his fore-feet being tied together he was drowned. 5
“That will teach you,” said an old man who had followed them:
“PLEASE ALL, AND YOU WILL PLEASE NONE.”

Rambo Cliff Notes: F' Em!
F1FTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:32 AM   #56
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Hell im 62.... i don't care what others think i enjoy my SS.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote