Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 05-10-2017, 03:18 AM   #1
M12LRV

Drives: .
Flowmaster American Thunder NPP Reviews?

Would anyone who has this setup care to offer their opinions, as far as sound, build quality/fitment, drone, variance with valves open/closed? I've seen mixed reviews on this forum and would like to see what more people think.
Old 05-10-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
MXSG

Drives: 2016 1SS
I've had it on for a month or so and I love it. To your points:

Sound: 10/10 Loud with a nice, deep rumble - exactly what I wanted. Inside with the windows up I could still use a little "more" but that's really a comment on how well insulated our cabins are.

Build quality/fitment: 9/10 Very good quality, feels study and well made. Everything lined up perfectly during install. The black paint on the mufflers and pipes chips off easily though. The packaging gets a 1/10 though. Took multiple replacements before I got a set that didn't have damaged tips. Even now my set isn't 100% flawless. It's a problem on Flowmaster's end and not FedEx/UPS as the box doesn't have near enough padding and the tips are pushed right up against the edge of the box. It's unacceptable and I would almost recommend against buying them until they can confirm this is sorted out.

Drone: 8/10 No drone, but it's not completely silent either. I can still hold a conversation with the valves in track mode. Occasionally I'll get a little rattle or reverberation at low speeds.

Variance with valves open/closed: With the valves closed it's actually very tame. Closed is too quiet for me, so I only close them when I'm coming or going late at night so I don't disturb the neighbors.

You may have seen this is in the other thread but here's my video:
https://youtu.be/P8IsEk6sO38

Last edited by MXSG; 05-10-2017 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Video link
MXSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:52 PM   #3
streetyme

Drives: 2016 2SS nav mag ride npp a8
Thanks for the opinions on the Flowmaster axle back , do you think you could pick up anything with the Flowmaster X pipe both in sound and performance?
Weld Laguna 17x10 18x5

2006 mustang gt Magnuson Livernois stage 2 heads stage 2 blower cams dynatech headers 4.10's Circle D convertor 533/511bs) (9.8lbs)
streetyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 06:11 PM   #4
M12LRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetyme View Post
Thanks for the opinions on the Flowmaster axle back , do you think you could pick up anything with the Flowmaster X pipe both in sound and performance?

I have the Flowmaster x-pipe with secondary cat delete. It's slightly louder and more raspy. I would say it has negligible effect on performance.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:14 PM   #5
M12LRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSG View Post

Sound: 10/10 Loud with a nice, deep rumble - exactly what I wanted. Inside with the windows up I could still use a little "more" but that's really a comment on how well insulated our cabins are.

Build quality/fitment: 9/10 Very good quality, feels study and well made. Everything lined up perfectly during install. The black paint on the mufflers and pipes chips off easily though. The packaging gets a 1/10 though. Took multiple replacements before I got a set that didn't have damaged tips. Even now my set isn't 100% flawless. It's a problem on Flowmaster's end and not FedEx/UPS as the box doesn't have near enough padding and the tips are pushed right up against the edge of the box. It's unacceptable and I would almost recommend against buying them until they can confirm this is sorted out.

Drone: 8/10 No drone, but it's not completely silent either. I can still hold a conversation with the valves in track mode. Occasionally I'll get a little rattle or reverberation at low speeds.

Variance with valves open/closed: With the valves closed it's actually very tame. Closed is too quiet for me, so I only close them when I'm coming or going late at night so I don't disturb the neighbors.

Thanks for your input. I'm definitely leaning towards going with this setup.
Old 05-10-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
Jdelgado92

Drives: '16 Red hot M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXSG View Post

i second this
Old 05-10-2017, 10:57 PM   #7
wbt2012

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 2017 Camaro 1SS
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493227
wbt2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #8
grizrulez

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1ss
Just ordered The Flowmaster NPP system with the scavenger mid pipe... Really hoping for the sound i want from it. Will post videos once installed!
grizrulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 05:26 PM   #9
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
What is different is compared to the stock NPP in sound. I love my NPP...

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:40 AM   #10
FiftySS

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizrulez View Post
Just ordered The Flowmaster NPP system with the scavenger mid pipe... Really hoping for the sound i want from it. Will post videos once installed!
How's the install going, can't wait to see videos. I think I'm going to pull trigger on this system but just need to confirm one more time. I had the Borla S-Type with mid pipes picked out but wanted something a little deeper, and then I saw the flowmasters and I think this is it.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #11
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
Probably gonna get this next weekend. Pretty easy installation?
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 01:56 PM   #12
grizrulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftySS View Post
How's the install going, can't wait to see videos. I think I'm going to pull trigger on this system but just need to confirm one more time. I had the Borla S-Type with mid pipes picked out but wanted something a little deeper, and then I saw the flowmasters and I think this is it.
Took a lot longer to ship than expected.. Expected to be here tomorrow and I will be installing as soon as it gets here. Cali to floirda is a long drive for UPS i suppose
Old 05-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #13
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizrulez View Post
Took a lot longer to ship than expected.. Expected to be here tomorrow and I will be installing as soon as it gets here. Cali to floirda is a long drive for UPS i suppose
If you don't mind me asking, who did you purchase them through?
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:24 AM   #14
grizrulez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
If you don't mind me asking, who did you purchase them through?
Phastek performance

here are the links if you need
http://www.phastekperformance.com/Fl...o-6-817746.htm

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...pipe-81083.htm