#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 04-03-2020, 09:28 PM   #99
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by photorph View Post
It's an error, in the autotrader post it's listed as low 60s. When you go to their dealer website, the price is $67,750...which ends up being over 71k out the door. 9k more then what some people stated they got theirs for.

https://www.capitolchevy.com/Vehicle...-TX/3545130143

Well damn. That Criswell one I linked is definitely good as far as no added BS fees. Just have to wait a bit.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:01 PM   #100
jvandy50

Drives: 18 ZL1-1LE, 10 JKU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
OTD prices mean less than nothing, I have seen dudes brag about their OTD deal and you have to ask them to find out how much of it was trade in allowance. Plus taxes will vary by thousands depending on the state. Sales tax on a new car here in Oregon is half a percent and registration under $100. The catch with that is you’re generally subject to the sales tax for the state you register it in, not the state you buy it in.
Exactly...like why do they even post if there’s a trade involved?! The numbers aren’t what they seem.

And yeah its 6.5% here...good luck getting a dealer to pay that on a 70k car lol
jvandy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:42 PM   #101
900RFWN

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvandy50 View Post
Exactly...like why do they even post if there’s a trade involved?! The numbers aren’t what they seem.

And yeah its 6.5% here...good luck getting a dealer to pay that on a 70k car lol
Nobody will pay that dude. Some folks can’t grasp the Out The Door concept. In Texas it’s 6.25%. The price I posted that I paid is with that. Not a penny more. No trades. Just the OTD minus the down payment. Some people will get an amazing deal others will pay MSRP or more. Simple as that.
900RFWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #102
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900RFWN View Post
Well damn. That Criswell one I linked is definitely good as far as no added BS fees. Just have to wait a bit.
Yeah Criswell has a good reputation.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:07 AM   #103
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Best I’ve been able to snag is roughly 10% discount plus tax and title on ZLE (no trade). That’s a decent deal, but I’m just not comfortable making a big luxury purchase right now... Hoped for new incentives for 20’s on 4/1, but then with supply fixed due to shutdown, they’re likely going to be willing to let those cars sit.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 10:23 AM   #104
Snowwolfe

Drives: CTV5 V Blackwing on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
Best I’ve been able to snag is roughly 10% discount plus tax and title on ZLE (no trade). That’s a decent deal, but I’m just not comfortable making a big luxury purchase right now... Hoped for new incentives for 20’s on 4/1, but then with supply fixed due to shutdown, they’re likely going to be willing to let those cars sit.
I doubt GM cares what happens with the Z Camaro's. There are a bunch of leftover C7's at dealers and the factory incentives were better in Dec than they are now. I wouldn't be surprised if GM uses most of the parts in stock then discontinues making the Z. Its the only car they build that uses the LT4 motor.
Its going to take a long time for a lot of people to get back on their feet and start making luxury purchases again. This covid mess could be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of models.

Last edited by Snowwolfe; 04-05-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Snowwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #105
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
I doubt GM cares what happens with the Z Camaro's. There are a bunch of leftover C7's are dealers and the factory incentives were better in Dec than they are now. I wouldn't be surprised if GM uses most of the parts in stock then discontinues making the Z. Its the only car they build that uses the LT4 motor.
Its going to take a long time for a lot of people to get back on their feet and start making luxury purchases again. This covid mess could be the straw that breaks the camels back for a lot of models.
Sounds logical, and if that’s the case, supercharged V8’s aren’t likely to make a comeback; it’ll be the end of a golden era. Makes me want to throw in now...
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #106
ZRacerLE

Drives: The DSSV Twins: ZR2 and ZLE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
Sounds logical, and if that’s the case, supercharged V8’s aren’t likely to make a comeback; it’ll be the end of a golden era. Makes me want to throw in now...
I'll be even more pissed if China causes the end of the boosted V8 era....
ZRacerLE is offline   Reply With Quote