Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 01-21-2020, 11:15 AM   #29
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
IMO that is conservative, I like that. I'd do GM's high 9s (on 93) and work on the exhaust with either CA cat deletes move the 02 behind the second cats, or for an auto LT with cats. I know I'm "avant garde now" Also RotoFab, both mods reduce pumping losses so it is stress-free HP, which is longevity HP, ported tb and snout too. I figure the blower is probably optimized for high 9s and a 6.2 liter engine (never saw an efficiency map on it), I figure the aftermarket is doing plus 70 to plus 100 on a LT4 so dunno 12 to 14 PSI which has to be WAY off the efficiency map. We are dealing with a temp rise in either case, either before the intake valve or mechanical compression.

I hope others with the actual build will chime in. I would expect the build to be very responsive and fun.
I think that the maximum boost levels that most tuners recommend for this relatively small 1.7 blower is ~ 10-11 PSI - No more.
Again, lets have people with this set-up chime in with more information.

Thing is, that I would not like to impair the emissions requirements, by deleting the CATs and potentially fail smog tests.

Regarding intake: The stock inbox can be modified (I.E. Drill openings at the bottom): i would like to remain with a panel filter too - There has been no significant (if any) gains proven by using a conic/round shaped filter (I.E. K&N, Rotofab, Etc.).
Ported TB is already installed BtW (Soler)
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:20 AM   #30
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
just to finish up on the LT1 cam vs the LT4 cam. I check the LT5 cam specs and it is a DoD delete LT1 cam. exactly: 200 /207 .551 / .524 LSA is 116.5
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/eng...ed-c7-zr1-lt5/
So the LT1 cam is a better factory performance blower cam.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #31
Tim M

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
oldman: Verrry interesting...would not have guessed. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:57 PM   #32
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
I think that the maximum boost levels that most tuners recommend for this relatively small 1.7 blower is ~ 10-11 PSI - No more.
Again, lets have people with this set-up chime in with more information.

Thing is, that I would not like to impair the emissions requirements, by deleting the CATs and potentially fail smog tests.

Regarding intake: The stock inbox can be modified (I.E. Drill openings at the bottom): i would like to remain with a panel filter too - There has been no significant (if any) gains proven by using a conic/round shaped filter (I.E. K&N, Rotofab, Etc.).
Ported TB is already installed BtW (Soler)
Well you would actually be amazed on how much air you can push threw this blower with a great set of heads, cam and great tuning. Currently the FASTEST stock blower (ported) LT4 camaro is this yellow ZL1 that CURRENTLY runs a worlds best time of 9.37. AMP with all their air flow technology managed to get over 20 PSI using the STOCK intercooler.

https://www.facebook.com/AdvancedMod...type=3&theater
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10

Last edited by sr71bb; 03-20-2020 at 08:26 AM.
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:37 AM   #33
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
wow on that little blower...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:15 PM   #34
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
wow on that little blower...
Well yea - its 20lbs of boost, with a ton of meth and a ice box for the intercooler to chase the heat away.

I run a Alky meth kit and think it is definitely the way to go, especially with a PD blower, but when the sun goes down - the pump is just a $35 motor from a jacuzzi. If you are that meth dependent, it is a grenade waiting to happen.
Old 03-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #35
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post
Well yea - its 20lbs of boost, with a ton of meth and a ice box for the intercooler to chase the heat away.

I run a Alky meth kit and think it is definitely the way to go, especially with a PD blower, but when the sun goes down - the pump is just a $35 motor from a jacuzzi. If you are that meth dependent, it is a grenade waiting to happen.
So bottom line, when remaining on 93 straight from the pump (not even a slight bit of E in my location), I would not run any higher boost than 9 lbs considering that the fueling is LT4 End-to-End as well (Low side to High side, via Injectors, using the LT4 HPFP hard pipes as well).
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #36
sr71bb

Drives: 2019 Camaro Z-28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkMissile View Post

Well first of all, I mentioned it runs the STOCK intercooler. This car was set up to make a world record and it did yet it still can be driven as a daily driver. Car has made over 200 runs so it is NOT a grenade waiting to happen. Who gives a shit anyway WHAT it takes to make the car go this fast. The fact is it is a world record holder and is unbelievably consistent.
https://youtu.be/c9M5UHDftcA
4-15-23 at SCCA TT U1 Class

MEGA Thread on THIS car:
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602092

Retired Cars BELOW:
1973 Camaro, 1969 Camaro, 1969 Camaro SS RS
2010 Camaro SS with 1000HP F1R, 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
sr71bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:05 PM   #37
DorkMissile

Drives: 18 1SS 1LE HyperBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71bb View Post
Well first of all, I mentioned it runs the STOCK intercooler. This car was set up to make a world record and it did yet it still can be driven as a daily driver. Car has made over 200 runs so it is NOT a grenade waiting to happen. Who gives a shit anyway WHAT it takes to make the car go this fast. The fact is it is a world record holder and is unbelievably consistent.
Hey - the post on facebook says it has a icebox for the intercooler - so check the source. The ZL1 I/C isn't known to be a point of concern as long as there are better bricks used in the blower

20lbs on the 1.7 makes a tremendous amount of heat. They are chasing the heat away with the meth and the ice, but it is not a setup you can rely on under boost on the street. On the track where there is a lot more predictable variables it can be planned for - but you will need to put a meth pump in that thing on a regular basis to make sure you dont grenade it.