Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-31-2020, 03:21 PM   #15
2020 camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater View Post
100% true pick up a beater car if you are modding your daily, at least when you want to make changes you can have it down without fussing and be able to get parts.

Murphy's law is now the expectation!

I have a 2nd vehicle, 2015 Colorado, but I am not able to drive both cars 5 hours being 1 person, which is why I choose a complete kit with a canned tune that could get me home to my local tuner.
2020 camaro SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:34 PM   #16
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
I understand that, but between the vendor and Procharger the consumer picked and incompatible combo. Someone should have caught it.
Or at least consumer makes the call first instead of completely online order.
I did it myself on my Harley ordered a intake and breather and didn’t notice it was for a 89 incher or different head something like that.

Vendor was super cool, cause I ordered it in august for my own birthday present, while I was in Afghanistan not getting home till November.
3 months later I had to ask to switch out the intake they just contacted S&S Cycle and fixed my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020 camaro SS/RS View Post
Tps is just a vendor, it was the lack of ProCharger commnicatíon to vendors about the d1x
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 06:40 PM   #17
New_image

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Ive been waiting for my kit (not procharger)since February 11th. Am I annoyed "hell yeah I am." I email/call once a week and finally received my first update (March 26th) saying it will be another week. Im not to convinced at all.

Oh and dont even get me started on the meth kit (missing controller and missing braided line).
New_image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:02 PM   #18
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Just an FYI Jannetty Racing offers Procharger systems with JRE custom tuning equipment (hptuners AEM) and JRE custom tuning, 1 stop shopping.

No need to ship your computer anywhere.

I won't be the lowest price but you will get All the right parts, all the right info, the first time.

We fill in all the blanks others overlook.

Also you should not have D1X without an LT4 fuel system, Baro Break out harness, 3 bar map sensor, colder spark plugs MSD wires, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Race bypass and Race intercooler.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #19
Prochargedgen6

Drives: 2017 procharged camaro 2ss
Sometimes these think just happen, I add 50% more time and 30% more money to what I think I will cost, and now I'm in the ballpark!! However it will all be worth it in the end, I'm running 9.9's @ 139/140 at full weight 2ss while getting 26 mpg, fully connected weather internet nav, ect, this stuff is good!!
Prochargedgen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:37 AM   #20
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
By reading PC catalog seems upgraded to D1X says, Tuner only , don't see why a 2020 would be different
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2020, 07:50 AM   #21
2020 camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Just an FYI Jannetty Racing offers Procharger systems with JRE custom tuning equipment (hptuners AEM) and JRE custom tuning, 1 stop shopping.

I won't be the lowest price but you will get All the right parts, all the right info, the first time.

Also you should not have D1X without an LT4 fuel system, Baro Break out harness, 3 bar map sensor, colder spark plugs MSD wires, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Race bypass and Race intercooler.

Ted.
By the end of the year I'm pulling engine for a 415 stroker, and didn't want to buy a d1sc now, just to have to buy a d1x head unit later at $2500 it was much cheaper to upgrade to d1x for $425 now
2020 camaro SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:18 AM   #22
Paintslinger16
Two Lane Blacktop

Drives: '18 Camaro 2SS
See this is the exact information I was referring to, a been there, done that got the racing Tshirt.
You can’t get this information from a drop down order menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post

Ted.
Paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #23
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
D1x systems have always been tuner only. Canned tune stuff is for the entry level system. Either way you don't want a canned tune. The car would of been slow and you would be adding a supercharger to be no faster then a basic bolt-on E85 car. Raced a canned tune P1x C7 last summer and seen it first hand.

D1x isn't enough for a 416 stroker either. That size engine with the right heads cam intake will beg for a F1a94. Just forge the 377 and save some money.

All that being said, this is a perfect example of why I don't mod my daily driver. I am sure the boss was super impressed when you called in saying you can't work for 3 days because you tore your commuter apart to add another 200hp and things didn't go exactly as planned. lol
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:20 PM   #24
Matteoma1

Drives: Camaro ss
So a few things I can add to this hopefully this helps.

1. I also ordered my P1X system from TPS. I find their website to be a bit confusing to order from. The D1 systems have always been tuner only, you probably should have done a bit more research before ordering. That being said mike may try to help you with issues, but doesn't seem like a technical guy to me. They used to have a guy named Cesar working for them, he seemed to be the more technical one out of the two.

2. Procharger doesn't unlock the PCM in-house, or used not to. Their marketing used to be a bit deceiving on the PCM unlock 17+ must be shipped to them for unlocking(they didn't say this in their literature). They then send it to another company who unlocks it for them. They then load the tune and send it back. Or that was the process as explained to me.

3. the stock tune for the P1X system sucks. I had a lot of problems with it on my car. Somehow they didn't load the tune correctly and it was throwing all kinds of weird codes on the car. I actually had to buy a HP tuners credit just to have the tune put on it for the second time(I did this to avoid the hassle of sending back the PCM to them). You can find a thread on here about my issues with their stock tune. I also did not find them helpful with fixing the issue, nor did I find mike helpful. Both Procharger and TPS blamed my mechanic for it when it was a problem with the tune and the vendor all along.

Hopefully this helps if you have any questions you can PM me. Also this site is a great tool for asking questions before you buy. If you decide to order from TPS again I would use it. Their website sucks and Honestly there are better vendors who are more knowledgeable on this site.
Matteoma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 09:28 PM   #25
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
IMO, the most important thing is to work with your tuner. I used Pray and Cunningham, and actually EFI-tuning did my FBO + E85. All of them were great. Lots of vendor tuners here too with huge followings so you know they are delivering.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote