Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2016, 03:22 AM   #1
Macpow

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Tracker ZR2
Wind noise on passenger side

Anyone have a wind noise issue with the passenger side window? I can hear it at 40+ mph, but cannot see break in window seal or any irregularities. Sure hate to have a dealer drive test this one

Macpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 04:31 AM   #2
souliman

Drives: don't have one yet
I'm getting a tiny whistle on the drivers side, same thing I can't seem to find the break or imperfection within the seal??
souliman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:58 AM   #3
Macpow

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, 2004 Tracker ZR2
Must not be a common issue. Think I will just have them replace the door seal.

Macpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:13 AM   #4
Blacksapphire

Drives: 2ss/rs 6A
I have the whistle on my drivers side as well but I'm usually listening to music so I ignore it. Don't want to take it to the dealer, those maintenance guys get way too excited when they see my car and who knows what they are doing when it's out of my sight.
Blacksapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 07:39 AM   #5
alaskajoel

Drives: White 2SS 6MT
I definitely have the same thing. I just turn up the radio. Hope someone identifies a better fix
alaskajoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #6
ImperialSScamaro
Im a noob

Drives: Black 2016 1SS
Mine does the same thing, hear wind on the drivers side door.
ImperialSScamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #7
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Driver side also don't recall it being there when I first bought the car
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #8
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Wow...Love the denial here. Why do you guys put up with this?? Just go to your dealer and have the window adjusted. It's a no charge warranty issue. They have the tools, they have the procedures. Likely a really common issue.....I just had to have it done on my VW, but they rebuilt the door after an accident and didn't set it correctly the first time..
Old 04-30-2016, 08:31 PM   #9
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Wow...Love the denial here. Why do you guys put up with this?? Just go to your dealer and have the window adjusted. It's a no charge warranty issue. They have the tools, they have the procedures. Likely a really common issue.....I just had to have it done on my VW, but they rebuilt the door after an accident and didn't set it correctly the first time..
I just haven't had time yet
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:43 PM   #10
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Folks are typically afraid of bringing their car in for one issue and coming home with 3 new ones.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #11
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Folks are typically afraid of bringing their car in for one issue and coming home with 3 new ones.
I understand...I won't even take mine in for my free oil changes.......But when you can't do it yourself you can either complain or roll the dice. Finding a competent service department helps limit that risk...
Old 04-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #12
trz174

Drives: Used to Drive Blue Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Unfortunately, it's the reality and my exact experience. The dealer service was very courteous and graciously assisted as things developed. A loaner was offered each time.

It started with the original issue - the oil pan recall (required on my car). This led to chance discovery of an exhaust weld leak. The oil pan was fixed and new exhaust ordered so we took the car home. After the oil pan replacement, a strange metallic clunk was clearly heard driving over large bumps (left and right front) and the whirring/wind noise from the left drivers side. We stopped driving it and missed a trip to the drag strip that weekend. The visual inspection showed nothing obvious. We took it back to the dealer when the exhaust came in and told them about the two new problems. They had to keep the car two extra days becuase they didn't know there were two one-time use exhaust gaskets that they didn't order with the exhaust. It turns out that the tech who replaced the oil pan (the original problem) neglected to tighter the sway bar links (left and right front). Upon pickup, we noticed the left side air deflector was half torn off. We pointed that out and (of course) they have to order the deflector and we need to bring the car back again. The whirring/wind noise was on the ticket but not addressed. I'm going to remove the air deflector myself to swap for the new one. I'll put it on myself rather than let it go into the shop (even for a few minutes) and take a chance on yet another round of visits. I will wait and see if someone comes up with a home remedy on the whirring/wind noise. I suspect it's linked to the sound trumpet line so we'll block that tomorrow and see if it has an effect. So in addition to not having the car and missing some racing, we spent a lot of time going back and forth and juggling schedules for the multiple pickups and deliverys. It comes with the territory on a new, first run car but it does not make it any more enjoyble or something I want to do a lot.

Ok, was that three?
Attached Images

trz174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:19 AM   #13
Mikey LikesIt

Drives: 2016 Black Camaro 2SS A8
I just noticed this sound...definitely gonna take it in when I get a chance.
Mikey LikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:59 PM   #14
LosAlamosAl

Drives: 2016 Red Hot Camaro SS, 2016 BMW X3
Yup. In New Mexico you often need to defer to the "leave well enough alone" policy.
LosAlamosAl is offline   Reply With Quote