Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-10-2020, 02:47 AM   #29
TEST DRyVer

Drives: 17 ZL1 6mt with PDR
I'll get some pics up soon. I just had the slightly lower 2018 springs applied to the front of my car, and while they were at it, I had them install the 5mm spacers on the front (ZL1 Add-ons, since the Wildhammer spacers are backordered) and the 3mm spacers on the rear. It looks Good! It's not a huge improvement as you can imagine, but the springs and spacers together added a more polished end result. As far as drive, it's essentially unnoticeable. Ironically, what I do notice is that the front end sits lower from the drivers seat. I can see more of the hood. There is slightly less ground clearance, but I'm talking minimal. I do like the fact that there's less wheels gap in the front end. It's not a huge difference, but it's definitely noticeable (at least to me). It looks like the front end has between half an inch to 3 quarters of an inch less wheel gap, and they haven't fully settled. Right now, it looks as if the wheel gap in the front is only slightly higher than the rear. The front wheels are almost flush with the body, but not exactly (7-8mm spacers in the front would make it look completely flush. The rear is essentially flush.
I'm waiting to remove the ZL1 badges and replace them with black ZL badges with the #1 in ZL1 colored red. I also ordered ZL1 center caps from Wildhammer to replace the same ones that are worn out.
Then, I will post pics.

Esthetics: Nardo Grey wrap with original black accents throughout, complete Xpel ceramic coat, Diode Dynamics markers, Smoked GM tail & 3rd brake light, C7 Carbon 1LE style Spoiler in blk, ACS splash guards, blk'd out emblems. Variant Krypton wheels in Gloss black.

Performance: AWE Touring catback exhaust with resonator, Rotofab dry intake, TM throttle body, Kooks 1 7/8 Headers with Green Cats, Advanced Fuel Dynamics Flex Fuel kit with e50 blend and dyno tuned.

Current Family car (for the wifey): 2021 Audi SQ5
TEST DRyVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:03 PM   #30
SlikZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
This is on eibach springs and 6mm or 1/4 inch spacers. Looks pretty fitted imo
Attached Images

SlikZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 07:55 PM   #31
DFW_Muscle

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlikZL1 View Post
Wow, car sits quite a bit lower with the Eibach it looks like? Any idea of actual drop front / rear?

Any comment on ride quality after lowering?
DFW_Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:52 PM   #32
SlikZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_Muscle View Post
Wow, car sits quite a bit lower with the Eibach it looks like? Any idea of actual drop front / rear?

Any comment on ride quality after lowering?
It didn’t lower it too much tbh. Maybe .5-.75 inch all around.

The ride quality is great. The car may be a little stiffer, but nothing to where it would bother anyone. It is a must IMO .
SlikZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 02:33 PM   #33
DFW_Muscle

Quote:
It didn’t lower it too much tbh. Maybe .5-.75 inch all around.

The ride quality is great. The car may be a little stiffer, but nothing to where it would bother anyone. It is a must IMO .
Looks lower to me, but also, 0.5-0.75" is all I really want anyways. Thank you for your follow up.
Old 05-12-2020, 03:31 PM   #34
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
10mm... I loved the aggressive look but had to go back to OEM spec to avoid rubbing when it squats on the dyno.

2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:09 AM   #35
Intimidator

Drives: 69 GTO, 05 GTO, 2018 Silver ZL1
I just put 305's on the front and 325's on the rear...it fills the fenders out nicely with no issues.
Attached Images

Intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 07:41 AM   #36
FalconerOneSeven

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspeed1LE View Post
10mm... I loved the aggressive look but had to go back to OEM spec to avoid rubbing when it squats on the dyno.

Do you mind sharing a side picture?
FalconerOneSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:44 PM   #37
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconerOneSeven View Post
Do you mind sharing a side picture?

2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 03:31 PM   #38
45LongColt

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
I just put 305's on the front and 325's on the rear...it fills the fenders out nicely with no issues.

Any problem with rubbing? Did you relocate the wire harness and roll out the fender liner?
45LongColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #39
DFW_Muscle

Quote:
Would you mind sharing where you got the 6mm spacers at? And using stock lug nuts?
Old 02-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #40
Greg83

Drives: 2023 ZL1 M6 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEST DRyVer View Post
Ok, so after reading the responses here, a bit of research elsewhere, and speaking to Matt @ WildHammer, I've ordered a set of 5mm spacers for the front and 3mm spacers for the rear. If the rears don't look right, I'll simply take them off. My car has a full vinyl wrap and rock guards, so I'm not too worried about spitting up rocks. Especially since the ZLE and SS 1LE have quite a bit of poke from the factory. I'll fill you in after I have the front springs installed (my ZL1 is a 17, so I'm simply getting the OEM replacement springs that were a recall item) and have the spacers installed.
Did you install the 5mm front spacers? Can you please post some pics?
Greg83 is offline   Reply With Quote