Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-13-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
Kman866

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
Corsa Exhaust question & Black water

Hey guys.

Recently picked up a set of American Racing Headers and a Corsa Exhaust for my 2010 SS Camaro (LS3). Got everything installed and sounds fantastic, but wasn't until I got everything on that I realized the exhaust is corsa's exhaust for the L99. Would it be fine to leave on the car? Or do I need to remove it and go with something else?

Also, at the rear of the car on the mufflers, and mid way up, I'm getting a lot of leakage at the clamps. Dark water- Looks to be so and water mixed, condensation maybe? Any thoughts on this and ideas on how to cut it down and get less leakage? I'm in Georgia, so I figure with it being as humid as it is it isn't a big deal. Any info helps.
Attached Images

Kman866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #2
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Don't worry about it , you can put a AUTO kit on a M6 just not the other way around. And all exhausts have the black water , from exhaust gas cooling as it travels out (condensation)
Old 06-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Kman866

I'm guessing the black in the water is soot mixing with the condensation? Is a large amount of water normal?
Old 06-15-2017, 01:44 PM   #4
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
You should be able to snug the clamps down where they will not leak water or air. -John

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:28 PM   #5
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Looks normal to me. Just make sure all clamps are snug. Usually have to check after a few heat cycles.

Also a L99 exhaust will fit a LS3 car equipped car and vice versa. Usually the difference is a L99 exhaust might have more to drown out drone or AFM mode. Now an exhaust for a convertible won't work on a coupe and vice versa.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:09 PM   #6
Kman866

Good deal. Exhaust leak fixed.

Now considering I've got new headers and an exhaust on and all, Im getting a lot of backfiring, an abnormal amount and Im almost positive it is running very lean. I'll be taking it to get dyno'd and tuned soon, but until then, would the 5/20 fuse pull helpthe car or backfiring any?